Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

Hey. I've gotten into grindcore a lot lately, bands like Cattle Decapitation, Pig Destroyer, Napalm Death, Discordance Axis, Gridlink, and Terrorizer. Any recommendations for stuff like that? I have a preference for more of the higher pitched screeches then growls and would say Discordance Axis, Gridlink, and Pig Destroyer are my favorite of the bands I've encountered so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

The new Vektor album is filled with so many awesome riffs, one after another, all of them great. I've probably listened to it 10 times by now, and it just cements what an incredible album it is.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

I like the two new Meshuggah tracks I heard for their album that comes out soon. Reminds me of Chaosphere and the live recording gives it more energy. Any impressions of the rest of the album from people that have heard it?

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

Was really excited to hear the new Meshuggah, and it didn't disappoint. Tons of great riffs and drumming, the live recording vibe definitely feels energetic, I love the production, and it has a lot of cool creative rhythms and an overall vibe that feels like Chaosphere to me, my favourite album of theirs.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

Completely agree. Spit out the Bone and Moth Into Flame are great, but so much of the album sounds like Load/Reload. Though I think most double albums could have been snipped down to a good single one with better editing.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

There aren't really lyrical themes about the environment or animals, but Wormrot is fantastic grind from Singapore. Lots of great riffs, especially on their most recent album Voices.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

Kvlt! posted:

I love Wormrot. I saw them live recenrtly and they put on an insanely good show. By far the most high energy, agressive (in the best way) show I have ever been to so far. Music is top notch too.

Nice. Antigama, Discordance Axis, Brutal Truth, Terrorizer, and Six Brew Bantha are all fast, aggressive grindcore as well in the same vein.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

New Gatecreeper is fantastic! Strange, Beautiful, and Fast and No One Knows What The Dead Think were both welcome surprises as a long time fan of Gridlink and Discordance Axis. 2019 has been an insane year for metal releases. and there's still Nile and Cattle Decapitation in November too.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

The intro rant in Spotting A Unicorn by Today is the Day starts it off nicely.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

Yeah the new Deftones sounds a little more psychedelic so far, loving it.

Edit: Whole album is really solid and well balanced. Some of these riffs are downright ferocious like Urantia and Radiant City!

Grindcore ASMR fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 25, 2020

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

"That riff is stock!"

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

Grieving Birth was great grind. I also thought that Meth Leppard- Woke had that quality of songs being perfect, riff after riff, and just flowing throughout.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

Any other notable grindcore releases this year?

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

Thanks! Lots for me to check out that I missed.

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

New Rolo Tamassi owns. Lots of variety and range in their songwriting and an interesting new direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grindcore ASMR
Nov 28, 2015

Alien was a great album. Their second best after City I always thought.