Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

What happened with Cody? Original post is down but a bunch of CHUDs are yelling at him currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Is...Is that real? That might be the saddest thing I've seen in well a week I guess the world's pretty lovely.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Is...Is that real? That might be the saddest thing I've seen in well a week I guess the world's pretty lovely.
Yes. They made sure not to shoot him on TV.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dang that woman just manhandled him lmao

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Can't believe Bix thinks Japanese women can't cut promos

https://twitter.com/SMR_sptmber_luv/status/1064234155523792896?s=19

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don’t speak Japanese at all and even I can hear the heavy word slurring

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Didn't spill a drop while she was gesturing away, that's pretty impressive!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

She said that she is going to put away Momo like she put away that drink in case you're wondering.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

I'm not saying zenjos can't cut promos, I'm just saying I'm not gonna assume they're good just because the delivery is because I made a promise after I found out AJPW Orgasm Man was Actually Bad.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I know what you were saying. I was making a joke about the reception to your badly worded tweet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

davidbix posted:

AJPW Orgasm Man was Actually Bad.

I assume this was the guy who'd loving lose his mind during those Kawada/Misawa matches? Remind me to never look up translations and keep the beautiful fantasy alive.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I know what you were saying. I was making a joke about the reception to your badly worded tweet.
Oh, I know, I'm just going along with it!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Jerusalem posted:

I assume this was the guy who'd loving lose his mind during those Kawada/Misawa matches? Remind me to never look up translations and keep the beautiful fantasy alive.
Yeah, the "DEEE! DEEEEEEE! TEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" guy and so on. My memory of how it goes, which IIRC is mainly from a PWO thread, is something like this:

The lead announcer was Akira Fukuzawa. Everyone in the west thought that Orgasm Man and Fukuzawa were one in the same for years, but they were not. Orgasm Man was his sidekick who I forget the name of. And Orgasm Man, it turns out, according to Japanese speakers, was actually kind of a poor man's David Crockett who just yelled poo poo a lot while Fukuzawa did the actual work.

I may be getting some of the specifics wrong, but the gist should be right.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cody and Jordan Devlin got heat

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Devlin1/status/1062837321576443907?s=19

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Devlin1/status/1062847133026525186?s=19

https://twitter.com/CodyRhodes/status/1064360292145135616?s=19

https://twitter.com/TheBrandiRhodes/status/1064365415529369601?s=19

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So Cody talked for too long not knowing there was a limit to how long the event was streaming or something and Devlins match got cut? I’d be pissed if I was Devlin too but I have no idea how much Cody is or isn’t to blame there

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

So Cody talked for too long not knowing there was a limit to how long the event was streaming or something and Devlins match got cut? I’d be pissed if I was Devlin too but I have no idea how much Cody is or isn’t to blame there

Nah Devlin's match was the main event but a lot of people had already left to catch the last bus/train or a ride & there was no heat left in the building.

The Elite took excessively long even for them.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I don't know the whole story either, though I'd probably think a referee telling you to "take it home" is in fact relaying a message from management. Then again I'm not a wrestler and maybe referees do sometimes go into business for themselves like that.

Rovert or Von Linus were probably both there and would know more about the situation.

e: already beaten by rovert

were the fans there into the Elite's bullshit at least or was it just masturbatory nonsense?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
lol nothing says you're doing great like turning up to your old employers and making a scene with a T-Shirt that says "I'm doing Great".

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I don't know the whole story either, though I'd probably think a referee telling you to "take it home" is in fact relaying a message from management. Then again I'm not a wrestler and maybe referees do sometimes go into business for themselves like that.

Rovert or Von Linus were probably both there and would know more about the situation.

e: already beaten by rovert

were the fans there into the Elite's bullshit at least or was it just masturbatory nonsense?

I was there,

They were told to take it home because the timing was bad, Then Cody got on the mic and talked for 10-15 minutes about how they were going to maybe do All In in Dublin, RIGHT HERE IN DUBLIN IRELAND, and got the crowd really hyped up (which is another massively disrespectful thing to do to the hosting promotion, Tommy Dreamer did the same thing where he said he'd bring House of Hardcore to Dublin and really sell out a bigger venue).

Then people either A were exhausted from the long show, B) Cody's promo excitement or C) leaving for the buses.

Jordan had a good match after but they struggled to get the crowd into it, and it was supposed to be Devlin's coronation as the face of OTT.

