Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TJP
-sucks
-does flips
Ricochet
-bad boyfriend
-does flips

kind of a wash, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sooooo ... Teddy thinks he invented the springboard dropkick?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I hope WWE continues to pay TJP to never wrestle or be on TV.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Spellbinder Billy

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

TJP's the kind of dude who believes everything he's ever thought is original and brilliant.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love weirdo wrestlers

https://twitter.com/TheDonovanAllen/status/1097759839533613056

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Dont trust anybody that likes chiptunes

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

DarkstarIV posted:

I will link some tweets later but TJP is throwing a massive fit on Twitter about how Ricochet stole his spot on the main roster and also stole TJP's moves.

https://twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1097676158093672450?s=19

https://twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1097720593091358725?s=19

He just found out other guys also were Suicide

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Midnightghoul posted:

Dont trust anybody that likes chiptunes

does that include liking midi files from the mid to late 90s before people started jacking it about the term chip tune. if so, what about comically bad midis created for your favorite games? i would like to share this with my friends here, something very old that i have enjoyed for decades. Lychee Shadow

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tjp is also a bad boyfriend who told his girlfriend she shouldnt wrestle like men

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TJP sucks lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuE8wdDl0Bm/

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Aleister has a surprisingly good sense of humor and humility for someone who looks like he takes himself so serious in the ring. I'm hope third time's the charm after Punk and Graves have loving imploded.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Did Punk do something since he failed at MMA that would count as imploding?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Suing his best friend?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aesop Poprock posted:

Demanded Colt Cabana pay legal costs he could in no way afford after assuring him he'd take care of him.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Demanded Colt Cabana pay legal costs he could in no way afford after assuring him he'd take care of him.

After Colt gave him a platform to tell his side of a story and had nothing to do with the things that caused the lawsuit other than being the host of the podcast Punk said dumb poo poo on

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

Suing his best friend?

other way around but yeah he left colt out to dry after promising he'd take care of him

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I still don’t see how “Punk paid a lot of money for the Amman trial legal defense and then stopped covering it after a while” makes him some sort of huge rear end in a top hat just because he made some promise to cover legal fees of an unknown amount

They obviously had some sort of falling out after he had already covered hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees. I’d say he did his part in a lovely situation

Tomahawk fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 20, 2019

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Tomahawk posted:

I still don’t see how “Punk paid a lot of money for the Amman trial legal defense and then stopped covering it after a while” makes him some sort of huge rear end in a top hat just because he made some promise to cover legal fees of an unknown amount

They obviously had some sort of falling out after he had already covered hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees. I’d say he did his part in a lovely situation
When you're the reason your friend is getting sued because you slandered a doctor on his podcast, and then you promise said friend you'll make good by paying the legal fees, yes, it does make you an rear end in a top hat to suddenly change your mind when you have millions and your friend, who would not be in any trouble were it not for you, does not.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Tomahawk posted:

I still don’t see how “Punk paid a lot of money for the Amman trial legal defense and then stopped covering it after a while” makes him some sort of rear end in a top hat just because he made some promise to cover legal fees of an unknown amount
Colt was basically just a platform for Punk, a journalist basically giving an interview but Colt still got roped into the legal bullshit that was just meant to drain CM Punk and it worked, even though they didn't win the lawsuit. It was a good gesture by Punk to cover his friend's court costs because he was pretty much just a third party platform and then went back on it and demanded Colt pay up despite Colt not having nearly as much money as Punk had made.

The lawsuit is just a classic cooperate vs victim lawsuit where the point isn't to win a settlement, just emotionally and financially drain their opponents because they still have a nearly infinite resource of money and can stall or go long enough for their opponent to just quit. Punk might not have been financially drained but he definitely was emotionally drained and he turned on his best friend of many, many years because of it. It's still a win for WWE even though the case was thrown out

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

LividLiquid posted:

When you're the reason your friend is getting sued because you slandered a doctor on his podcast, and then you promise said friend you'll make good by paying the legal fees, yes, it does make you an rear end in a top hat to suddenly change your mind when you have millions and your friend, who would not be in any trouble were it not for you, does not.

