Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Hi thread. What is djent and what's the good stuff you recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Any good modern power metal recs?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Nordick posted:

Modern as in just released recently, or modern in style/sound? What are some other bands you like? Give us something to work with, here

Hi, sorry for the late reply! I liked Stratovarius, 2000s era Blind Guardian, and even a bit of Dragonforce. I guess I like them melodic and uplifting, and more on the clean vocals side. (uhhh something like JAM Project, but metal, if anyone here gets that)

I'll be going through the suggestions as well! Thanks everyone!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Ran into Visigoth when randomly looking for music. A couple of their songs seem Dark Souls-inspired, which is neat because I've been playing DS3 lately.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Does anyone have any Japanese metal band recommendations? I've been listening to Her Name In Blood, but was sad to learn that they broke up last month.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Something like Maximum the Hormone counts too, I'm not too picky. Heck I like SiM a lot, lol

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Thanks for the recs everyone! I have a lot to chew on now.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I am listening to the new Judas Priest album. I'm liking it a lot? That said I'm not really super invested in them so I don't have much in the way of expectations. What's their best work/period though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Thanks for all the responses! I do like bands with consistent good output throughout the years...