Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
New Sonata Arctica is miles above Days of Grey because it was dogshit, but jesus what happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Exploring progressive rock has led my 60-year-old father to doom metal.

My dad is cool as heck.
My dad got me into Rush and CCR as a kid.

I got him into Dying Fetus and Finntroll. :regd10:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Got time off work to go to the summer slaughter tour. It's not a particularly awesome lineup but nothing ever comes to Knoxville.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I really like Eluvietie, Ensiferum, Wintersun, and got into Arkona afer seeing them live with Turisas, amazing loving show. Korpiklanni is cool but never really got me hooked. Tyr also is pretty badass. I think I saw Elvenking mentioned in here a few pages back and am going to check them out. Are there any other quality bands similar to Ensiferum/Wintersun out there?
How the hell did you miss Finntroll?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZxD9Ida4ws

Try out Sonata Arctica if you like Elvenking, the Ecliptica through Unia albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwYiW2ROGSY

Falkenbach is a must have also. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lFGWBNBn88

Pimpcasso fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 28, 2012

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I can listen to most of Unia. The Days Of Grays is a goddamn disaster.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Saw the Summer Slaughter tour last night and Goatwhore and Exhumed did awesome. I didn't enjoy most of the other deathcore acts, but it was enjoyable being old metal man watching the hardcore children run into each other from the balcony. The worst part of the night was some pig squealing female fronted band called Cerebral Bore. It was like watching some lame garage band that some relative you hardly know plays in.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
It's funny seeing how big Vektor has gotten. The guitarist was a goofy friendly kid that used to post stellar threads like "Gay Chicken: How far have you gone" and "Dragon Ball Z Appreciation" on another forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Saw Ghost and Skeletonwitch last night. The venue sucked for a metal show, but it worked out just fine for an old metal guy just wanting to sit in a theater and drink beer. :coal: