Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

MassRafTer posted:

Bang Town's own Seafood Coward decided to do something about Ethan Page being a whiny spoiler baby.

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/1119319911728332801

Direct action works.

all MCU clusterfuck movies should be spoiled to keep people from watching them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Low Desert Punk posted:

"Popular thing bad, actually" is the most prolific take on loving everything these days, and I'm just so bored with it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Low Desert Punk posted:

Alternatively, people should just leave other people alone to enjoy the things that make them happy, because who loving cares if they like something you don't if it isn't hurting anybody?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

"Popular thing bad, actually" is the most prolific take on loving everything these days, and I'm just so bored with it.

i don't dislike them because they're popular i just think they suck lol. i don't think people who like them should get spoiled though, that's just rude.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I think that a focus on avoiding spoilers is both unhealthy and stupid, if noted idiot Immanuel Kant could figure out that you can enjoy something without needing to not know what is going to happen next, than avoiding spoilers is unnecessary and gives lovely people a different lever to use against you.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

karmicknight posted:

I think that a focus on avoiding spoilers is both unhealthy and stupid, if noted idiot Immanuel Kant could figure out that you can enjoy something without needing to not know what is going to happen next, than avoiding spoilers is unnecessary and gives lovely people a different lever to use against you.

Yeah, being pleasantly surprised by stuff is basically for dickheads, if you really think about it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

For my theory i'd like to cite The Dumb gently caress. :confused:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You don't have to "focus" on avoiding spoilers. it's not a big deal. god drat

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Basic social grace doesn't apply to me because *opens Wikipedia link*

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shaming Funko Pop Babymen for loving mediocre comic book movies is cool and good, actually. Especially when that baby man is All Ego Ethan Page

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I am thankful that I have hosed my brain up in such a way that even if I get something spoiled that I have interest in, I will completely forget that poo poo within an hour.

Imagining the other perspective, watching your show all pissed off in anticipation of the part you heard about to come up, makes me chuckle

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I know it was posted a while back but...I want to see some Regal vs Arn matches.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm one of the few people that just doesn't care about spoilers. Like whenever I read or hear them, even if it's not a thing I'm voluntarily trying to do, it's almost always either for 1) a thing I'm interested in that I end up being even more interested in from hearing about it and end up loving it lots (example: Annihilation) or 2) a thing I wasn't interested in that I end up being glad I was going to skip (example: every M Night film for the last 15 years)

I wanna say the last time it backfired on me, in that I actually wound up no longer interested in something anymore because of hearing about it, was.........The Village in 2004, also an M Night film :laffo: I heard it sucked, my whole family wanted to/did see it together anyway because Signs was kinda fun, and it wound up being so bad it was the last thing we ever watched in a movie theater while all together :lol:

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Everyone knows the Golden Age of Spoilers was like early 2000s when Mister Tito's PHAT Daily Column would drop sweet fan submitted taping spoilers and like every six weeks someone would submit a set of fake ones and you were never 100% sure if they were really bringing back Tatanka or giving the Basham Brothers a BSDM gimmick or what.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The best thing about not caring about spoilers is that it also means if doesn’t bother you if others do care, so you don’t go out of your way to try and wreck their enjoyment since it in no way hurts you at all to just not spoil them and it’s a basic sign of empathy for the feelings of others.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TV Zombie posted:

I know it was posted a while back but...I want to see some Regal vs Arn matches.

Then feast your eyes on this from WCW Saturday Night, 1993

"From the Tower of Blackpool" is so funny. Blackpool Tower isn't the Tower of London, it's just a really dumb Eiffel Tower tribute act.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Alternatively, people should just leave other people alone to enjoy the things that make them happy, because who loving cares if they like something you don't if it isn't hurting anybody?

If you look closely, there is a flaw in this logic. If we all did this, how then could we show we are superior for not liking a thing?

WrasslorMonkey fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 20, 2019

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

LividLiquid posted:

Oftentimes popular thing is bad, though. People generally have horrible taste, otherwise we wouldn't have a billion seasons of Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men, or records by the likes of Ed Sheeran and Mumford and Sons. To say nothing of the Kardashians. The Marvel movies aren't that bad, but I'm thoroughly bored with those type of overblown CGI fests and would rather watch garbage 1980s action films where the SFX are laughably cheap (like Samurai Cop).

(I would add WWE into the "popular thing is bad" mix but their viewership is declining :v:)

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Oftentimes popular thing is bad, though.

Loads of things are bad. There is zero need to point this out, however. Because it doesn't matter.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

These posts are bad

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

Beeswax posted:

Loads of things are bad. There is zero need to point this out, however. Because it doesn't matter.

