Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Mr. Squishy posted:

I believe the full pitch was that this literal Nazi was going to be revived and managed by Paul Heyman, who is, you know, Jewish.

I feel like this would not have dissuaded Vince in the slightest.
Also; when people are saying 'You know what a good place to be is? IMPACT." it means that the culture they are accustomed to is irredeemably horrific. You just start feeling like the people in WWE need to be rescued, sometimes from themselves.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Sep 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mr. Squishy posted:

I believe the full pitch was that this literal Nazi was going to be revived and managed by Paul Heyman, who is, you know, Jewish.

And Heyman's mother was a Holocaust survivor that went through Auschwitz.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And then Heyman did it a few years later with Brock anyway.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Heath's girls are adorbs :3:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Heath is so good

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I always thought it was implied Heidenreich was a nazi because he was an Aryan Superman with Reich right in is name, even if they didn't explicitly say he was an evil Captain America.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Holy crap Chuck Norris looks bad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

chuck norris is a case where people are more comfortable with his plastic surgery face from the 80s and 90s than what came before. this isn't related to the above post except for inspiring it by talking about chuck norris. i saw the video but don't have a comment about what he looks like now. this post isn't related to that at all, again. please don't make any mistakes if you decide to respond to me. i simply thought about chuck norris due to chuck norris being discussed. he was in wrestling as an enforcer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mayor Kane in a touch of hot water.

https://twitter.com/tyler_whetstone/status/1308899125790990336

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jesus christ, dude can't even be a figure head right?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
kane is going to electrocute the balls of the board of health

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

what's in the video? Gotta figure it's the devil's favorite demon saying something incredibly dumb about public health, a topic he, an oaf, definitely understands

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

no-sell and a head tilt is ineffective against viruses. how could he know?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Karma Tornado posted:

what's in the video? Gotta figure it's the devil's favorite demon saying something incredibly dumb about public health, a topic he, an oaf, definitely understands

The video is apparently gone or private but it sounds like it was an anti-mask group and Kane called the Board of Health "sinister forces" trying to destroy America.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

STAC Goat posted:

The video is apparently gone or private but it sounds like it was an anti-mask group and Kane called the Board of Health "sinister forces" trying to destroy America.

why, I cannot imagine that the smartest man Daniel Bryan knows would say such a thing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Karma Tornado posted:

why, I cannot imagine that the smartest man Daniel Bryan knows would say such a thing

the difference between the INT stat and the WIS stat rears its ugly head once again

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Vince MechMahon posted:

I always thought it was implied Heidenreich was a nazi because he was an Aryan Superman with Reich right in is name, even if they didn't explicitly say he was an evil Captain America.
John Heidenreich is his actual birth name and it's part of/the full last name of lots and lots of people who aren't coding themselves as Nazis.

I'm not saying they couldn't have changed it or he doesn't look like a big German Ubermensch, but I don't think it implies him being a Nazi anymore than I think Bobby Lashley's name is a slavery reference or Britt Baker needs to be making the Dark Order scones.

The part of the Unfrozen Nazi Super Soldier bit that people tend to forget is that it was revealed in a story where ex-WWE writer Dan Madigan was telling a story about how he thought it was a hilarious idea to make him Baron Von Bava, an Nazi managed by Paul Heyman and enthusiastically pitched it to the room, acting out the goosestepping and sieg heiling, at which point no one said anything and Vince looked at him with bafflement and disgust and walked out of the room.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 24, 2020

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/megabyteronnie/status/1308910252050579457?s=21

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Hell I'd watch it

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Edge & Christian posted:

John Heidenreich is his actual birth name and it's part of/the full last name of lots and lots of people who aren't coding themselves as Nazis.

I'm not saying they couldn't have changed it or he doesn't look like a big German Ubermensch, but I don't think it implies him being a Nazi anymore than I think Bobby Lashley's name is a slavery reference or Britt Baker needs to be making the Dark Order scones.

The part of the Unfrozen Nazi Super Soldier bit that people tend to forget is that it was revealed in a story where ex-WWE writer Dan Madigan was telling a story about how he thought it was a hilarious idea to make him Baron Von Bava, an Nazi managed by Paul Heyman and enthusiastically pitched it to the room, acting out the goosestepping and sieg heiling, at which point no one said anything and Vince looked at him with bafflement and disgust and walked out of the room.

