Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Shamrock was on Impact Wrestling???? I don't remember him doing anything in there at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

DLC Inc posted:

Shamrock was on Impact Wrestling???? I don't remember him doing anything in there at all

Hes there at the moment and im pretty sure he appeared a few times way way back in the original ppv era of tna.

Edit from wiki

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (2002)
In May 2002, Shamrock signed a one-year deal with the newly formed Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA) promotion. On the inaugural TNA pay-per-view on June 19, Shamrock won the vacant NWA World Heavyweight Championship in a Gauntlet for the Gold match and is recognized as TNA's first ever World Champion. After feuding with Malice for several weeks, Shamrock left TNA shortly after losing the title to Ron Killings on August 7.

Return to TNA (2004)
Shamrock briefly returned to TNA in July 2004. In his return, he only wrestled twice: for the NWA Heavyweight Championship in a gauntlet match,[26] and an eight-man guitar-on-a-pole match.[27] In both matches, he was unsuccessful in winning. Shamrock then departed TNA again shortly after the latter match.

Second return to Impact Wrestling (2019–present)
In August 2019, it was announced that Shamrock would be returning to TNA, now known as Impact Wrestling, for the first time since 2004. He returned at the September 5 Impact! TV taping in Las Vegas, Nevada and furthered his feud with Moose that began over social media.[32] Shamrock faced Moose at the 2019 Bound for Glory event in a losing effort.[33] On the October 29 episode of Impact!, Shamrock was challenged to a match by Joey Ryan. The following week, Shamrock defeated Ryan, winning his first match since 2002. In February 2020, he was inducted into the Impact Hall of Fame.[34] On March 17, ICU interupted Ken Shamrock's interview with Josh Mathews. The mysterious figure threw a fireball into Shamrock's eyes. He took off the mask and it was revealed to be Sami Callihan. Callihan would take his phone and the lights would go off and he would disappear. The feud would culminate at Rebellion 2020 Night 1 in an Unsanctioned match, where Shamrock submitted Callihan to an ankle lock.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Croc posted:

Hes there at the moment and im pretty sure he appeared a few times way way back in the original ppv era of tna.

ken shamrock was the first NWA TNA Champion lmao

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Alaois posted:

ken shamrock was the first NWA TNA Champion lmao

It was all downhill from there

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

:thunk:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Croc posted:

It was all downhill from there

I dunno that post says r-truth was the next champion

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The entire Shamrock/Rock feud from Royal Rumble to King of the Ring owned bones. Got them both more over even though it presented Shamrock as being too uncontrollable and stupid to win an IC title and not murder referees.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This makes me wonder if AEW is going to be able to get Rock to do a blurb for the Jericho celebration

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Jericho will ask his good friend, Trump Jr.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Is Shamrock not in the WWE Hall of Fame?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i just had to know what the impact hall of fame was and who is in it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_Hall_of_Fame

they didn't even bother doing one in 2019 and in 2018 they had it at a random bar in manhattan

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not fundamentally against a small "Hall of Fame" or that it doesn't induct every year or whatever. WWE didn't invent the idea and they've overdone it to the point where it has no meaning.

The problem with Impact's is obviously just that they lack the prestige to get the obvious inductees to show back up and they started it right around the same time they started losing all their obvious names.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The truly surprising thing is that TNA is almost 20 years old.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Speaking of UFC legends

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1309620320249278467?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/AndrewTRich/status/1309611286611845121?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

2 fights makes one a veteran?

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Davros1 posted:

2 fights makes one a veteran?
:thejoke:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The sheer hubris of this man.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

There's no loving way he can be serious. I mean, I know he is... but it's loving brain melting.

I guess he thinks he's a killer on the mic for all of those years he told people in the crowd that they/their mothers sucked dick.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I think Bully was pretty great when he was in that dumb TNA stable Immortal.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1309661192097390592?s=19

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I think Bully was pretty great when he was in that dumb TNA stable Immortal.

He was, but he wasn't even in the same universe as Eddie is now. Eddie's promos are up there with Cody, Mox, and Jericho, in my opinion.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Tessa Blanchard is back from her social media hiatus and claims she isn't racist.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFlmZvXAYAP/

"I’ve been away for a while, the main reason for that is to focus on my wedding & honeymoon. The past few months I’ve gotten back to the basics & been focusing on the relationships I have with family, friends & myself. The point of this post is because I’m taking back the control of my narrative. I’ve had people weigh in on what I should do, what I should say, what interview to do, where to go.. now, I want to listen to what I want and what’s in my heart. I am so blessed in so many areas of my life & I am so grateful to have such strong people in my life. & I regained control of that mindset.. that I know who I am. At the end of every day I can look in the mirror and say ‘I know that woman, I like that woman, I love who that woman is becoming and what she’s capable of’, that’s all I need. racist? That’s not me, that’s never been me, I don’t have a history of being that way, I don’t have a history of using that language & that’s the end of it, it’s just not who I am. & I’m tired of being called & my family seeing me be called something so hateful. Who I am is a woman that cares deeply about my passion and putting in work. Who I am is a woman that gives 110% at whatever she does whether it was waiting tables, extra curricular school work, the next workout, or in the ring. Who I am is a woman that prefers to be viewed as tough as nails instead of having any form of weakness. Who I am is a woman completely driven by my passion & what I believe God has for me in life. Even with those little details about me, at the end of the day none of it matters.. we are each responsible for taking control of our own lives. I’m taking back control of mine.. 💎 #nosvemospronto"

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It must be so hard to be called racist. To deal with that weight every waking moment what a hero.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sounds like she's going to WWE, cool. Good luck "controlling your life" in the PC I guess.

I was kinda hoping after the Big Swole tweet we'd see things turn for better but I guess not.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
“I don’t have a history of using that language and that’s the end of it” is a real bold stance to try to stake out, good luck with all that

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Spiderdrake posted:

Sounds like she's going to WWE, cool. Good luck "controlling your life" in the PC I guess.

I was kinda hoping after the Big Swole tweet we'd see things turn for better but I guess not.

Well. She’s a racist. Of course she is going to WWE. Fits in with the culture and politics of the company.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I don't get it. She was 21 when it happened. She's 25 now. Our brains don't finish developing until we're 25. If she apologized in a remotely genuine way, I don't think it would be an ongoing issue.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Joey Ryan commented on her post

Only registered members can see post attachments!

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Lmao

God now I’m imagining a pathetic unrepentant Christian exiles wrestling company

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh yeah, you want confirmation you’re poo poo, just have Joey Ryan give you validation in your post.

Holy gently caress Tessa is the worst. Keep her far the gently caress away from wrestling so we can turn this ship around.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My Insta claiming not to be racist is raising lots of questions answered by my Insta

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Lmao

God now I’m imagining a pathetic unrepentant Christian exiles wrestling company

vince russo already tried once to make a christian wrestling company, he'd probably be down for another

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

fatherofmustard posted:

lol he actually did it

didn't someone say he was going to become a creepy pastor as soon as he disappeared?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i said it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

My Insta claiming not to be racist is raising lots of questions answered by my Insta

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fatherofmustard posted:

This is somehow worse than his sex pest "gimmick"

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This is somehow worse than his sex pest "gimmick"

He's just a religious sex pest now.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I almost want to see this happen for how entirely the Mad King would obliterate him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1309798149347778560?s=19