Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm trying to add to my Blind Guardian collection and I want to know which version of the Nightfall in Middle Earth album is the best? The most common versions on youtube seem to be the 2007 remastered release but I've also seen that there's a 2012 remastered special edition album and I think a 2018 version as well. I've listened to some of the song versions made after the 2007 version and they don't sound as good to me so I'm wondering what the best balance would be to get all the songs (like Tides of War, Harvest of Sorrow and Doom) without getting a version that doesn't sound as good as the 2007 release.

From my research it looks like there different versions are:
1998 original release
2007 remaster
2012-13 special edition included in A Traveler's Guide to Space and Time
2018 rerelease that has the extra songs.

Is the 2018 release based on the remixes from the 2012 version or the earlier versions?

The 2018 version is closer to the 2012 version than the 2007 version. It's a lot more compressed than the 2007 version, but I also think it has a better mix than the 2012 version. None of them are perfect, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

This band is dressed like they're about to do mocap for a 90s Mortal Kombat clone. :newlol: