Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I mean, he liked this tweet so I guess that's like an internet clue or something.

https://twitter.com/Benris84/status/1042441955333033985

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Hey Maria here's the T your boyfriend's still a Nazi

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

MrBling posted:

I mean, he liked this tweet so I guess that's like an internet clue or something.

https://twitter.com/Benris84/status/1042441955333033985
Hmmm, we might have to hire one of them internet detectives to figure this one out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/REALEthanHD/status/1042121158022193152

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/KillEFFY/status/1042521231625474048

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1040791013516668928

https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1040831047938842624

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Is EFFY the guy who chokeslammed Izzy?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Smart move by Rey

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn70gCIAoAc

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Something so depressing about seeing wrestlers kids training

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
The ladder match for the custody of him was in 2005. :corsair:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

frankenfreak posted:

The ladder match for the custody of him was in 2005. :corsair:

Eddie :smith:

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Who's going to be the first person to book a ladder match on the indies where whoever wins gets to be Dominic's tag team partner

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Your Parents posted:

Who's going to be the first person to book a ladder match on the indies where whoever wins gets to be Dominic's tag team partner

Black Label Pro's booking alarm just went off

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/NickJacksonYB/status/1042791952083611648

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol remember when TNA had literally every next big thing on its roster for the past fifteen years and they kept treating them like poo poo because a B-player in the attitude era felt disrespected in the job they openly treated with contempt?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lol remember when TNA had literally every next big thing on its roster for the past fifteen years and they kept treating them like poo poo because a B-player in the attitude era felt disrespected in the job they openly treated with contempt?

In all seriousness I'd love a list of every major name TNA has squandered.

I mean obviously AJ and Joe but they got mileage out of them I guess, Punk, The Bucks, Okada, who else?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The way Cornette tells it, they almost got Tyler Black before Cornette stopped him from going until WWE made an offer instead.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

The way Cornette tells it, they almost got Tyler Black before Cornette stopped him from going until WWE made an offer instead.

Normally I'd say Rollins should be sending him a christmas gift every year but it started with "The way Cornette tells it" which is almost as reliable as "According to Hulk Hogan"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

In all seriousness I'd love a list of every major name TNA has squandered.

I mean obviously AJ and Joe but they got mileage out of them I guess, Punk, The Bucks, Okada, who else?

The Machine Guns (who were proto Bucks, as far as having crazy double teams), Roderick Strong, Jay Lethal, Matt Sydal, Homicide, James Storm, Bobby Roode, Chris Harris, Davey Richards, and I'm sure a few others that I'm simply forgetting. Some of these guys are people you dont put world titles on, but this company has put world titles on some loving useless talent (Magnus and Abyss come to mind, although at least Abyss is over).

If you had everybody I just listed as your midcard/tag division, your show could absolutely be marketed as a true alternative. I think that's what Callis and D'Amore are shooting for now, unfortunate that its seemingly too late.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 20, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNA has an alumni section in the triple digits that 75% of which went on to do more interesting poo poo elsewhere or simply had a career slump during their TNA run. They'd managed to give us some of the worst Dustin Rhodes/Black Reign matches, which I didn't even think was possible with the stinkers he'd turned in over the years.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wrestling fandom was stunned when Dustin went back to WWE about 40 lbs slimmer and was having good matches again. I was pretty happy since I always liked Dustin in WCW and I think Goldust is right up there with Undertaker as prime example of a talent taking chicken poo poo of a gimmick and making chicken salad.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 20, 2018

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I will never forgive TNA for having Joe at the heights of his powers and deciding to make him a joke because he was rude to Vince Russo when Russo decided to do a fifteen minute time limit draw and announce how much longer the match had to go half way through, despite not doing that for any other match or even having a time limit for any other match on any show before or after.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gonzo McFee posted:

Naito had 3 months with TNA in 2009. They used the New Japan deal so poorly, & OK, New Japan was a less important name in the west then than it is now but Christ. Just sticking guys like that on Xplosion and forgetting about them. And while I think they basically did an OK job with AJ over the 11 years he was there, the way they turned Joe from the baddest man on the planet vibe he had in '05 or so to the absolute joke he was later on, well, little shock it looked like his love for wrestling had been sucked out of him.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gonzo McFee posted:

I will never forgive TNA for having Joe at the heights of his powers and deciding to make him a joke because he was rude to Vince Russo when Russo decided to do a fifteen minute time limit draw and announce how much longer the match had to go half way through, despite not doing that for any other match or even having a time limit for any other match on any show before or after.

