Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Optimum Gulps posted:

My absolute favorite review blog by a long shot is autothrall's From the Dust Returned blog. He and the rest of the staff (Penny Arcade metal forum mods, I guess?) review an average of roughly three albums a day (1131 reviews in 2011, for instance), covering all genres and all years. I've been introduced to dozens of bands I ended up loving, and his yearly top-25 lists have had some real gems I wouldn't have otherwise discovered. Not only that, but it was recently reorganized and the reviews can be broken down by year, score, and genre if you don't want to read through everything.

I honestly can't recommend it enough.

Just to clarify, most of the reviews posted there are autothrall's and some of the people from the penny-arcade metal thread will occasionally contribute.

If you want more autothrall lists he also has a bunch over at rateyourmusic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvCdgZRlGhI

Is there a term for the type of... harmonizing that's going on between the two guitars here?

I've loved this band for so long. Did anyone else ever do anything similar?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

A TURGID FATSO posted:

It really makes me hate Earache even more than normal because they are very much responsible for Anata never giving us another record.

Yeah, I vaguely remember there was supposed to be a 5th album in the works and gradually being more disappointed it never came out. I don't really think I want to know the story of why because I would probably just get depressed. Even if it suddenly appeared before me right now I think I'd wind up disappointed since I already listen to the other 4 albums all the time over the years.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/VictimOvChanges/status/1009176115745718272

Nergal sure is cool

:thumbsup:

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

That is unbelievably depressing. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

So apparently Nergal from Behemoth and Niklas Kvarforth from Shining are teaming up to make a movie. Here's a quote from the website:

"The Curse of Valburga is a politically incorrect black comedy feature film with an abundance of violence and blood. Inspired by the horror/slasher films of the late 70s and 80s, The Curse of Valburga aims to stay true to the horror genre of the time, providing its viewers not only with shock and tension, but also fun and entertainment.
This is a movie from horror fans for horror fans. This is The Curse of Valburga"

Lol Nergal is a giant moron and anyone who thinks he's intelligent is an even bigger moron.