Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
Watain was a huge dissapointment. I was expecting horrible smells and blood and animal corpses. What I saw was 4 balding men in black metal make-up playing basically diet Behemoth songs, slightly headbanging, in front of 2 (count em 2!) goat skulls on poles.

Thrilling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Watch it! It's loving awesome! Not a region free DVD, but still awesome never the less.

All of gawd's fury could not keep me from this show. From what I understand, some of the venues on this tour have asked the bands to refrain from some of the details they are known for. The Devil's Blood covering themselves in blood and candles on stage. Watain's pig heads, animal parts/blood and some of their fire effects (torches, candles, etc.) Everything I've read though has lead me to believe that it's pretty much up to the individual venue, not the artists. So, if your attending this tour at a relatively small venue, some or all of the usual stage trimmings may be missing. I don't expect this to detract from my overall experience THAT much. Particularly Watain!

Hey! Maybe Five Fingered Death Punch is coming to your area soon. Enjoy!

SO I go to a Behemoth show to see Behemoth, and hoping that Watain puts on a brutal show....I'm dissapointed it's nothing special, and I'm now a Five Finger Death Punch fan?

Sorry your favorite black metal heroes aren't that scary.

Furthermore, Watain played at the same venue here in atlanta on the smaller stage, and had all the animal blood and carcasses going full force two years ago.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

The singer of Watain was really cool. A lot of his moves envoked early Antichrist Manson days, especially with the strands of fabric hanging off his wrists and arms.

But man, how lovely were the two other opening bands? Like 80's hair metal wrapped in a goth blanket.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

QPZIL posted:

It actually made sense to me. They had a rhythm guy that just playing the backing chords, and then two guys playing harmonized leads.

But god gently caress, for being such a short set, Malfeitor/Reaping Death/Wolves Curse/The Serpents Chalice/Waters of Ain was the PERFECT set of songs.

I actually left about halfway through Behemoth. They're getting to be like Cannibal Corpse for me - their stage show is reliable, but not too daring or interesting. You know exactly what you're gonna get and it's pretty much the same thing every time. I guess I'm just getting bored with their music a bit too.

The problem with Behemoth was they wrote two songs called "Ov the Fire and The Void" and "Conquer All", and after they play both those, no other songs can even come close to the badassness of those tracks.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Agreed with 'what the gently caress is Baroness doing on this tour' sentiment. Mostly because I couldn't get tickets to see one of my favourite bands due to the hordes of sweaty 'Djent' worshipping numbskulls :mad:

Sounds like the Summer Slaughter Tour.

I swear to god they pick bands that will have clashing crowds just so there can be fist fights. Absolutely terrible.

There's so much animosity amongst the stupid sub-genres of metal, can't we all just get along?

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

IRQ posted:

I'm more annoyed that Dethklok is an actual thing outside the tv show and that people think it's good music.

Wait'll you see a whole room of their fans. Ho-buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

Scored pit tickets for Lamb of God/Dethklok at the Gibson in LA. Gonna stand in the back, I'm too old for moshing.

Don't worry, knowing that crowd, it will be a bunch of fat guys walking slowly around menacingly and pushing each other.