Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
Overkill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
So anyone else here heard the new Kreator album? It's pretty killer.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

New Kreator is awesome. Kreator is awesome.

Phantom! Antichrist!

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
In terms of thrash metal, I've currently been spinning Kreator's latest non-stop, along with some Overkill, Sodom plus early Sepultura and Metallica. I also like Nightrage's Insidious.

What modern or old bands are there that I may also enjoy? I have tried getting into Slayer but Tom Araya's vocals aren't to my taste, nor are atonal shrieking solos, as I prefer something with a bit more melody.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Francostein posted:

I also want to recommend these bands, they're the flagship bands for modern thrash. Havok's album "Time is Up" is pretty good, though there's a few old school Araya like screams on a song or two. Another great modern band is Warbinger. If you go to shows a lot in the states, odds are you've seen them at least once since they have such a relentless touring schedule. All of their albums are good, but I personally love their two newest ones "Waking into Nightmares" and "Worlds Torn Asunder."

Brother, this band "Havok" sounds excellent. "Warbringer" is pretty red hot too. Thanks for the great recommendations.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

CmdrSmirnoff posted:

At first I was all :smugdog: but then I clicked it and was all :staredog:

Oh my word.

Is it really that bad?

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

co199 posted:

I've probably been looking forward to this album as much as Amon Amarth's new offering, and it doesn't disappoint.

What is wrong with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
The new album isn't bad, it has some good ones and some that are overly long, generic or a combination of both. Its classic Maiden, I don't know why you'd expect anything else tbh.