Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like how Kevin Nash oscillates between being cool as gently caress and a giant piece of poo poo. Most people his age get stuck in one or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Big Sexy is a land of contrast

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1232590007585533954

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

drat that's one lucky penpal

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1232730665843613696?s=19

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/janelababy/status/1232729284122435587?s=21

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wrong thread

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

It's a wrestler on social media. Sue me.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dont besmirch Tiffany like that

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

we got a whole thread for that kinda content

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Joey Janela is right

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/LocalSoundwave/status/1232756422645030912

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Beginning to think Chris's issue is less "holds ugly beliefs" and more "severely lacks self awareness " because I can't imagine a CHUD going to bat for Nyla.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Beginning to think Chris's issue is less "holds ugly beliefs" and more "severely lacks self awareness " because I can't imagine a CHUD going to bat for Nyla.

yeah guys like Jericho and Omega aren't terrible people, they're just not as aware of dumb poo poo like hanging with a youtuber and not realizing they're a dipshit or hosting dumb flat earth fuckers on a podcast. Jericho's never been Jack Swagger levels of chud.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hager's always repeated what he's been told. That's why Vince liked him so much. Getting him exposed to people he's supposed to dislike(because a podcast or whatever told him) is sufficient

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Chris Jericho is dumb as hell, but appears to be capable of learning

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

He's like most people: Has no actual political ideology and doesn't spend much time thinking about things on a structural level. If the Canadian education system is anything like ours, then this is deliberately instilled into children. Combine that with being a rich white dude who probably had a comfortable upbringing, and his latent assumptions about the world are gonna tilt a bit further to the right than the average person who doesn't put any real brainpower into politics.

But because his basic sense of empathy still works, his mind can be changed, and that's good.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

Puts him above a large % of wrestlers

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

seems to be true of Ospreay as well

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

DLC Inc posted:

yeah guys like Jericho and Omega aren't terrible people, they're just not as aware of dumb poo poo like hanging with a youtuber and not realizing they're a dipshit or hosting dumb flat earth fuckers on a podcast. Jericho's never been Jack Swagger levels of chud.

Jeircho's never heard of this...Donald Trump Jr. guy. Who'd he ever beat?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

inthesto posted:

He's like most people: Has no actual political ideology and doesn't spend much time thinking about things on a structural level. If the Canadian education system is anything like ours, then this is deliberately instilled into children. Combine that with being a rich white dude who probably had a comfortable upbringing, and his latent assumptions about the world are gonna tilt a bit further to the right than the average person who doesn't put any real brainpower into politics.

But because his basic sense of empathy still works, his mind can be changed, and that's good.

I remember he mentioned some Canadian ‘joke’ radio station once which was actually some racist as gently caress put down of First Nations people. I asked him on Twitter if he meant Brocket 99 and he said yeah. I was surprised but when I had listened to it as a kid in Manitoba it didn’t seem racist to me the way we were indoctrinated with racism. I doubt he was going off more than a memory but it was disappointing. This was over 5 years ago so hopefully he’d recognize it as it is these days.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Poor Martina had her heart broken

https://twitter.com/mothfromdaflats/status/1232778450018164739?s=19

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Chuds love the minorities they know. They're "one of the good ones."

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There's also an even chance he's just carnie enough to know how to play every side for popularity points.

It makes sense that a GOAT candidate in the carniest business on the planet would be able to pull that off.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

coconono posted:

we got a whole thread for that kinda content

petition to rename that thread "the cornhole"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

oh but seriously I posted:

petition to rename that thread "the cornhole"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1232818377007104001
https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1232819273640247296

A drama in two acts

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ThisBrodieLee/status/1232654372561182721?s=20

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
He's gonna try

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

I've never thought any different, Jericho thinks that he can't be an alcoholic because he doesn't drink brown liquor, he's dumb as a post about anything that isn't wrestling but at least he's trying. Hopefully he gets better as he gets continued exposure and education.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

hes joe rogan but with brain damage from wrestling as well, not just from drugs

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

quite stretched out posted:

hes joe rogan but with brain damage from wrestling as well, not just from drugs

To be fair Joe Rogan also has brain damage from kickboxing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was cool when joe rogan couldn't conceptualize the idea of a billion

like that kids in the hall sketch. it's the highest number

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On Chris Jericho:

Just because you aren't burning crosses whilst dressed in a bedsheet doesn't mean you can't be a racist.

Just because you aren't actively misgendering your friends/workmates and spouting :biotruths: doesn't mean you aren't transphobic.

Yes, most of his CHUDdy and transphobic etc. views remarks come about from stupidity and ignorance rather than malice. And yes, he does seem to be willing and able to learn and change. And he does seem like a decent enough bloke from all accounts.

But defending a friend and co-worker by calling her by her real pronoun is not something to be praised and lauded. It is the bare minimum of decency. So good on him for doing that, but let's not get ahead of ourselves in proclaiming him Captain Woke.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Is anybody doing that? The vast majority of the reaction here has been "He is one dumb motherfucker but it seems like he can be taught once in a while"

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Chris is probably the type of person who's ok with transgender people as long as he doesn't have to share bathrooms with them.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

On Chris Jericho:

Just because you aren't burning crosses whilst dressed in a bedsheet doesn't mean you can't be a racist.

Just because you aren't actively misgendering your friends/workmates and spouting :biotruths: doesn't mean you aren't transphobic.

Yes, most of his CHUDdy and transphobic etc. views remarks come about from stupidity and ignorance rather than malice. And yes, he does seem to be willing and able to learn and change. And he does seem like a decent enough bloke from all accounts.

But defending a friend and co-worker by calling her by her real pronoun is not something to be praised and lauded. It is the bare minimum of decency. So good on him for doing that, but let's not get ahead of ourselves in proclaiming him Captain Woke.

No one is calling him woke. Most people are saying that he is an idiot who sometimes falls rear end backwards into a good opinion.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

flashy_mcflash posted:

No one is calling him woke. Most people are saying that he is an idiot who sometimes falls rear end backwards into a good opinion.

Let them get their spots in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
jericho probably means well but is incredibly dumb and incredibly drunk