Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.

I noticed that there are about 40,000 different trains to choose from... lots of lovely ones too.

As for network sharing, prepare for a cluster gently caress of Kirby Steams clogging up your main lines!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Seems the server is self destructing again, doesn't like the high graphics or something!

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

I would like one 'art' please

Also before the server reset the other night, it was fun to destroy entire cities with the local authority turned off:

Also, with the passwords turned off, I picked myself up a nice rich company to run with! thanks Vier!

[edit] I'm poo poo at imgur and can't link big pictures for some reason.

auzdark fucked around with this message at Sep 4, 2011 around 08:43

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Shogunner posted:

Would I be a lameass jerk douche if I came in and did Airline Industry only? I find trains to be a horrible hassle.

Massive train networks are the point of the game! Airlines are way too easy, however lessthanthree usually jacks the costing of everything air related so it's sometimes not worth it.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

I never build water craft, it was all Vier... I probably never should have let him back in the company either... all I was doing was fixing massive traffic jams everywhere and trying to organise new trains with NO LISTS.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Someone being a jerk before a reset, this time in reverse...

also extra Vier is a slut town!

http://imgur.com/f4BcY

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

It's pretty close to vanillia at the moment, just with shared networks, extra busses and expenses jacked up.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Tiler Kiwi posted:

What is the deal with airports and airplanes?

Just played a game with a couple of pals and we all tried setting up airplane routes, using City airports. And ended up with something like a 95% crash rate on the suckers. I tried different methods of routing the planes, leveling all the terrain around the airport, all the different planes, and despite all my efforts and research, nothing could stem the inevitable tide of tangled metal and death into each one of our airports. Even tried cracking out Small airports, and still every single plane would crash and burn.

There has to be some vital step we all missed, but there is precious little that a player can gently caress around with when it comes to mastering flight.

Something tells me that a point you might have missed in the thread was about how the train and bus networks are the main factors of the game and airports = free money, so various 'handicaps' have been put in place to help level the game out in some sort of regard.
Trains are rad : D

auzdark fucked around with this message at Dec 10, 2011 around 07:43

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

I popped in to see what was going on, set up a small Passenger turn around - those vac-trains look loving awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Looks like they're going for multiplayer in Cities in Motion 2 Electric Boogaloo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4iDevwAcOg

I do have to say, I only played the first one until I found the winning formula then all the game was was adjusting ticket prices to keep people happy :/

Probably wont touch OpentTTD though!

• Locked thread