Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cesaro
Oct 5, 2004

Durendal posted:

Has any one heard of Subsignal? I just found out about them and I was surprised to say the least. This is some great stuff even if it isn't that heavy. Their new album is definitely in my top 5 for 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Izjn9XJ4Y

The lead singer and guitarist are from a now defunct band called Sieges Even if that helps any one, so I guess I need to check them out next.

Thanks for this! I had no idea their album came out.

Siege's Even's The Art of Navigating by the Stars and Paramount are both in my top 10 for the past decade, so definitely check them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cesaro
Oct 5, 2004
Just found out about and promptly bought tickets to Agalloch this summer. I didn't I'd ever get to see them live.

Here's the tour listing:

Agalloch's "Serpens In Culmination” US tour posted:

5.16 - Portland, OR @ Star Theater (w/Lasher Keen, Sedan)
5.17 - Seattle, WA @ Highline (w/YOB, Wounded Giant)
5.23 - Baltimore, MD (Maryland Deathfest)
6.18 - Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock (w/Obsidian Tongue, Blood and Sun)
6.19 - Madison, WI @ High Noon (w/Obsidian Tongue)
6.20 - Chicago, IL @ Reggie's (w/Obsidian Tongue)
6.21 - Cleveland, OH @ Beachland Ballrom (w/Obsidian Tongue)
6.22 - Newport, KY @ Southgate House Revival (w/Obsidian Tongue)
6.23 - Birmingham, AL @ Bottletree (w/Vex)
6.24 - Atlanta, GA @ The Earl (w/Vex)
6.25 - Tampa, FL @ Orpheum (w/Vex)
6.26 - Savannah, GA @ Jinx (w/Vex, Blackrune)
6.27 - Raleigh, NC @ King's Barcade (w/Vex)
6.28 - Springfield, VA @ Empire (w/Vex)
6.29 - Philadelphia, PA @ Underground Arts (w/Jex Thoth)
6.30 - New York City, NY @ Irving Plaza (w/Jex Thoth)
7.01 - Boston, MA @ Brighton (w/Jex Thoth, Obsidian Tongue)
7.02 - Montreal, QC @ La Salla Rosa (w/Jex Thoth)
7.03 - Ottawa, ON @ Mavericks (w/Jex Thoth, Musk Ox)
7.04 - Toronto, ON @ Opera House (w/Jex Thoth)
7.05 - Detroit, MI @ Majestic Theater (w/Jex Thoth)
TBA - TBA
7.08 - Denver, CO - Gothic Theater

Cesaro
Oct 5, 2004

Defiant Sally posted:

Anyone who's into Dan Swano, Nightingale just released Retribution a few days ago. I would say it's better than White Darkness, probably on par with Invisible and Nightfall Overture. It's still solidly in the Prog Rock dimension so don't expect even a hint of heavy metal like there was on Witherscape.

Thanks for posting this. It's been like 7 years since (the not so great) White Darkness!