Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009
Technical and Progressive. Maybe event Avant-Garde. Words mostly used to make poor music sound not so poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009

IRQ posted:

Those words used to mean more than they do now, to be fair. Especially prog. Now all you need is a few time signature changes, no matter how sloppy or pointless, and some wankery and people will call you prog.

Oh yes the way I worded it sounded odd. There is the fair share of authentic types of this music but indeed it is now apparently a term used to excuse lack of song-writing.

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009
For anyone in Melbourne, prepare your anus.

quote:

Absu - The Connexus Conjuration Tour 2012 (14 January 2012)

Portal, Absu, Ruins, Ouroboros and A Million Dead Birds Laughing

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009
Paul's a real passionate kind of dude. That type of genuine attitude makes for some nice original tunes. Look forward to it.

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009
I guess I'm a little late posting this but there is a new Ne Obliviscaris song up
(http://neobliviscaris.bandcamp.com/track/and-plague-flowers-the-kaleidoscope)

And it is in fact amazing. I more than anyone expected this to be a cluttered piece of poo poo that they kind of lucked out with the demo. Hearing them live also sounded like a total cluster gently caress. This recording is great though. The harsh vocals wreck it a fair amount for me - distant vocals say more than grim growls do. Check it out.

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009
Thing is, the album sounds like it has potential. Lou Read at times even suits it but ultimately ends up sounding like he's never kept time with music. The spoken word thing could work if it was done right, some riffs sound pretty mean.

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009
I'll wear a (metal) shirt if it looks good. It is what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold Day
Jan 16, 2009

Drifter287 posted:

Finally got to listen to the new Alcest song that came out yesterday. Not particularly metal, but definitely worth checking out if you like their other material. Granted I'm a little biased: when I first discovered them I don't think I listened to anything but Ecailles de Lune for like three weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=85c-P9hbmBg!

I'm really quite an Alcest fan and this new song is really really bland. Nothing that hasn't been done before and the entire feel of the music production wise is quite bland.