Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

So we’re just walking past the self-own that Corey skipped out on his child’s birth to wrestle?

Not to sound like I approve but I bet he's far from the first wrestler to do this and won't be the last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'd also be shocked if it was 100% a choice.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'd also be shocked if it was 100% a choice.
Yeah iirc he really needed money at the time to provide for his family.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

fatherofmustard posted:

Punk works for an evil mega-corporation too.

Surely not for much longer.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/iamjondraper/status/1005655601844752384?s=21

Edit:

https://twitter.com/joenumbas/status/1005679787426410497?s=21

https://twitter.com/joenumbas/status/1005690897324011520?s=21

I don’t think Corey’s tweets are going over well with the audience.

Then again WWE has billions now so he doesn’t have to.

Edit again:

https://twitter.com/iamjondraper/status/1005654191442923520?s=21

I’m sorry but these two are making me chuckle a little.

fart blood fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 10, 2018

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Okay, Corey is being a dick but he's a good announcer, my dude, at least stick to facts like that Jon Draper guy. He most def got all his tattoos in one day.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I like Corey as a color guy but I've heard and read people compare him to Bobby Heenan and uh no.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I haven’t watched in ever and he seemed decent for what WWE does with their announce spots.

Sam Adonis is much better at the business tho.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

coconono posted:

I haven’t watched in ever and he seemed decent for what WWE does with their announce spots.

Sam Adonis is much better at the business tho.
They both have good drives, like Corey after his concussions started mounting was starting to ask to do a bunch of stuff in production/producing at NXT shows so he could at least get some experience and make himself useful in other ways.

Sam also does that and works a lot in getting acting gigs in Mexico and working in producing English content for CMLL

What's funny is Corey himself will say that Sam is better than him as a wrestler/performer.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Sam actually got a pro-Trump gimmick over instead of go-away heat, so this checks out.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

fart blood posted:

I like Corey as a color guy but I've heard and read people compare him to Bobby Heenan and uh no.

He's about the same amount better than Cole or Otunga as Heenan was better than Gorilla, but that's the most damning with faint praise thing I've ever said about anyone.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I liked his "I bet you like Kenny Omega" as an insult.

Like Ronald McDonald calling you a Kobe beef eater.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

I liked his "I bet you like Kenny Omega" as an insult.

Like Ronald McDonald calling you a Kobe beef eater.

I thought Kobe beef was complete bullshit.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

fart blood posted:

No he and Shaq really had a falling out.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can get why Corey’s mad. Punk and Kofi were like best friends and Kofi’s openly made statements about not really talking to him at all anymore.

I would be mad too if someone thought my friendship with them was so meaningless to me that I would stooge them out to my boss. I wouldn’t pull a Graves, but I’d be mad.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
melting down online about just about anything is funny as hell, imo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tell you what. i linked the wrong thing, thinking it was soemthing else. So now this post is better than it would have been; the way it was conceived from my brain is a lot worse than just not anything At all. You might say nice meltdown.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jun 10, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

double post

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1005883294771286017

Only registered members can see post attachments!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Frasier pain

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think from his behavior and quickness to :sever: relationships from environments that were toxic for him punk probably does suffer from some kind of anxiety disorder which is steeped into paranoia. we saw a lot of the same personality traits from ronda during her mma career and the way they both handle defeat probably is rooted in said anxiety and an inability to cope or deal with it, so the next best thing they can do is try and move past it and separate themselves from positions where they'd have to face it.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Oh yes, it has been confirmed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U_BUFd8Tbw

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

fart blood posted:

outside of Japan it is

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

I mean at the end of the day punk has the right to choose who he stays in contact with after working in a toxic environment. He's not obligated to be friends with anyone and I suspect he was never as good of friends as graves thought they were. For graves to make it so public comes off as more petty in my opinion.

That doesn't mean he's not kinda a piece of poo poo in his own right (which he is). I won't go into it here but someone I was very close to for quite a long time had a very CM Punk-ish attitude about this kind of thing and like, can Punk live his life how he wants to? Yes. Is Graves choosing a really bad look? Yes. But also CM Punk is a legitimate dickhead.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Corey's real first name is Matthew and he considers himself a punk. his real last name starts with a P as well, just like the word punk. pretty interesting.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i want corey graves to fist sight CM punk i am p sure he has like a 70% chance of winning just by showing up

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

MotU posted:

i want corey graves to fist sight CM punk i am p sure he has like a 70% chance of winning just by showing up

corey's neck would pop like a rock em sock em robot

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That doesn't mean he's not kinda a piece of poo poo in his own right (which he is). I won't go into it here but someone I was very close to for quite a long time had a very CM Punk-ish attitude about this kind of thing and like, can Punk live his life how he wants to? Yes. Is Graves choosing a really bad look? Yes. But also CM Punk is a legitimate dickhead.

Graves has every right to be upset but broadcasting it out to the world is really lovely and immature.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And btw for those who say "Yeah but his upbringing!" Yeah that makes it more understandable but if Punk didn't have his head so far up his own rear end, he could also like, y'know, look inward and decide to work on cultivating a more healthy attitude about relationships.

That said Graves is a hypocrite and Punk not wanting anything to do with WWE as a corporation is 100% understandable.

The_Rob posted:

Graves has every right to be upset but broadcasting it out to the world is really lovely and immature.

Agreed.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

"World Wrestling Federation's New Day?"

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

dsriggs posted:

I had a chuckle good way to avoid copyright.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They better bring Kota so he can moonsault off an E3 stage!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

And btw for those who say "Yeah but his upbringing!" Yeah that makes it more understandable but if Punk didn't have his head so far up his own rear end, he could also like, y'know, look inward and decide to work on cultivating a more healthy attitude about relationships.

That said Graves is a hypocrite and Punk not wanting anything to do with WWE as a corporation is 100% understandable.

Agreed.

i mean i mentioned it before but im pretty sure the guy suffers from mental illnesses that make maintaining relationships difficult for him.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i mean i mentioned it before but im pretty sure the guy suffers from mental illnesses that make maintaining relationships difficult for him.

Literally not an excuse. So does the person I mentioned who I know and mental illness or not she's kinda terrible as is Punk and leaning on the mental illness too hard does a huge disservice to people with mental illness who genuinely try and struggle with their poo poo rather than kinda just being prisoners to it.

It's also like the people I know in the disability advocacy community who are bitter assholes or socially inept and literally hide behind their disabilities despite being genuine assholes and it's like gently caress you.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Before his departure from WWE his father's, father's alcoholism and a separated family was a really formative event in his life. It was used a lot in his art and referred in conversation in interviews/shoot interviews.

It is easily observed that trust and relationships are a big issue for him.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Also Punk is clearly Burnard The Business Bear

https://twitter.com/TheBrandiRhodes/status/1005447416093593601

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

cm punk has done nothing wrong and sometimes you gotta walk away from your past life

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rovert posted:

Before his departure from WWE his father's, father's alcoholism and a separated family was a really formative event in his life. It was used a lot in his art and referred in conversation in interviews/shoot interviews.

It is easily observed that trust and relationships are a big issue for him.

Yeah this has sort of been a big part of his work since the early days. Remember the Raven feud, anyone?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Literally not an excuse. So does the person I mentioned who I know and mental illness or not she's kinda terrible as is Punk and leaning on the mental illness too hard does a huge disservice to people with mental illness who genuinely try and struggle with their poo poo rather than kinda just being prisoners to it.

It's also like the people I know in the disability advocacy community who are bitter assholes or socially inept and literally hide behind their disabilities despite being genuine assholes and it's like gently caress you.

I agree completely, I'm mentally ill and that's not great but it's not an excuse for me to treat people like poo poo. It may help in understanding Punk but it doesn't justify his actions.

Also check your PMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

dsriggs posted:

I like Matt using the Golden Elite name, like Kota's just gonna be hanging out, fetching them Gatorades between matches.