Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

Is there a mac port of this version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

I will work on that today and get you a mirror.

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

So with my work mac I can't get the loving game to statically link. I am going to try from home later, but I doubt it will even build with 10.7 and clang.

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

headlor posted:

Backing up whoever said getting this to compile under os x was a pain. gently caress this poo poo, I just wanna play with trains.

We just can't build an easily distributable version of it. If you come to IRC I can help you get it built.

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

The only way it would work, if underground building was super expensive.

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

Garfu posted:

I also found this from the YOGs video and I enjoy these kinds of games immensely. I've started to play but one question, why are the graphics so different (shittier) then the ones on the wiki?

The game is reverse engineered from the orginal game, you can still use the old art and sound files from it. The yogs guys were doing just that. The base game is good, but the newgrfs (think mods) really make the game.

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

PalmTreeFun posted:

Any way I can go about getting the old graphics and music and stuff? That'd be pretty great. The old music especially.

:filez: But the base free graphics for the game are close enough to the original.

pmMike posted:

Is there a mac version of your modified client floating around?

Sadly we can't statically link it, but has easy build instructions if you use macports.

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

pmMike posted:

Sorry for sounding like a bit of a dumbass, but what does that involve and where are the instructions?

i'm a dumbass

A lot of terminalfu and time. Basically the version of the game that the goons play, cannot be compiled in a way that we can easily distribute it. So to get it to run on your system you will have to build the game yourself, including the dependencies. You will have to patch the source code with the changes we are using. Then follow these instructions: http://wiki.openttd.org/Compiling_on_Mac

I would NOT recommend using homebrew or fink to compile the dependencies.

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

Node posted:

Does anyone have a savegame that has some really complicated and huge rail station designs? I'm talking high throughput stations with a dozen or so docking stations. I understand how presignals work, I just want to see what they look like in the hands of someone adept.

If path signals are enabled they are far easier to understand and tend to not jam if you use them correctly.

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

FISHMANPET posted:

Is there some trick to getting a passenger rail line with multiple stops to work? I've got a vac train line with two endpoints, and 4 stops in between. It doesn't look like passengers are boarding the correct train. When it pulls into one endpoint, there are 650 passengers waiting to go to the other endpoint, but they don't get on that train. They just get fed up until they turn into "any destination" passengers.
E: Ok, maybe it is working? I just checked that station and it's empty, so I guess they got on some train. Do I have to specify each stop along the way, or can I just set up the orders to go between endpoints and turn off the non-stop order?

When we run cargodist, I roll with a hub model. All passenger trains have two orders that are auto timetabled, one to the local station and one to the hub. This seems to work out well for me.

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

FISHMANPET posted:

• Get rid of eGRVTS. Since we're not playing in 1700 we don't need the early vehicles it provides, and I think the other sets give a pretty comprehensive set of vehicles. As it is they're just cluttering up the buy windows.
Fell free to ignore any suggestions I've made.

If we get rid of the horse and buggies how will I troll the hell out of Kilonum's bus routes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwimNurd
Oct 28, 2007

mememememe

Just let the child play with airplanes enabled. When I was 7 that let me build big train networks, hell it works now.

• Locked thread