Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Femme by Force
Nov 10, 2004
Each individual sees a different reality.

Defiant Sally posted:

I have no idea if this is where Cynic goes. But Cynic used to be metal and is still loving sweet and is releasing a new album. So far, they've released...

...the title track off the album

http://www.season-of-mist.com/common/downloads/cynic/Cynic-Carbon-Based-Anatomy.mp3

I listened to it earlier and was pleased with what I heard. They've taken their songwriting into a great direction. I had stopped thinking about Cynic until listening to Gorod's cover of "Textures". It's nice to know that they (Cynic) will be putting out more material.

I'm hoping that when Opeth play in San Francisco this weekend, they'll play a varied set. If no one starts moshing, even in jest, I'll be surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Femme by Force
Nov 10, 2004

nerve posted:

new animals as leaders leaked today :swoon:

Their sound on their first album was way too dependent on -core elements. It's still quite good. Here's to hoping this new one is more enjoyable for those of us who don't enjoy -core.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Too bad it's an all mellow Opeth set.

I haven't looked at the setlist (I never do because that ruins part of the fun of going to live performances that aren't Classical or Jazz). There is still potential for mellow songs from throughout the material Opeth has put out in the last 10 years, which is varied.

Defiant Sally posted:

Also I had no idea Gorod had covered Textures. This is great.

Gorod released an EP earlier this year which features their interpretation of "Textures". Every song is quite excellent.

No one. Music isn't a competition.

Femme by Force
Nov 10, 2004

david crosby posted:

Ulcerate has announced a NA tour with Zhrine & Phobocosm. Should be sick.

Ulcerate in downtown Oakland? gently caress yes.

Femme by Force
Nov 10, 2004

funeral fag posted:

Dave's KKK adventures are way more interesting than what Trey the autist and the replacement crew come up with next. This is from a massive fan of the first three albums

Dave had a personal bodyguard with a huge Iron Cross neck tattoo removing "problem" people from the venue when I saw them in 2013. I didn't think much of it until I read your post just now.

Nordick posted:

I was introduced to this bit of Polish black metal goodness called Batushka. Supposedly the members are from some well-known bands, but their exact identities haven't been disclosed. Also it's sung in Old Church Slavonic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgfa5UlZAL8

Good poo poo.

I found this exact video a few weeks ago. It's loving bad rear end. Any recommendations for similar bands?

Femme by Force
Nov 10, 2004

Nordick posted:

I'm not very well versed in black metal tbh. But, while it's not exactly similar, the person who introduced Batushka to me loved my counter-recommendation of Havukruunu, for what it's worth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEYAv13D9s8

This is exactly what I am looking for! Thank you!

comes along bort posted:

It goes back to a show they did with Kreator where Mille had security remove some skinheads and Dave objecting. Plus a possible Hitler reference in the thanks list in Blessed Are The Sick, maybe Covenant I can't remember.

It's on Blessed are the Sick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLUWg892_LE. I don't know if he is actually a white supremacist or just hangs out with them. Either way, I wouldn't associate with him or his crew.