Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
They're bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Stoat posted:

I preferred it when the songs had video game references rather than just be flat out about games. Imagine listening to this and having a friend ask you what the song is called and having to answer 'Republic Of Gamers'.

Imagine having friends at all if you're playing Machinae Supremacy

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

homewrecker posted:

If I really enjoy Arsis's A Celebration of Guilt, what are some other essential bands/albums I should be checking out? I also really like Carcass' Necroticism... and In Flames's The Jester Race and Whoracle if that helps, but the Arsis album seems to be my favourite right now. I barely have any metal on my playlist so I'm open to any suggestions you can give me.

Arghoslent - Incorrigible Bigotry

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I don't understand the dislike of the Black Dahlia Murder in this thread.

How about a deep dislike of both?

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Dream Theater Fuckin Sucks

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Bertrand Hustle posted:

A goon friend just linked me this video, saying, "Have you seen what Japan is doing to metal?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIKqgE4BwAY

:japan:

This has been discussed ad nauseum. Assume that if your friend sent you something, it's probably already shown up here.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

het posted:

It's dumb garbage.

Yes.

Actually let's change the thread title to "Yes we've seen babymetal, no it's not cool or funny"

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
if the riffs aren't good who gives a poo poo

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Also, Time was terminally boring, so I'm not exactly amped for the sequel

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Optimum Gulps posted:

Speaking of looking for more music like specific bands, is there anyone else who sounds remotely like Anata? I've been listening to The Conductor's Departure again after forgetting about it for a few years, and I need more. They don't seem to fit with any other melodic/technical death metal band.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIqPbZ20EXI

the chasm? not quite the same, but close

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

DeusExMachinima posted:

Look at how wrong you are. You should stop being wrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntNskRZAiy4

kinda sucks.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

MrBling posted:

X-Factor is probably my favourite Iron Maiden album.

If it had been mastered properly I'm sure more people would like it. Since it's good and all.

*kisses fingers*

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
good song

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

het posted:

I don't.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
it would be cool if the breakup led to another I album

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
No Dead Congregation on the top 30?

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Vintersorg posted:

ska radio on songza is some good wake me up music :)

why, because you leap out of bed to turn it off?

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Kumbamontu posted:

I've tried 4 separate times listening to that Dead Congregation record and not once have I made it past the 2nd track.

What am I missing

well you like later period in flames and metalcore so i guess this is just not for you?

A human heart posted:

New Satan next year, will it be as good as life sentence?

that album was way better than it had any right to be, i hope it wasnt a fluke

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
here's some cool black n' roll i remembered about today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhZhYaA_wDg

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I don't know about you but I'm checking that out on Thursday.

I've never wanted to be in Baltimore on a Thursday so bad

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
sick, congrats

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
someone link me

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Vintersorg posted:

Peste Noir makes really good music
counterpoint: try to listen to L'Ordure à l'état Pur without devolving into hysterical laughter at how stupid it is

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

d0grent posted:

I like how in his analogy he unwittingly admits to not bring able to read.

Anyway I like blackened thrash and would like some more. I liked skeletonwitchs' first album but the rest sounded kind of uninspired. Any recommendations?

ravencult, desaster, midnight, deathhammer

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Hulk Krogan posted:

Anyone have recommendations for instrumental stuff similar to Tempel or Keith Merrow? Low on weedly weedly, high on riffs.

electro quarterstaff? slightly more noodly but it fits the bill

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
most albums of any sort have no business being longer than ~45 min

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Oldstench posted:

It's actually finally happened. Infester's amazing To the Depths, in Degradation has finally been re-released. Martyrdoom has it now for all you non-Trumpenvolk. Usual US distros will probably stock.

http://martyrdoom.bigcartel.com/product/infester-usa-to-the-depths-in-degradation-lp
http://martyrdoom.bigcartel.com/product/infester-usa-to-the-depths-in-degradation-cd

helll yeahhhh

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

Can anyone recommend any bands similar to Oranssi Pazuzu? Far from an expert on metal but I haven't found anything as spooky and atmospheric as these guys.

maybe Aluk Todolo if you like the krauty aspects

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
that Spell record from last year has a similar vibe as Sumerlands, thanks to fenriz for letting me know about them

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
i thought the new Medico Peste EP was pretty cool

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Nordick posted:

So, in addition to Havukruunu, I've also lately been really digging Mgla's Exercises in Futility. And I was wondering if some kind metal goons could point me towards some more black metal in a similar vein. Meaning relatively straightforward no-nonsense stuff with a bit of atmosphere, possibly some tasty riffs, and decent production instead of some lovely UG kvlt sound.

fake edit: After a bit of digging into Youtube's related videos list, Uada also seems like a pretty good example of what I'm after.

Bölzer

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Spanish Manlove posted:

I just learned that Joel Grind mastered the new Saccage album and wondered what other stuff he's helped make?

https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Joel_Grind/1093#artist_tab_misc

edit: that BAT album is good

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
the megadeth beer is actually pretty good and almost certainly the best thing dave's been involved with in the last ~20 years

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
A lot of people have been praising the new Samael despite not liking their other stuff and I'm very confused because it sounds just as corny as all the other stuff they've done in the last 20-odd years

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

joylessdivision posted:

I kinda liked this. If such a band existed and had a decent vocalist I'd probably listen to them.

the cell phones are kinda like this (not constant blasting though)

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
if you order nachtmystium merch w/in the last 2-3 years you deserve it imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

We Know Catheters posted:

Why all of the Meshuggah talk? Bill Burr was talking about seeing them live on his last podcast.

scroll up