Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

The bit with Beck is loving gross tho. If you're spending so much time at your workplace that the only people you meet and date are co-workers, you're spending way too much time at your work. That's not healthy.

Becoming friends with the people you work with is actually aggressively normal, even moreso in an industry like WWE where you're constantly traveling together and have bizarre schedules that are completely incompatible with regular lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

The more I think about it, the more the Seth thing sounds like the kind of heavyhanded babyface positioning WWE loves. Just done in a completely tonedeaf manner(another thing they're famous for). Vince is thinking firey babyface promo and completely refuses to believe the crowd is making jerking off motions.

It's basically the Dolph Ziggler problem. Seth's about 2 degrees from screaming tearfully about how he WORKS HARDER than ANYONE in this BUSINESS every SINGLE DAY.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I feel legit bad for Becky. Someone so talented who rose against all odds to make herself into a big deal only to have your entire character killed because you had the bad judgement to date Seth Rollins

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Croc posted:

Sometimes there was some noah guy having a pop at Kenta when he was announced for the g1

"Some NOAH guy" was Naomichi Marufuji and it's so loving sad how far NOAH has fallen that Marufuji is just "some NOAH guy".

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

My knowledge on Noah is pretty much zero in his defence.

I feel great shame though :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

forkboy84 posted:

"Some NOAH guy" was Naomichi Marufuji and it's so loving sad how far NOAH has fallen that Marufuji is just "some NOAH guy".

KENOH popped off about Kenta too. And KENOH is second to Suzuki in the list of people you really won't survive them being mad at you.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao god koth ruled

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Marufuji didn't really say anything bad beyond "today of all days" or something along those lines. He told KENTA not to get lost in the shuffle at NJPW.

Kenoh's thing was a magazine interview and mostly a kayfabe shot at Marufuji for wishing him luck along the lines of Naito yelling at NJPW for wishing Nakamura luck in WWE.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I know it's wrestling, but a match in who looks the least stupid between Seth Rollins and Wil Osprey somehow ending in a Baron Corbin victory is too absurd for me.

"Baron Corbin looks the least stupid" is not a sentence I should have to type, or think.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Marufuji didn't really say anything bad beyond "today of all days" or something along those lines. He told KENTA not to get lost in the shuffle at NJPW.

Kenoh's thing was a magazine interview and mostly a kayfabe shot at Marufuji for wishing him luck along the lines of Naito yelling at NJPW for wishing Nakamura luck in WWE.

Considering how Kenoh left M-Pro I hope that was kayfabe or he has zero self awareness.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

I know it's wrestling, but a match in who looks the least stupid between Seth Rollins and Wil Osprey somehow ending in a Baron Corbin victory is too absurd for me.

"Baron Corbin looks the least stupid" is not a sentence I should have to type, or think.

Baron Corbin's strength is trolling guys who take wrestling way too seriously and/or indy guys.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/realmikebennett/status/1143531701030674432
https://twitter.com/wwemaverick/status/1143545906484019201

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

historically speaking, solidarity is the only thing that keeps the most rapacious aspects of capitalism at bay. Management doesn't even need to lift a finger to keep the workers divided.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Man I wish Twitter existed while WCW was going down in flames too

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tato posted:

can you imagine Buff Bagwell sliding into DMs, its loving magic.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Tato posted:

*scratches kill hitler off of time travel to do list and replaces it with invent twitter before 1998*

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

*scratches kill hitler off of time travel to do list and replaces it with invent twitter before 1998*

Just imagine Bischoff's twitter timeline starting from early 1996 to the end of WCW.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

Currently the most wrestletwitter excitement has to come from LA Park having his rear end get eaten out as his Twitter av for months, and Ciber The Main Man getting suspended for posting a vid of a dog giving a woman a blowjob

I don't think we could have survived Twitter existing in different periods of history than now. Example: coked out Shawn making absolutely sure everyone saw his dick during each binge

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

When Scott Hall relapses, he tends to post seminude pictures of e-girls that sext him. The potential revenue stream would have saved him for decades of substance abuse problems brought on by road wear.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

You realize this would mean Twitter exists during the Lewinsky scandal, right?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the Seth Rollins podcast quote sounds like something a WWE writer(with Vince feeding lines) came up with.

That's my last thought on the matter because I'd rather talk about how cool a Veda Scott and Allie Katt podcast would be.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Vince should just copy AAA and re-use old gimmicks with a junior at the end. Mojo as Undertaker Jr, Baron Corbin with a wig as Diesel Jr, Drake with some clown makeup as Doink Jr

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Didn't he just sign a new 5-year deal? He's not allowed to complain anymore.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

Didn't he just sign a new 5-year deal? He's not allowed to complain anymore.

That's what his embedded tweet response in that second one mentioned, yep
https://twitter.com/RealMikeBennett/status/1143544942918135808

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

205 would be a good show if the roster wasn't a bunch of dudes that look like they've been stuck in animal travel crates for 48 hours.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

coconono posted:

205 would be a good show if the roster wasn't a bunch of dudes that look like they've been stuck in animal travel crates for 48 hours.

But they have

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Seth saw all of you say Ric is the bigger cop yesterday and took it as a challenge

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

coconono posted:

historically speaking, solidarity is the only thing that keeps the most rapacious aspects of capitalism at bay. Management doesn't even need to lift a finger to keep the workers divided.

I was about to come in here and ask if this is just one big union busting op.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Critical posted:

gently caress Im going to be sitting about 20 feet from Jim Ross at All Out give me things to yell at him all night.

"Sir, what you call PC culture is actually just marginalized peoples trying to fight and scrap for any chance at equality that they can get."

Not sure if you can make that a chant but give it a shot.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

Lets Go Longhorns

I never really kept up with football but my mom was a UT graduate. Last I heard OU and UT got moved to different conferences and the rivalry ended.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TTBF posted:

I never really kept up with football but my mom was a UT graduate. Last I heard OU and UT got moved to different conferences and the rivalry ended.

No idea where you heard that since they've been in the same conference since it was formed 1994. Are you thinking of Texas A&M? They left the Big 12 for the SEC and the rivalry ended and UT and TAMU fans definitely don't spend all day and night thinking about what the other is doing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jim👏Ross👏Is👏A👏Racist👏

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

Jim👏Ross👏Is👏A👏Racist👏

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

That's what his embedded tweet response in that second one mentioned, yep
https://twitter.com/RealMikeBennett/status/1143544942918135808

He should ask how that worked out for CM Punk

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/1143438465750560768

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

NienNunb posted:

Jim👏Ross👏Is👏A👏Racist👏

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

samoa joe is Good

people who re-sign to wwe with the brokenbrained idea that they can improve poo poo are Bad

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

DLC Inc posted:

samoa joe is Good

people who re-sign to wwe with the brokenbrained idea that they can improve poo poo are Bad

Joe seems like a really savvy guy, so I hope he uses AEW's existence to drain Vince for every dime he can.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
It would be extremely funny if Mike and Maria thought AEW had a spot for them, and then meekly re-signed when they realized they have no value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Joe was in TNA, he's used to fans shittalking him for where he works.