If that's the case, then the opposite is also true and there's no need to point out when things are good, either. Entertainment should just be consumed in a pleasantly inoffensive and dull state of neutrality. :geno:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm gonna wreck it!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I like superhero movies and will usually actively seek out spoilers for stuff I like.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Here's something that is bad: not posting about wrestlers on social media in the wrestlers on social media thread.

https://twitter.com/FortuneKK0327/status/1117799125150359552

Kenta Kobashi posted:

The winning trophy is quite heavy !! ︎ It will not be lifted if the spirit is not included!!

A good life motto if ever I heard one :hai:

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Sydney Bottocks posted:

If that's the case, then the opposite is also true and there's no need to point out when things are good, either. Entertainment should just be consumed in a pleasantly inoffensive and dull state of neutrality. :geno:

There's a world of difference between "I don't like superhero movies, and therefore I am superior to you" and like, actually discussing the good and bad qualities of a given film.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

Hellblazer187 posted:

There's a world of difference between "I don't like superhero movies, and therefore I am superior to you" and like, actually discussing the good and bad qualities of a given film.

Oh I don't disagree with that, anyone who seriously thinks "I like [media franchise] so therefore I am better than those who don't" needs to get over themselves. And as I said, I like watching horrible low-budget bad movies, so I'm certainly not sitting in judgment on anyone. :v:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/RotchyKong/status/1117846977616629760

Ottawa folk, you should go to this

https://twitter.com/C4Wrestling/status/1114191587259580416

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 20, 2019

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

extradite THIS! posted:

I hope eventually Dominick defeats whoever is then the current Custodian of Dominick.

a true self own

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Josh Alexander and Kobe Durst are two out of the three main eventers and they're really good too. Haven't seen Matt Angel so can't say anything about him.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Oftentimes popular thing is bad, though. People generally have horrible taste, otherwise we wouldn't have a billion seasons of Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men, or records by the likes of Ed Sheeran and Mumford and Sons. To say nothing of the Kardashians. The Marvel movies aren't that bad, but I'm thoroughly bored with those type of overblown CGI fests and would rather watch garbage 1980s action films where the SFX are laughably cheap (like Samurai Cop).

(I would add WWE into the "popular thing is bad" mix but their viewership is declining :v:)
So? Media isn't as zero-sum as it used to be. Hating a kind of music, for instance, made some level of(albeit) immature sense to me back in the day, because there were only so many shelves at Tower Records. There was only so much airplay on the radio. There was only so many hours on MTV.

If something you hated became popular, pretty soon things you enjoyed would disappear in favor of clones of the thing you hated. So, yeah. Selfish, but it makes sense to get angry about it.

But media is no longer zero sum. Hating something rather than merely disliking it makes almost no sense at all. There's no reason to get angry about people enjoying a thing you don't, save needing to feel superior.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the bad things take up a person's limited mindspace which can never be freed up.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

LividLiquid posted:

So? Media isn't as zero-sum as it used to be. Hating a kind of music, for instance, made some level of(albeit) immature sense to me back in the day, because there were only so many shelves at Tower Records. There was only so much airplay on the radio. There was only so many hours on MTV.

If something you hated became popular, pretty soon things you enjoyed would disappear in favor of clones of the thing you hated. So, yeah. Selfish, but it makes sense to get angry about it.

But media is no longer zero sum. Hating something rather than merely disliking it makes almost no sense at all. There's no reason to get angry about people enjoying a thing you don't, save needing to feel superior.

Who said anything about getting angry or feeling superior? I'm simply saying that it's fine to say if you think something is bad. You're the one getting worked up about it.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/TheBethPhoenix/status/1119708316916244481?s=19

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Who said anything about getting angry or feeling superior? I'm simply saying that it's fine to say if you think something is bad. You're the one getting worked up about it.
This "you're the one who's upset" poo poo needs to fall by the wayside too.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

LividLiquid posted:

Your entire time here on something awful has been you getting upset about things in hilarious ways.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

LividLiquid posted:

Maybe you should provide us a list of the things you don't like people doing, so we can make sure we don't do them in the future? That'd be quite helpful. :)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m sorry but Lacey Evans scooting her butt across the carpet would be must watch TV.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm sorry, I didn't make myself clear: post wrestlers on social media or take a 6 hour break. You can take this discussion to an appropriate thread (the General Discussion for example) or to PMs.

coconono posted:

I’m sorry but Lacey Evans scooting her butt across the carpet would be must watch TV.

ARRIVE
BUTT SCOOT
LEAVE

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Lacey running her mouth and getting brutally dunked on is a great gimmick except we know Vince is not intending it that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/SuperKingofBros/status/1119616144875433984

:allears: