Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

Just found out that the Noctis festival guys here in Calgary managed to book Agalloch. gently caress yes. I love these guys, they always manage to rope in fantastic bands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

Looks like the complete Noctis lineup got revealed. Headliners are motherfuckin' Venom and Agalloch. Also Pig Destroyer, Manilla Road, Grand Magus, Nunslaughter, Black Witchery, Excrementory Grindfuckers, Midnight, Psychostick, Archspire, The Order of Chaos, Kataplexis, Scythia, Ancients, Phantom Limb.

Super excited. It's September 27-29 in Calgary.

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

edrith posted:

Finntroll announced a North American tour with Metsatoll and Blackguard. I've heard that Metsatoll are loving amazing live, so I'm looking forward to this.

Awesome! Missed Finntroll the last time they were in town so I'm pretty stoked. Metsatoll I can vouch for, but shame about Blackguard, ecch.

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

I saw 'em a couple days ago and it was fun as hell. They did mostly play tracks off Blodsvept which I wasn't super into, but the encore is Trollhammaren and that kinda makes up for everything. Metsatöll were great fun too.

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

Hamferd put out an album and nobody told me! Fuuuuck it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzaU_8h9XuI

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

Caught Paganfest and that was super fun. Turisas finally played Miklagard overture which is kinda all I've ever asked the other times I've seen them live.

Winterhymn I was pleasantly surprised by, but they're now the fourth? band I know of that plays the fuckin' Skyrim theme. But I guess it's no secret that folk metallers are the biggest dorks. :v:

Found Sound fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 8, 2014

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

Shush, you. :colbert:

I'm liking the new Machinae album a lot too, even though it's neckbeard nerd trash filth or whatever. Not even couching liking the band as a 'guilty pleasure', because gently caress that noise, you should never have to feel bad about stuff you enjoy. Phantom Shadow is fun and makes me feel happy!

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

I saw that Insomnium and Omnium Gatherum are touring together and thought that was pretty funny. Like, sometimes I forget they're separate bands. Couldn't tell you which one I was listening to if you tossed them in a playlist. Insomnium Gatherum.

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

TollTheHounds posted:

Holy poo poo, new Istapp!

Full stream here, album release August 7th!

https://soundcloud.com/trollzorn/sets/istapp-frostbiten-full-album

I never know how to classify these guys, I guess it's swedish melodic guitar-centric slightly punky blackish metal that's super catchy and awesome and kind of unique in sound and tone with occasional clean vocals that rule?

This is some good poo poo, right here. Anyone have some more recommendations for melodic black metal? I used to listen to a lot of Dissection, Naglfar, Windir and the like.

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

Haha. Honestly, having every track refer to snow and ice didn't even strike me as weird. It's real hard telling whether black metal is being unironic or not unless they're like, Sportlov

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Should keep me busy a while.

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

so this led me down a rabbit hole of looking up other dorky subjects and uh, turns out there are a surprising number of elder scrolls themed bands, of all things

mostly terrible, but here's some symphonic black metal about dagoth ur I guess

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

this is probably a wild pull but i'm looking for a music video that got posted in one of these threads a few years ago. video was set in this haunted theatre, mostly on the stage, with some good creepy imagery - shapeless ghosts moving around, weird hosed up puppets (i think??), a rocking chair that starts rocking violently, stuff like that. there might have been stuff on fire? and an execution? and all in black and white, i think. had some production value to it. the actual band played black metal, i'm pretty sure. anyway, if anyone remembers the band/video it'd be much appreciated. it's just one of those things i keep thinking about over the years and can't google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

that's it! thanks!