Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

hemophilia posted:

So, the Lou Reed + Metallica abortion/thing has a new clip. No, it's not any better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho3cxShzsNE

:smithicide:

This is loving hilarious. Comedy album of the century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Bruce Boxliker posted:

Yeah it's not bad. I wouldn't put it above the first three but it's certainly a step up from the awful Crack the Skye. Nice to hear them actually trying again. Creature Lives is pretty bad though.

Is that the one with the extended keyboard intro? Because I thought they were either about to cover Pink Floyd or Steve Miller Band's "Jet Airliner".

It's not a bad album, but the lyrics are a fair bit weaker than everything before Blood Mountain. And I've seen Mastodon live enough times to know that their live vocals on this album are going to be.... probably not so good. Especially if Brent is "sick" again.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

gently caress everything forever.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

m-o-o-n posted:

It's an aimless slog.

The way Mastodon's gone remind me of how Slayer ended up.

From Reign in Blood to "The world sucks, Jesus is dumb, Satan owns. Okay, Kerry, make those squeedlee sounds with your guitar now."

From Leviathen to "Relationships give me feelings, drugs are cool. Okay, Hinds, noodle now."

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Lars Ulrich is #42 on Modern Drummer's 50 Greatest Drummers of All Time which is a totally legit list we should all respect and certainly not throw in the trash the second we see his name upon it unless it appeared in the April 1 issue of the magazine (it didn't).

In other news, 8 drummers now have a bulletproof defamation case against Modern Drummer.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

Sounds like Baroness.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

The new Mastodon song sounds like some lovely song from the end credits of an edgy anime.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

According to Mastodon's Facebook page, their new song has been relegated to Sirius XM's Octane channel rather than Liquid Metal. Octane is home to Nickelback, Seether, Puddle of Mudd, Disturbed, et al.

:rip: At least we'll always have Blood Mountain.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

So, Emporer of Bland. I think they've fully completed their descent into Shitsvegas, as is the fate of most metal bands that achieve any degree of stardom. I can't remember a single thing after "Show Yourself". It's all just a blur of aimless guitar wanking. The lyrics either sound like Ke$ha wrote them as a favor, or if a Sabbath tribute band tried to write an original song. Brann spends most of the album doing his best impression of Ozzy.

Back to Remission to wash this taste out of my mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

That new Mastodon track...oof...geez...at least the album art is neat, I guess.