Wow. What's the full story here.

forkboy84 posted:

Naito had 3 months with TNA in 2009. They used the New Japan deal so poorly, & OK, New Japan was a less important name in the west then than it is now but Christ. Just sticking guys like that on Xplosion and forgetting about them. And while I think they basically did an OK job with AJ over the 11 years he was there, the way they turned Joe from the baddest man on the planet vibe he had in '05 or so to the absolute joke he was later on, well, little shock it looked like his love for wrestling had been sucked out of him.

It'll never not be funny to think about how they used Okada. Granted, he wasn't Motherfucking Okada yet, but still.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Normally I'd say Rollins should be sending him a christmas gift every year but it started with "The way Cornette tells it" which is almost as reliable as "According to Hulk Hogan"

I might be remembering wrong but I think Cornette has always been extremely high on Rollins.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

They probably didn't know what they had in Naito and Okada given the limited time that they had. AJ did well but they had him for 11 years. That's quite a long time to develop a character.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mob posted:

I might be remembering wrong but I think Cornette has always been extremely high on Rollins.

Yeah, he's a big fan and has been for a decade now. This is the clip in question about TNA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkY_3ad5yFg

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

forkboy84 posted:

Shinsuke Nakamura was given 1 match on Xplosion against Elix Skipper. He was IWGP Champion at the time

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dsriggs posted:

Shinsuke Nakamura was given 1 match on Xplosion against Elix Skipper

it was like 8 minutes long and I don't think they told either it was going that short until the ref told them to take it home.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

VJeff posted:

Wow. What's the full story here.

Wiki posted:

On the May 20 edition of Impact! Joe was ranked number ten in the first ever TNA Championship Committee rankings for a World Heavyweight Championship title shot.[83] He began his climb up the rankings by defeating Hernandez on June 17, number four ranked A.J. Styles on July 1 and by wrestling number two ranked Jeff Hardy to a ten-minute time limit draw on the July 22 edition of Impact!.[84][85][86] After the match with Hardy, Joe was upset with the production crew for starting a countdown to the time limit draw, when Joe specifically requested not to start one because he thought it would reveal the ending of the match early. Because of his outburst, Joe was suspended from TNA indefinitely.[87][88] Joe returned from his suspension on August 23 at the tapings of the August 26 edition of Impact! to defeat Orlando Jordan

"Production crew" is Russo. He got in Russo's face because even after Joe told him that doing a count down for the match would ruin the finish they did it anyway. If I remember right the matches with Hernandez and AJ lasted longer than ten minutes as well.

It was just loving dumb and Russo held a grudge for ages after that and blamed everything on Joe's "Bad Attitude".

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
TNA squandered Test so badly that he died

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Baron Corbin posted:

TNA squandered Test so badly that he died

But is he STILL dead? After all, TNA is no more, so perhaps that curse is broken.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Defiance Industries posted:

But is he STILL dead? After all, TNA is no more, so perhaps that curse is broken.

https://twitter.com/IsTestStillDead/status/980517255220928512

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gonzo McFee posted:

"Production crew" is Russo. He got in Russo's face because even after Joe told him that doing a count down for the match would ruin the finish they did it anyway. If I remember right the matches with Hernandez and AJ lasted longer than ten minutes as well.

It was just loving dumb and Russo held a grudge for ages after that and blamed everything on Joe's "Bad Attitude".

Was this before or after the ninja incident?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/bornthisrich/status/1042597820212174848

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Vandar posted:

Was this before or after the ninja incident?

Would you believe after.

The thing about incompetent, petty people is that it becomes very difficult to decipher what's malicious and what's supposed to be good.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/adampacitti/status/1043102838073769984

"Touching"

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So weird. Those polkadots too lol

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/TIMEBOMB1105/status/1043080323611811840

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

TV Zombie posted:

They probably didn't know what they had in Naito and Okada given the limited time that they had.

All they knew, or cared to know was that both were Japanese, which in Russo's eyes makes you worthless to an American audience.