Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

less than three posted:

WHY CAN'T WE PLAY VANILLA. I DON'T LIKE CHANGE. :byodood:
  • More height levels
  • Cargo distribution
  • Automated timetable and seperation
  • Improved Build Station GUI
  • Larger maps
  • Town rating colours
  • Signals in tunnels and on bridges
  • Chunnel
  • Sprinkles
  • Programmable Signals
  • Copy and paste
  • View and click vehicles in tunnels
  • Close adjacent level crossing
  • Panorama screenshots
  • Measurement tool
  • Custom Tree line height
  • Watch other company's GUI
  • Custom tree growth
  • Departure boards + 24h clock
  • Enhanced group information
  • Partial refits
  • Infrastructure Sharing
  • Improved breakdowns
  • Traffic lights
  • Configurable desert

See you in game. :3:

Welp, I know where my night is going tonight. Shortbus Shipping shall rule all again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fazana posted:

Had a play around with how the passengers and their wanted destinations work on the current server. Would there be any disadvantage to running a huge ring system and shuttling trains stopping at each city to cover it all? Seems the easiest way to handle it from the play I had. OpenTTD experts wanted to explain how I'm a newb and "network Xyz" is preferable if that is true!

I have to ask, why has there been such a mania about upgrading trains this go round? I saw £200m of new choochoo's between Freight and Passengers in just 2 years go by just now?!

You probably saw a big jump, the 2cc trainset has some extreme jumps in train quality in the late rail / pre maglev game.

Also, I can say I'm not a fan of cargo destinations. I think my mail line caused more problems than it was worth.

Still, all worth it to help try and unfuck Tervatitty.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Peak plane is over 8 on the current server, though.

One of these days I'll rack mine back up. I like the current patch / GRF set but I want PLANES EVERYWHERE for my passengers.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Something is bugged with the pathfinding in this version. My trains all stopped up for no apparent reason - the lead train was just sitting there stuck at a signal until I told it to ignore the signal.

Edit: I think it has to do with bridge signals.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Even with that I'm running into the bug once in a while. Oh well, I'll just treat tunnels and bridges as giant un-signalable sections again :(

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I think the server just puked.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

lessthanthree did that to me, it's the downside of running anything road-based - even if you build the road, anyone else can drop rail tiles on it and take ownership of it. Really kind of ridiculous.

Also, someone needs to put this train into a newGRF, and figure out how to make any crashes involving it destroy eight tiles of surrounding vehicles / rails / buildings / whatever.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Destroy the train station, and when you rebuild it, ctrl-click it and attach it to the truck station.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Uncle Jam posted:

If you could build stations underground, this game would own.

At that point you would realistically need an interface that would let you build non-linear tunnels.

And yes, it would own SO HARD.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cargodest can be annoying as hell since it seems really hard to get cargo to change where it wants to go if you need to overhaul your network for some reason.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

less than three posted:

Yeah, it does.

But, planes have historically been limited to such a small quantity as to be effectively useless.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Willie Trombone posted:

I think it may be time for a server reset. It keeps saying "too many vehicles in game" whenever I try to make another vehicle, even though I just went and deleted over a hundred vehicles to try and free up space for new vehicles (there are only 426 vehicles left in the game, which is way lower than what the ceiling should be I'm pretty sure). Also, it's nearly 2100 anyway.

The error doesn't differentiate between vehicle types, even though the server does. Let me guess, trying to make more planes?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Zeether posted:

I've done that but I can't make it so I have a string of one way block signals, just two way.

Click on one signal until it's the one-way you want, then ctrl-click on it and drag if I remember correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It's been a drat long while since I've played and I know pathfinding is something that has been tweaked - but it seems like the way that is designed, the train is actually currently occupying the same signalled section it is trying to enter.

• Locked thread