Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

27 years and a bunch of bands later, Symbolic is still the best death metal album

ulvir fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Behemoth is really good??? I wrote them off when I first heard thelema.6 upon release 22 years ago because I thought it sounded uninspired and dull. but I’ve been going backwards from their most recent until Demigod and pretty much every album owns so far

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Or Reign in Blood, Eternal Nightmare, Bonded by Blood, motherfucking Epidemic of Violence, Pleasure to Kill, Spectrum of Death...all better than the fourth-best Metallica album.

I was gonna post something about how german/european thrash is superior to any american thrash, but forgot that toxic holocaust and overkill are american bands

to add to metallica chat, I honestly think the title track from st. anger is a pretty decent song. the lyrics are goofy as all hell, but it sounds, I don't know, like the most sincere song hetfield has ever written. there's some real emotion there that works. the bridge is extremely catchy in a way I refused to acknowledge 20 years ago. the rest of the album is terrible, though