Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I bought myself tickets to see Iron Maiden on July 30th for my 18th birthday. It's pretty cool and sentimental because I've been an Iron Maiden fan since I was at least three. It'll be pretty exciting. Anyone else going to the Seattle show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Aww shhiiiiiiit. Boris is touring the US. Bought my tickets for the Seattle gig(s) immediately. They're doing a normal show in every city with un-heard live songs outside of the US and new songs and another night they're doing Flood.

my god this is gonna be amazing. I need peeps to go with.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Qu Appelle posted:

When and where are they hitting Seattle?

:allears:
May 18th and 19th at the crocodile. Two day combo is $25

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Boris is one of the most dynamic bands that I know of; they hardly stick to one genre but keep a pretty hard sound with just a few exceptions. Akuma No Uta was my first Boris album and I'd describe it as garage-stoner rock with a little bit of drone. It is still my favorite. If you like Post-Rock and can take a very slow build then I'd suggest Flood, one of their best albums. Boris At Last -Feedbacker- is usually considered their magnum opus. Feedbacker is about 40 minutes long and is just one song, but it's a hell of a loving song. Their earlier stuff like Absolutego and Amplifier Worship is more Drone/Doom.

Their stuff they released in 2011 is different. New Album is a straight up J-Pop Boris album, Attention Please is noisy and shoegazey and Heavy Rocks (2011) is a less rocking version of the original Heavy Rocks album. Also, check out Rainbow if you actually get into Boris.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Smile's good stuff. Listen to both the Japanese version and the US CD version.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

They may do a East Coast tour.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

QPZIL posted:

You do realize that NY, DC, and MA are on the east coast, right?

Oh, I didn't even read the majority of it. I saw WA, CA and the like and just assumed West Coast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

not sure if I should get this or not...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ISIS-LIVE-V-Limited-Tour-2xLP-White-Screen-Printed-Poster-43-250-/171034510738?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item27d2738592