I didn’t realize Punk forced Cabana to have him on, let Punk talk about his time in WWE, then edit the episode, and then publish the episode.

It was a bad situation for both of them to be in

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Yeah I mean Punk only ditched Cabana with like 250k in legal fees that he said he'd cover but that doesn't make him an rear end in a top hat.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Blank Check starring Colt Cabana

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Punk is a victim too, but Colt is the only truly innocent one here. Punk could still do another MMA fight and make more than enough to pay Colt's legal fees, I'm not sure if Colt breaks 100k a year.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The really lovely part is that Punk convinced Cabana to fight the lawsuit and told him he's be covered and they would work with Punk's attorney. If Cabana had taken down the podcast when WWE demanded it they most likely would never of gone to court. Punk then had some falling out with Cabana after Cabana did him the favor of the podcast and helping him fight the legal battle.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Like I’m sure CM Punk banked a few million during his WWE run but for someone who is mostly unemployed, a half a million is probably a large percentage of however much he had left from his run.

He’s obviously not broke but I don’t think he was in any position to spend unlimited cash like WWE was doing to gently caress them both over

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Gumball Gumption posted:

The really lovely part is that Punk convinced Cabana to fight the lawsuit and told him he's be covered and they would work with Punk's attorney. If Cabana had taken down the podcast when WWE demanded it they most likely would never of gone to court. Punk then had some falling out with Cabana after Cabana did him the favor of the podcast and helping him fight the legal battle.

Well both of them are really loving stupid if they were ever in a position to avoid the lawsuit once the threat was established

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He should of thought of that before telling Colt he was covered and convincing him to fight a legal battle he had no real stake in outside of helping his friend. :shrug:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Tomahawk posted:

Well both of them are really loving stupid if they were ever in a position to avoid the lawsuit once the threat was established
He got fired on his wedding day out of spite from WWE, do you think he's going to just shrug off being bullied at that point

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
People work real hard to make Punk out to be The Worst Man In The World when he's really just kind of a stubborn dork. There's an overflowing abundance of racists, tremendous assholes, and worse in wrestling already, in terms of bad things done by wrestlers Punk probably doesn't even crack the top 50. I for one am glad he tricked Dana White out of a shitload of money and is finally out of that totally bullshit lawsuit. The villains here are WWE, don't crab mentality a dude who was the victim even if he is a dick.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Punk/Cabana stuff seemed ugly and I'm sure Punk has some rear end in a top hat responsibility because he's always been an rear end in a top hat. But yeah, I always saw it more as them both being victims of WWE and the evil loving corporate legal poo poo that's all about using the legal system to break people down until they just give in or turn on each other out of self survival. I don't know what Punk's finances are like and how much it would or wouldn't have hurt him to follow through on helping Colt. Again, I have no doubt that Punk probably was an rear end in a top hat in some way because he almost always was and it sucks to see one of his few long standing relationships fall apart. But like, yeah. The villain of that story is still WWE from my perspective.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

People work real hard to make Punk out to be The Worst Man In The World when he's really just kind of a stubborn dork. There's an overflowing abundance of racists, tremendous assholes, and worse in wrestling already, in terms of bad things done by wrestlers Punk probably doesn't even crack the top 50. I for one am glad he tricked Dana White out of a shitload of money and is finally out of that totally bullshit lawsuit. The villains here are WWE, don't crab mentality a dude who was the victim even if he is a dick.
literally no-one has said Punk is the worst, just that it was real lovely to leave his lifelong friend financially crippled

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You're only allowed to talk about things in the top 10 of their category, regardless of interest. if you would like to chat About cm punk then you have to leave it to worst fighters ever and maybe worst elbow drops

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Tomahawk is a bootlicker

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lmao at defending CM "extremely mad and bitter baby" Punk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Let's get back to posting Wrestlers on Social Media, thanks.

I like Ciampa and Gargano's differing takes on Valentine's Day

https://twitter.com/JohnnyGargano/status/1096258082269810689

https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/1096404717062811649

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ciampa hosed and cummed in the belt

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1098117019172368384?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

:vince: