Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

QPZIL posted:

Reposting this here for the new thread:

My friend and I wrote a thrash song about Hurricane Irene. The storm turned out to be mostly a dud, so let the music rip your house apart instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwP70gaWYYY

But back to the thread - I agree about the new Toxic Holocaust. It rules, but it's definitely a slight style change for Mr. Grind.

edit-- And thank you all for the Noctum/Year of the Goat/Graveyard/etc. recommendations, those have been a lot of fun.

I love your stuff, count me in on whatever poo poo you got for you 666 limited edition vinyl in red goat blood print, thanks.

PS im serious, I want more stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Don't worry, I'll attempt to save it with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5aj0AZ-xg

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There is this loving sound effect played on Entombed's Clandestine between the first track, Living Dead & Sinners Bleed that I just cannot get enough of. I wish it was on all their loving songs.

Some loving wicked bell sound, check it out and you'll love it too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's perfect at keeping the pansies out of the pit so they can sing like falsetto tards.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Menhir/Odroerir, Pagan Reign, Korpiklaani, Trollfest (altho they are all over the place), umm, I am not at home right now but others will have some suggestions too.

EDIT: Tverd is also good, they are on my iPhone now, I totally forgot about them. They are the remnants of Pagan Reign.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 3, 2011

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

My list is a bit broken because Last.fm for a while was reporting I was listening to a song 1,000 times. :( But it's somewhat balanced out right now.

Overall vs Last 6 months.

vs

Not very metal, haha. A lot of the time what I listen to on the PC is just chill stuff. Also, iTunes doesn't seem to be reporting anything right now. Gotta fix that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ghost not coming to North America

quote:

Everybody,

Due to some last minute complications with our visas, we have been forced to cancel our North American tour.

We are sorry towards the other bands on the tour, Enslaved and Alcest.

And we are most of all tremendously sorry towards all of our fans.

This is truly beyond our control and we are making everything within our (His) powers to be able to come back to the US as soon as possible and perform for all of you.

Our most malicious of wishes

/A Nameless Ghoul

This was via Facebook. Complications with visa's, how does this still happen??

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

With folk metal you are looking more for traditional instruments being used heavily on all tracks.

Like this (awesome) video.

[video type=""]www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkzwpnL7lRo[/video]

Not sure why that doesn't work.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can dillinger escape plan be even called the same band? I liked all their early albums which were just chaos and stopped for a while. Coming back I hear it's some new generic loving crap. What a disappointment.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

OH gently caress! Korpiklaani and Arkona coming here? INSTANT BUY!!! :D

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Skeletonwitch going back on tour with Unearth and one other, forget who. Coming back to Winnipeg in December, check their site! :D Didn't feel like paying $45 for just them when they played with Devildriver and Arch Enemy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I don't think I "get" Anthrax, people praise them as some thrash gods but the poo poo I hear is so weak. Especially on vocals, it just takes me right out of everything. They loving suck. I prefer stuff more along the lines of Sodom, Overkill, Razor, etc.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Not a huge fan but that was alright -- he's really big on Facebook, posts all the time about his shows and offers some cool stuff from time to time.

This is probably the only thing I like of his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ES53REY9Y

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Even funnier when you realize he's 80 GODDAMN YEARS OLD HOLY loving poo poo!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Defiant Sally posted:

Wow the new Skeletonwitch album loving rules.

It's solid start to finish, they have made 3 entirely consistent albums, one of my new favorites.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

In the end they are all ripping off Danzig era Misfits, just making the guitars all heavy. I am sure before Misfits there was similar stuff, anyone know of any bands?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

attackmole posted:

Uh...Elvis?

I'm sure you know what I mean. :p About the combination of rockabilly with a more harder sound. Wiki seems to think he started it all too but that's all user edited.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

ND was here in Winnipeg tonight, I regret not going but exams... UGH. :( They were the first band I heard as a kid that were extreme, Twist the Knife Slowly is one of my most beloved songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I48hapgnt7g

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

freudorbison posted:

So uh guys, how about that new Metallica album with Lou Reed?

SPILLING BLOOD. I actually shook my head here and there, said out loud by myself, "what the gently caress...". It's such a terrible piece of poo poo. Metallica should just loving give it up or start drinking heavily again so they can make something good. gently caress them.

