Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001
I FUCKING WASTED 10 HOURS AND $40 TODAY. FUCK YOU FATE AND/OR FORTUNE AND/OR PROBABILITY AND/OR HEISENBURG UNCERTAINTY PRINCIPLE.

Copy/paste is awesome.

Also, does anyone else find signals to be hard to see on the OpenGFX graphics set? I like everything else about it, but standard block signals are almost invisible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001
I FUCKING WASTED 10 HOURS AND $40 TODAY. FUCK YOU FATE AND/OR FORTUNE AND/OR PROBABILITY AND/OR HEISENBURG UNCERTAINTY PRINCIPLE.

vactrains are AWESOME

edit: the tracks costs $400,000 per tile, but is totally worth it. A all-power car vactrain has like 280,000 hp (14 cars x 22,000 hp each), costs $2.5m/year to run, and accelerates from 0 to 3,199 km/h in like 2 seconds.

Wedesdo fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Dec 19, 2011

Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001

But the advantage is you only need like 5 vactrains to do the work of 40 maglevs because the vactrains are so drat fast - it's as if there's no transit time at all. This makes train management significantly easier.

Besides, look at this - behold the profit power of vactrains (I'm the white line):

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001

What happened to the server? People finally got bored?

Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001

Get back on the server, people! It's still winter break!

Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001

I'm up for a game. The copy and paste patch hasn't been updated to 1.20 though.

Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001

I just finished finals :)

Any updates on the server?

Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001

I say 1.2. The patch pack will be updated. I am playing on a 2560x1600 30 incher, and the extra zoom levels are handy.

Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001

Wedesdo Intl Transport Ltd is back in business! Thanks three.

Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001

Planes are still really cheap... Is there a "realistic flight cost" grf?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001

We're back to 1.1? :(

Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001

Is it possible to do a desert/jungle map, but keep all the industries/locomotives the same? I like the industries, etc., but a change of scenery would be nice.

Also, judging by the current game, the Town Growth Challenge is too much of a challenge.

Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001

less than three posted:

Do you mean a setting like towns requiring cargo to grow?

Yea, that. Although not having sprawling 50000 pop towns is kinda nice. Up to you, as always...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wedesdo
Jun 15, 2001

Yeah, that's what I remember too. Jungle cities will be fine.

So... can we get a server restart, tropical, mountainous?

• Locked thread