On a podcast later, Cody poo poo talked the ref, Foxy for doing his job, and telling him to bring it home, so Cody lost a lot of popularity in Ireland in the wake of it.

Edit: Yeah they were into it. But it was still masturbatory stuff that they were told there wasn't time for.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Gonzo McFee posted:

lol nothing says you're doing great like turning up to your old employers and making a scene with a T-Shirt that says "I'm doing Great".

I'd love to do this.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

That's unfortunate. Was Cody's promo to set up for a future event? Was it necessary to cut the promo in the first place?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

TV Zombie posted:

That's unfortunate. Was Cody's promo to set up for a future event? Was it necessary to cut the promo in the first place?

This was before All In, the branding for the OTT show was entirely 'BEING THE ELITE', so it was all about them. They drew the house to be fair to them. But the promo wasn't to set up anything to do with OTT, it was entirely for them to promote All In and in all likelihood, to waste time because they had been told not to waste time.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

What dicks.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Children

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

TV Zombie posted:

What dicks.

Well, looking at what Cody said (hadn't seen it before I typed) in response. To be charitable, maybe he hadn't been told there were times to hit. But the promoter is very aware of timings for his shows (although the Stadium shows tend to run long). I would doubt he hadn't been told there were times, it just would be really odd.

I'd also be surprised that Cody thought that the main event wasn't important and that it was all about him\the Elite. Yeah they drew the house, but if they were supposed to main event, they'd have main evented. They were there to draw people to look at Devlin win the belt.

And as for Brandi, this all went public because Cody started poo poo talking Foxy in a podcast. If anyone is looking for the lack of respect, Cody didn't respect his time, didn't respect the ref when he was told the time, went long after the match was over and then poo poo talked the ref after.

OTOH he kind of apologised in the tweet so maybe it's a storm in a teacup. But if I was Jordan I'd have been pissed. Or Foxy, or the promoter, or any of the other lads who were working the show.

I did the meet and greet and he seemed very nice, and he's always seemed pleasant. Maybe it was just a bad day for him, he had a bad match because one of his lads was concussed, so maybe he wasn't in a great mood.

Von Linus fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 19, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gonzo McFee posted:

I mean his catchphrase was "How you doin?" so at least it makes a modicum of sense

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

I hope he does it again if Liv Morgan gets married someday.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It would be extremely on brand but he wouldn't get in because he would turn up in a leather leopard pattern suit and they'd know it was him because Michael Hayes is already in the building trying to navigate around the various wrestlers trying to corral him to the bar and away from the band.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

now i want to see michael hayes and enzo amore discuss fashion

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1064408785895079936

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1064557481601331202

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Becky's so great on twitter but the company is run by Vince so that won't matter.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I heart Becky.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/status/1064326611124670464

Liv is Good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Von Linus posted:

Well, looking at what Cody said (hadn't seen it before I typed) in response. To be charitable, maybe he hadn't been told there were times to hit. But the promoter is very aware of timings for his shows (although the Stadium shows tend to run long). I would doubt he hadn't been told there were times, it just would be really odd.

I'd also be surprised that Cody thought that the main event wasn't important and that it was all about him\the Elite. Yeah they drew the house, but if they were supposed to main event, they'd have main evented. They were there to draw people to look at Devlin win the belt.

And as for Brandi, this all went public because Cody started poo poo talking Foxy in a podcast. If anyone is looking for the lack of respect, Cody didn't respect his time, didn't respect the ref when he was told the time, went long after the match was over and then poo poo talked the ref after.

OTOH he kind of apologised in the tweet so maybe it's a storm in a teacup. But if I was Jordan I'd have been pissed. Or Foxy, or the promoter, or any of the other lads who were working the show.

I did the meet and greet and he seemed very nice, and he's always seemed pleasant. Maybe it was just a bad day for him, he had a bad match because one of his lads was concussed, so maybe he wasn't in a great mood.

I kinda remember that show and wondering why the gently caress they'd put The Elite in the co-main.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RondaRousey/status/1064593244577718272

...i...

Edit

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1064595808694272000

Edit two:
https://twitter.com/RondaRousey/status/1064595642520002561

rovert fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 19, 2018

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Ronda doesn't know how to talk like a human being.

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 19, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Somebody take her phone away, holy poo poo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ChrisNowinski1/status/1064309578551169027

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I for one am not shocked a sandy hook truther is bad at twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ronda deleted the tweet... anyone get a screenshot?

Edit: Rovert with the save :c00lbert:

Edit 2: :stonk: