Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

less than three posted:

also, holy gently caress the programmable signals are the most :spergin: thing ever.

I read the thread about it on the OpenTTD forums, and I can't even wrap my head around the why of it all, let alone the how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

The server seems pretty unstable at the moment, every time it saves there's a chance of getting booted.

Coincidentally, things were fine until somebody started loving around with hovercrafts.

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

I was working on converting Soylent Green to MagLev, but I now get booted after 30 seconds or so, so gently caress that. If anyone wants it, it's yours (it wasn't even mine anyway :v: ).

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

Are the signals smaller than they used to be? With regular signals, the actual light part of the signals if like half a pixel, they're very hard to see.

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

Pro-tip for the new industry set: Don't base your entire company around shipping milk :negative:

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

Dear OpenTTD thread, what the hell is this crap?

Both trains have been converted to Engineering Supplies, and both just sit there, ignoring all the loving Engineering Supplier they're supposed to load. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

Fazana posted:

At risk of you shouting in return, are you 100% sure you refitted them to engineering supplies? Those wagons look more like the coal/ore type wagons and on the map before this one my engineering supply wagons were the flatbed type. Just double checking...

100.1% sure, I even cloned them from another train that did load those supplies without any problems.

I just logged in to see how things were going, and it looks like they are loading now (though I'm not sure if it fixed itself or if El Diabolico fixed it), but now I see trains sitting at 100% load on a full load for a long time before finally taking off.

Could it be that the trains are actually slightly larger than the station? The trains are of length 7.0, just like the station, but maybe their length is actually 7.05 or something. I seem to remember that loading trains longer than their station results in glacial loading speeds, which may explain a thing or two.

• Locked thread