Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Why have I never listened to Trivium? Random tab on UG's protab app pulled up Entrance of the Conflagration, and I bought it almost immediately I liked it so much. What else is considered 'core' for Trivium songs?

e; Google is telling me that people don't even think this song is one of their best? Oh boy I am going to enjoy this :dance:

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

QPZIL posted:

We played with them at some random poo poo-hole fest in Florida in like... 2003? Something like that? All the bands kind of mingled and had a good time, but the dudes from Trivium (who I had never even heard of) were all hanging out near their tour bus being antisocial. We tried to talk to them but they were kinda dicks to us. We had to get on the road so I didn't get a chance to see them play, but that left a bad taste in my mouth that's tainted their image for me :\

But hey, I guess part of becoming successful is acting successful, so more power to them for all they've accomplished.

I've known they were a band for a long time, I just could never be bothered to listen to their music. It doesn't surprise me that they're a bit cold towards people during fests; each band has different people. I tend to try and focus on their music rather than their behavior, although you certainly got the opposite experience. :v:

e; I just started listening to this band, why the hell am I trying to defend their actions?

You're right though, that's pretty rude of them.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Now my interest is piqued; what band do you/did you play for? I would probably read a A/T thread about that.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
There's a person who calls himself Lord Worm? :allears:

Tell me more.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Speaking of power metal, what are a couple good bands to cut my teeth on for the genre? I've listened to Iced Earth a bit and really like them, but I recently found THIS song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EryDKgGNv-0 by Edguy and holy poo poo this music owns. I think the only other power metal band I really listen to is a wierd Japanese power metal band named Versailles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fUQQCrvblA. They describe themselves as a visual kei band, which is basically the concept of the visuals being as important if not more important than the music; in a nutshell it's characterized by flamboyant costuming, lots of makeup, and androgynous aesthetics. :eng101: I'm pretty sure that every band member in that video is actually male, as wierd as it sounds. I want to expand on my collection of power metal; help me goons!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I don't mind him saying he doesn't appreciate the genres, but trying to say that they have no structure? Pffhahahahahaa what the gently caress he has to be trolling.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I already mentioned I listened to them earlier, but if anyone hasn't listened to Iced Earth, you really should, because they are pretty bitching power/thrash metal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ_EGqAgRSg Part 3 of the Something Wicked This Way Comes trilogy, skip to 1:30 if you're a pussy and can't handle piano intros to metal songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-GcSC86Tug Angel's Holocaust, Night of the Stormrider edition. Originally this song was on a earlier album, but this version cleans up a lot of their sloppy recording and the screaming in particular is much, MUCH better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy1sTePz73c Stormrider, the song that immediately comes after Angel's. If you pay attention, the beginning of this and the end of Angel's are actually connected with ambient sounds.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That just reminds me of how lackluster the new As I Lay Dying CD is. :smith:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Whoever linked Beyond Creation, thanks, their bassist is incredible.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Hulk Krogan posted:

Honestly I think another Death Magnetic-style record with more focused, pared-down songs and better production would be pretty solid. Also solos that aren't utterly abysmal, but that's a long shot at this point.

They just need to break Hammet's wah pedal and they're already halfway to a good album.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
My mind is blown that there is literally nowhere to buy a digital download of Beyond Creations "The Aura". :psyduck:

Amazon doesn't have it, iTunes doesn't have it, CDBaby doesn't have it, hell, they don't even have an official site to buy it from (although I DID find a merch store that sold a physical copy that I wasn't interested in buying over the internet).

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN4z_-R7poE

It's...beautiful. :allears:

e; not sure why it won't embed though.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
When did Megadeth put out ANOTHER album? I found Super Collider while I was walking in a Walmart and had to buy it. I thought Endgame was their most recent album. Dudes are just song machines.

Their cover of Thin Lizzy's Cold Sweat was also pretty good at the back of the disk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TbgUeRwYwI

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGh-0mF4i0k
Riot Games made an album that was released by a 'band' of dudes from their videogame. It's pretty nerdy but the instrumentation is better than it has any right to be.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Nordick posted:

Yeah, that was posted about a few pages back, and I was REALLY surprised by the quality.
If only Jörn Lande's own solo material was as good as this, because god drat that guy has a great voice.

In other news, Machinae Supremacy just announced their new album, which is coming out in late August. I am so loving stoked.

I tried to search forums for a post; curse you Search the Forums and your ineptitude! :argh:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Hey st. Anger is a pretty good album , just not a good Metallica album. :v:

Also it is very weird to read a thread about poo poo Fucker and GRIEFLOSS being discussed completely deadpan.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbzXVq9WgbY

What's the goon opinion on this band? I found them on bandcamp last week when they put out a new album, and I really dig their sound.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
toxic waltz is a great song

quote:

bonded by blood is their best album

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Mar 31, 2015

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Can we all agree that Exodus cover of Low Rider is terrible, though?

the megadeth cover of cold sweat on the other hand...

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
can't hear you too busy headbanging while this chick half my weight smokes 2 blunts at the same time in the mosh pit with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The new Battlecross album is fixing to slay