Oh I should have clarified. I'm pretty sure he's a nazi cause he's a kraut.

E: Serious answer, I figured they changed it cause it sounds like something they would name a nazi and I knew of the original idea.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Heidenreich could have always worked under another name to be rid of any potential baggage in the name. I generally liked him, but the weird mental illness angle was also really bizarre for its time (I remember a vignette of him being in a mental care facility and telling his manager he liked it there), and iirc there was even a kid involved.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/MiaYim/status/1308987154979319815

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MJeff posted:

Holy crap Chuck Norris looks bad.
He's 80 :staredog:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Schneider Heim posted:

Heidenreich could have always worked under another name to be rid of any potential baggage in the name. I generally liked him, but the weird mental illness angle was also really bizarre for its time (I remember a vignette of him being in a mental care facility and telling his manager he liked it there), and iirc there was even a kid involved.

Not to mention the time he sexually assaulted Michael Cole

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I saw this linked on Twitter, but here’s the article:

It’s about the NWA and some of the things they’re doing with their contracts, like granting Zicky Dice a release but then taking it back, which I had no idea you could do. And they make pennies on the dollar...not liking the NWA one bit hearing shady poo poo like this.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/update-on-royce-issacs-nwa-release-money-issues-for-nwa-contracts

quote:

According to a report provided by Fightful Select, NWA tag team champion Royce Isaacs has requested his release and it was granted. However, Isaacs apparently asked for his release after his previous contract had expired. NWA reportedly could’ve opted to roll over his contract much like what happened earlier this week with former TV champion Zicky Dice. Ultimately, NWA chose not to do that with Isaacs.

Isaacs was reportedly well liked within the company, and he was given a lot of trust to work multiple spots on the card. That said, one issue with the NWA contracts is that they were for “relatively no money.” Fightful Select spoke to several sources with knowledge on the situation who stated that Isaacs would be better off not being signed to any contract if another opportunity was to materialize.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I know the answer is "lol America" but seriously, how the gently caress can you grant somebody a release and then "take it back"? :psyduck:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ICR posted:

quote:

That said, one issue with the NWA contracts is that they were for “relatively no money.”

True, but Billy buys NairTM in bulk quantities and can pass those savings on to you

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
penny's on the dollar...

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

in times past you would pay the boys in cocaine, now its manscaping paraphernalia and x-box live gift cards

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Jerusalem posted:

I know the answer is "lol America" but seriously, how the gently caress can you grant somebody a release and then "take it back"? :psyduck:

Just say “lol Just kiddin”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sike!!!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Sure you’re getting released *two months later* you work for us now!

And you’re on an exclusive contract. You will get a pretty good chunk of change: $8,000 for a year. We’ll need you 2-3 times each month and again, you work for us, not anybody else who may want you. If you do want to work an indie show, let us know first. We have to approve that.

I’ll give you $250 up front in good faith of the $8,000 for your commitment and to show you I’m a good boss. Thanks!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

At some point don't you need a provision that says 'Ok these are actually lower than starvation wages. I'm going to need to be able to take whatever other bookings I can get otherwise sans pre-approval because otherwise this contract is an active detriment to my well being.'

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

At some point don't you need a provision that says 'Ok these are actually lower than starvation wages. I'm going to need to be able to take whatever other bookings I can get otherwise sans pre-approval because otherwise this contract is an active detriment to my well being.'

Jerusalem posted:

the answer is "lol America"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ICR posted:

Sure you’re getting released *two months later* you work for us now!

And you’re on an exclusive contract. You will get a pretty good chunk of change: $8,000 for a year. We’ll need you 2-3 times each month and again, you work for us, not anybody else who may want you. If you do want to work an indie show, let us know first. We have to approve that.

I’ll give you $250 up front in good faith of the $8,000 for your commitment and to show you I’m a good boss. Thanks!

How did you get a hold of the NXT contracts

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ricky Starks said they offered him $12,000 a year to stay right? And I can only assume that would have been a raise. Crazy how little they're paying their talent. Thunder Rosa probably made more than double her NWA salary in one night in AEW.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/annajay___/status/1309139139657375744?s=21 this is perfect

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I love John Silver so much.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

John silver makes me a little uncomfortable because he comes off as a sex pest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shard posted:

John silver makes me a little uncomfortable because he comes off as a sex pest.

Stop sexualizing children.