Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I'm about to see Dragged into Sunlight and I am excited about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
I dunno if any of you are going to the California Deathfest this weekend, but my friend and I will be there all three days. Hell of a lineup.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
I realize I'm late to the Blood Incantation train, but goddamn Starspawn is amazing. They put on a great show at CDF, too.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Non Serviam posted:

Rotting Christ are great. You're all very wrong.

Glad someone said it, sorry all your ears are broken

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Weaponized Cum posted:

listen to the new Wormrot asap

This singlehandedly made my workday tolerable, many thanks

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Last minute I know, but does anyone want to go to Vektor/Black Fast tomorrow in SF? I'm not going suddenly and I want to give my ticket to someone.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

BoonyPC posted:

I've been catching up on great albums from last year.

Right now Vektor is kicking my rear end, oh my god this is good space thrash gently caress.

Also dont mind Blood Incantation, Altarage and Ulcerate.

What else out there worth a listen?

Mantar - Ode to the Flame
Vermin Womb - Decline
Zhrine - Unortheta

I have to start doing proper year-end lists, I know there's some more stuff that hasn't been mentioned.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

The new Iron Reagan is pretty good.

I'd forgotten about it until yesterday. I enjoyed it.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

the yeti posted:

Yeah, times changing I think makes "loads of nazi imagery" not the easy mode edgelord move it once might have been, fixation or no.

I can assure you that it's a weird loving time being a black metalhead.

^^I've been super bad at keeping up with this year's releases but I'm listening to Boneyard now. Many thanks.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Spanish Manlove posted:

Fyi toxic holocaust was fun as hell and nails absolutely ruled. Nails looked like they were having so much fun. They played literally every song they still knew how to play and for the last song the main dude hopped in the pit and was moshing around while playing guitar.

Apparently this was the first show of the tour, I hope they keep this energy up for the rest of it. It seemed that maybe the rest of the band wasn't too keen to just keep playing songs but I'm sure the lead guy would have played guitar until he passed out.

So psyched to see them in Oakland.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Just beat me. Gonna go see them now.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

the yeti posted:

Do it. I'm still salty the toxic holocaust / nails tour didn't stop remotely near me, TH is a great live gig.

I caught them with Discharge and Eyehategod last year, whole show was amazing from beginning to end. Looking forward to it.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Nazzadan posted:

Sacred Reich, Toxic Holocaust and Gwar tonight. Then a couple days off and Ghoul, Endorphin's Lost and Impaled this weekend, I'm going to get so soaked in red poo poo.

I caught GWAR et al in SF and had a great time. I'm gonna be at Ghoul tomorrow night too so hit me up.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Nazzadan posted:

Ah lame I didn't check SA between my post and right now, hope you also had a good time at the show it ruled. I had a Necrot shirt on under a dark vest hangin out with another goon wearing a Motorheadp shirt and light vest

Yeah it ruled! I was the dweeb wearing a respirator with pink filters. My roommate decided to come out too so it was good times all round.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Finally listened to the new Hellripper and extremely enjoying the thrash recs on the past couple pages. Also, is there a discord invite floating around?

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I leave for MDF on Wednesday and I am excited like a child on xmas eve. I cannot wait to see some of these bands and act like an idiot for 5 days straight.

Eyy nice! If you see a nerd in a respirator feel free to say hey :)

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Absolutely perfect album cover, no notes

also I should have posted this before but I wanna shout out A TURGID FATSO and CRIP EATIN BREAD for supporting and documenting me proposing to my partner at MDF :black101:

goons, they're alright, sometimes

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
I will go and enjoy all of the bands imo

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Saw Rottrevore tonite, was good as hell

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Finally catching up on music again, listened to the new Phobophilic and it owns bones

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

ThePopeOfFun posted:

Power metal? Thrash? Proggy? Weird?

Xoth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4ryaAn5f9A

https://xoth.bandcamp.com/album/interdimensional-invocations

EDIT: drat I forgot how good Xoth is.

Xoth was my favorite random find from just looking through new releases on Bandcamp, hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
^^I'm a little mad it's so good.