Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
What, you guys didn't get the memo? Many people like pirates. Therefore, any self-respecting goon wouldn't listen to music about pirates. Get with the program!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Hayaino Daisuki makes me so mad because I love every aspect of their music individually, but their mixing is so terrible that it becomes entirely unlistenable. Their first album is literally the most poorly-mixed metal I've ever heard; I have no idea how they listened to it and decided that it was okay. The drummer must have done all the production because that's all you can goddamn hear.

When you can actually hear their guitar, they're pretty kickass. Great Japanese mythology theme, too.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Oh, so you did. Agreed, the fact that it's a Jon Chang project should be enough recommendation for anybody. :)

In other news: Preorder the latest Cattle Decapitation album, Monolith of Inhumanity, and receive, among other things, legitimate Garbage Pail Kids trading cards based on the members of the band.

Commissioning the GPK artist is such an incredibly awesome thing to do that I'm surprised no grind band has done it before.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Speaking of which, has anyone else heard more than one track from the new Cattle Decapitation album, Monolith of Humanity? I was lucky enough to get my hands on a promo copy of the album and I must say, it's pretty drat outstanding. I mean, I've kinda caught glimpses of greatness on their last few releases that caught my attention, but this one really caught me off-guard. It's a blend of death/grind/gore/tech that fits without coming across as super pretentious or just plain out contrived. It's got lots of tempo changes and well produced. Travis Ryans vocals are... well, kind of un-human. At first I didn't know if I liked all the screeching/singing vocals he does in contrast with deep growls, but upon repeat listens, I think it actually fits. Almost makes you skin freaking crawl.

They've got three new songs officially released online, and most of the rest are available in recordings of live sets. I'm so pumped for the release. The vocals have always been Cattle Decap's strongest asset, and it's great to hear Travis Ryan continuing to push himself to ever more insane and inhuman levels. Also, they seem to be upping the number of slow, emotional, progressive parts, which is great - the epic-melodic interludes on The Harvest Floor were fantastic, and it adds a ton of character to the band.

I'm really interested in hearing "The Carbon Stampede", which apparently has "gang vocals" from every member of Cephalic Carnage. The idea of a multitude of grind vocalists in an allegory about stampedes is so perefectly fitting that I don't even want to spoil it by listening to the live version. :)

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Trees and Squids posted:

Anaal Nathrakh is so great. The vocals really do make the band for me.

Speaking of Anaal Nathrakh, they've finished their post-Passion album and sent it off to their label! According to Dave Hunt, the songs will all be quite dissimilar, with one coming "completely from left field, which we've included as a personal tribute". :allears:

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Non Serviam posted:

Let's now show awesome guitar players:

Jon 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y7LkFe3n24

Buckethead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYxrdrzmuUw

That is all.

Allen van Wert is a ludicrously talented alternate picker and tapper, with amazing speed and outstanding clarity to boot. Here's a taste of his brand of insane chromatic tapping: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q03zhe4-UsU

What's even better is that he's very down-to-earth and humble. He's just a chill, mostly unknown guy who's really good at guitar. Music starts around 2:17. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0soQOagU0wI

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Houseplant posted:

It wouldn't be the first time they have collaborated with someone from Mexico, but I am definitely feeling some Brujeria in there.

One of my favorite things about Anaal Nathrakh is how their thematic philosophy incorporates so many different people and time periods. Sometimes their songs feel like black metal/grind if it were performed by early 19th-century German experimental artists, French nihilists, Dark Age-era monks, or 1970s American psychologists, which is all awesome. It's subtle, but the use of such a wide palette of inspirations and languages is a really refreshing change that gives them a lot of originality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

Are there any women in extreme metal that don't dress like they're a Suicide Girl the band hired to stand in front of them? I want more hulking, bearded women in my goregrind.