I never enjoyed Lou Reed so who gives a gently caress what he does.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

IRQ posted:

I held off on listening to it until tonight because I couldn't give a gently caress about Metallica and I don't know who Lou Reed is, but my god... this is probably literally the worst music I have ever heard. And while yeah I mostly listen to metal I am not particularly picky as long as music is done well. This was just... what kind of collective delusion led them to think this was good?

It's not even trashy pop music good like top 40 stuff, it's just... what the hell?

I said hey girl, take a walk on the wild side.

That's the only good thing he ever did btw.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Djent the name sounds so loving stupid, it furthers the retardation of some spergy metal fans trying to remain unique.

:witch: "That is death metal"
:saddowns: "NO MAN IT'S DJENT, YOU JUST DON'T GET IT!"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I've been on a big Obituary kick these past couple days. loving World Demise and Cause of Death have been running my poo poo in, love it. Check em out if you haven't yet or venture back to some good ol Florida style death metal.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You MIGHT hear one song pre-Clayman, not worth it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

thepitgoddess posted:

Current Flattus Maximus, of Gwar was found dead today.

No idea what this means for the current tour. This is a bummer. I met these guys ages ago at a signing and they were hilarious.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/11/03/breaking-gwar-guitarist-cory-smoot-aka-flattus-maximus-found-dead/

This loving sucks :( Saw them last year when they came thru Winnipeg. He was pretty awesome live. There is a great video of him trashing some guys house for guitar lessons.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rob Trujillo looks so loving pissed off. :lol:

What a loving disaster.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That riff 35 seconds into the song from Illogicist is ripped straight from Death. :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lordblytzkrieg posted:

Anyways, I wish Skeletonwitch had different production, more of a heavier sound I guess. They're loving awesome and I'm sure hearing them live is WAY better than the album.

My buddy was complaining about their albums sounding a bit lovely but I don't hear it. Granted I like some of my music raw and don't mind poor production. Keep in mind he works at a studio and is in a hardcore band, so he's a bit picky about sound. Seeing them live next month opening for Unearth -- hoping to meet them because 3 solid albums in a row? RARE!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gaggins posted:

Anthrax sucks.

They really do, I don't understand the hype how they are some great thrash band. They sound like loving poo poo and can kiss my rear end. Compared to the thrash bands from the bay area and overseas, they are just weak.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's a concert, go and have fun. You don't need a manual to attend social events. :p

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Saw Korpiklaani & Arkona last night, poo poo was great, loved it. Skipped the openers (Poladot Cadaver(?) & Forged in Flames). The Polkadot band today mentioned how poo poo Winnipeg is like a "dick in the rear end full of aids". Well, next time don't get booked on a tour for folk metal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoJvRGYGXQI

https://www.facebook.com/polkadotcadaver/posts/10150985085290431?notif_t=like

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, same guys as far as I know.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I am sick to death of Dimebag Darrell worship.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Misogynist posted:

I can think of the Halloween show in PA, but Type O Negative's fanbase is a shitload smaller than Pantera's (and their fans are generally unmotivated and apathetic by selection bias).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3aiM8K6D0

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just boring power metal anyways with a tinge of poo poo Dragonforce.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress my exams, missed Skeletonwitch again. :( They are doing a surprise show in MN tonight.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It was the first time I heard them, loved it although that opening vocal track was kind of cheesy.

My album of the year in metal goes to Skeletonwitch. It's loving solid and doesn't let up on every track.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Eh, the original is perfection -- this cover was unneeded.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dark Funeral just cancelled their North American tour.

http://metalassault.com/news/2012/01/16/dark-funeral-cancels-north-american-tour/

Probably visas or some poo poo again.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Morbid Florist posted:

Entombed's first albums were all produced pretty drat well and they blow the doors off the rehash poo poo being made these days

Seeing Watain will be sweet at least

Entombed's albums before Wolverine Blue's blow me away, I never gave them a chance and only in recent months did I go back for a listen. Left Hand Path loving owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

aliencowboy posted:

Speaking of Satan, there's also King Diamond North American tour dates forthcoming.

HOLY poo poo ... he better come back to Winnipeg, fucker cancelled last time cause of his back.