Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What the gently caress

It was posted yesterday before NXT aired, the implication being that he would win the title without a contract and leave like Punk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

instead he took a pay cut.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tato posted:

It was posted yesterday before NXT aired, the implication being that he would win the title without a contract and leave like Punk.

Instead he looked like a total loser and came crawling back, like Punk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I wonder what the average calorie difference between a Mcdonalds US meal and a Mcdonalds Japan meal is, I know people that have gone to Japan and the ones that went to Mcdonalds all mentioned how much smaller the portion sizes are.

Apparently the pro move is getting food from 7/11, though, they apparently have actual decent food there.

Another place to get good food in Japan is literally everywhere, because they have really loving delicious food everywhere.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Jerusalem posted:

Another place to get good food in Japan is literally everywhere, because they have really loving delicious food everywhere.

God yes, I miss the food in Japan so much. Little mom-and-pop restaurants on every corner, hand-made lunches made fresh every day on insane discounts after 5pm at the grocery stores, fast food as good as a chain restaurant meal for as cheap as a burger...

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1268708746836008960?s=19

It's really loving surreal watching cops murder people in Broad daylight and then sandwiched between all that is a post of Cody perving on his wife's boobs.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1268708746836008960?s=19

It's really loving surreal watching cops murder people in Broad daylight and then sandwiched between all that is a post of Cody perving on his wife's boobs.

gently caress a police's wife

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Is Ribera Steakhouse the only place you can't get delicious food?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

We know from BTE there's also at least TGIF

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
You can just buy those Toru Yano curry soups and eat them in your capsule

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Wrestler-adjacent, but Chris Hyatte has passed away :(

https://twitter.com/hyatteliveson/status/1268702279365996546?s=21

About 93% of his old material was recently archived by a fan at http://hyattecentral.com (assume a disclaimer for some turn-of-the-century edginess and what that often entails)

The only internet wrestling guy I’ve ever considered “appointment reading.” Heck my first time really participating on message boards was from following him to 411wrestling.com. RIP :smith:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Minidust posted:

Wrestler-adjacent, but Chris Hyatte has passed away :(

https://twitter.com/hyatteliveson/status/1268702279365996546?s=21

About 93% of his old material was recently archived by a fan at http://hyattecentral.com (assume a disclaimer for some turn-of-the-century edginess and what that often entails)

The only internet wrestling guy I’ve ever considered “appointment reading.” Heck my first time really participating on message boards was from following him to 411wrestling.com. RIP :smith:

I used to read the mop ups even before we got WCW in Canada so they were great reading. They'd be over 10 pages and I'd still read both Raw and Nitro every week. That and Wu were essential in making me such a big fan back in the day.

RIP Chris, you rocked.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1268808083662188544?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBBuMTZHCv-/?igshid=gn1hvc4x66nz

whaaaaaaaaaaa

Toni Storm and The Juice?!

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Still rockin the Zubaz in TYOOL 2020. Respect.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Its a pandemic who wants to wear a belt zubaz are making a come back

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Juicewith Toni kinda rules

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Toni was married already. Not that its any of my business who she's kissin.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Richter Scabies posted:

Juicewith Toni kinda rules

I wouldn't mind seeing both of them in AEW someday :)

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

coconono posted:

I thought Toni was married already. Not that its any of my business who she's kissin.

I thought she had an off/on again relationship with Tyler Bate. Then again, it isn't my business either.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Richter Scabies posted:

I thought she had an off/on again relationship with Tyler Bate. Then again, it isn't my business either.

What I really wanna know is how Juice got there. I thought he lived full time in Japan.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I was expecting Juvi and came out disappointed

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

coconono posted:

What I really wanna know is how Juice got there. I thought he lived full time in Japan.

He took a ferry. Took about four months.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's scientific fact that if there is an attractive single lady out there Juice will find his way to her bedroom.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

“single” yeah right, juice extremely has the look of someone constantly on the prowl for bored military wives

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

“single” yeah right, juice extremely has the look of someone constantly on the prowl for bored military wives

This is an entirely separate field of Juiceology!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

what?! it was incredible when I went; everyone I was with immediately dug in on their but I waited a minute then flipped it over and the wildly hot cast iron had it at a perfect medium rare in a jiffy.
I also got the smallest one available since my body was roughly 70% Strong Zero by that point of the night.

Jerusalem posted:

the little convenience store right across the square from my hotel in Shinjuku had better food than the town I'm from; goddamn do I miss it.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 5, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Juice at the ticketing counter "you've seen her, right?" and the ticket counter guy going oh yeah hubba hubba and they exchange high fives before giving Juice a free plane ticket.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

the escape goat posted:

what?! it was incredible when I went; everyone I was with immediately dug in on their but I waited a minute then flipped it over and the wildly hot cast iron had it at a perfect medium rare in a jiffy.
I also got the smallest one available since my body was roughly 70% Strong Zero by that point of the night.

the little convenience store right across the square from my hotel in Shinjuku had better food than the town I'm from; goddamn do I miss it.

Yeah I thought Ribera was good too. It’s not high quality steak but it pretty good for the price.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

the escape goat posted:

I can't begin to tell you how much I miss getting onigiri from Lawson every morning and just chilling out in bed drinking coffee while watching game shows and those weird reaction shows. The AirBnb we stayed at was directly above a Lawson and it was so nice to get actual good food from a convenience store whenever we wanted it.

Man, I miss Tokyo.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I wish I hadn’t wasted time in a Tokyo being wrecked by jet lag. I’ll know for again to spend the first 3-4 days of a Japan trip just chilling out on the shinkansen and watching the world go by, then spend the second week in Tokyo

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I can't begin to tell you how much I miss getting onigiri from Lawson every morning and just chilling out in bed drinking coffee while watching game shows and those weird reaction shows. The AirBnb we stayed at was directly above a Lawson and it was so nice to get actual good food from a convenience store whenever we wanted it.

Man, I miss Tokyo.

gently caress yeah man

I want to go :(

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
I miss getting drunk in tokyo yakitori and all these restauranta being tiny basements of deliciousness.

I need ichiran now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I miss being in crowded basements and yelling

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

jesus WEP posted:

I wish I hadn’t wasted time in a Tokyo being wrecked by jet lag. I’ll know for again to spend the first 3-4 days of a Japan trip just chilling out on the shinkansen and watching the world go by, then spend the second week in Tokyo

We didn't get hit by jetlag until we got back home - I think what helped us was that we got into Tokyo in the afternoon so we could just stay up to our normal time of 10-11pm and then get a full night's sleep. I think if we arrived in the morning or late at night we'd have been more wrecked.

After we got back in the states, though, I was falling asleep for a couple hours every day after work for a couple of weeks. Completely worth it, though.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I was going to finally do the tokyo trip as part of my 30th birthday. It feels small and tiny now compared to everything else going on this year but it also sucks to miss that.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

We didn't get hit by jetlag until we got back home - I think what helped us was that we got into Tokyo in the afternoon so we could just stay up to our normal time of 10-11pm and then get a full night's sleep. I think if we arrived in the morning or late at night we'd have been more wrecked.

After we got back in the states, though, I was falling asleep for a couple hours every day after work for a couple of weeks. Completely worth it, though.
Jet lag is always worse going forward through timezones than backwards. Any time I’ve been to the states it doesn’t bother me at all, just stay up as late as you can and you adjust real quick. But going the other way sucks - it’s 4am and my body’s telling me it’s time for dinner wtf

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LSD is the only known jet lag cure

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/neutralwres/status/1268991350965440521?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

The UK is like the only country in the world without a travel ban or quarantine for incoming travelers lol