Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Liar Lyre posted:

Superstars is the Z show.

Exactly, it's Ryder's show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheRock posted:

These boys are locked up in jail. Good to spend time & talk with them.

Reminded them that I was once in their shoes – arrested multiple times as a teen (fighting, theft & stupid poo poo).

Told em if I can make it, so can you. Challenged them to commit themselves to becoming better. They did. This was a good day. #Commitment

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Almost all of those people rolled their eyes and were in no way inspired by The Rock. They showed up because it beat the hell out of cleaning poo poo and because they got to meet a celebrity. He had a famous father and they didn't, or some other excuse. Whatever. Most will write off his advice.

One of those guys, however, is sure to take it to heart. He'll remember that for the rest of his life, and it'll motivate him to be a better person. That makes it all worth it, and makes me smile. :) Prison reform is desperately needed in this country, and anybody who doesn't treat inmates like lost causes is a loving saint in my book.

I've been a prisoner. It's so much worse than anybody can possibly imagine, and this includes people who already know it's the worst.

Good for Rock. That's friggin' awesome.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I think we all know what happens when prisoners and pro wrestling mix.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Oh gently caress you Hogan

Hulk Hogan posted:

Perfect day,very grateful for both of my awesome kids,no negatives in their lives,their positive future makes me excited to keep going. HH

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

No negatives in their lives?

John Graziano.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If you don't see the 'negative', Hogan, maybe you're the 'negative'.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
You guys have to remember, everything Hogan says/tweets is a lie. Imagine he is Bizarro Superman or something.

quote:

Horrible day, very ungrateful for both of my terrible kids,no positives in their lives, their negative future makes me horrified to keep going. HH

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

triplexpac posted:

You guys have to remember, everything Hogan says/tweets is a lie. Imagine he is Bizarro Superman or something.

I would love a parody twitter that did this for every HH tweet

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!

triplexpac posted:

+1

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Hey Yoshi, what do you think of Prince Devitt?

@WWEYoshiTatsu posted:

@fergaldevitt Congratulations Darkside Devi-chan! You did great job! I'm proud of you:)

Aww. Hey Devitt, what do you think of Yoshi?

@FergalDevitt posted:

@YoshiTatsuWWE im proud of you to bro, you lated 51 seconds vs @AntonioCesaro on NXT. Awesome.

Oh....

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/344908929349865472/photo/1

Bayley is adorable.

A follow up to this weeks nxt cliffhanger:

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/345567497874989059

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Is she a female Eugene?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Gonzo McFee posted:

Is she a female Eugene?

More "wrestling superfan living the dream".

Oh crap, that WAS Eugene's gimmick, wasn't it?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ugghhh Those gimmicks never go anywhere good.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic; the wide-eyed innocent gimmick might be a starting point for a more developed character down the road.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gonzo McFee posted:

Eugene went to Regal's face turn with THAT promo, so it was only 99% bad.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Gonzo McFee posted:

You didn't like Mickie James?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Renaissance Spam posted:

Oh crap, that WAS Eugene's gimmick, wasn't it?

Eugene was mental.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Joe Seanoa posted:

‏@SamoaJoe 4m
Just saw a legit piledriver in a MMA fight.. Bucket list
Wonder where he saw that

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

HulkaMatt posted:

Eugene was mental.

Bayley kinda acts like she is on some part of the autism spectrum. Or that she's literally an 8 year old girl. I think its a really fun act.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Dolph Ziggler posted:

hey marks, stop saying im the worst @WWE world champion... i beat @TrueKofi that 1 time 8 weeks ago, remember?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

achillesforever6 posted:

Wonder where he saw that

Holy poo poo. I want to see this like an hour ago.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Liar Lyre posted:

Holy poo poo. I want to see this like an hour ago.

There

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Fuckin Gotch Style Piledriver!!!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

It's...it's...it's beautiful.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It's the fist pump afterward that makes it.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Pro-Wrestling is the best martial art.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I haven't been paying attention, has Michael Cole been getting any poo poo from the Puerto Rican community over the past week?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

I haven't been paying attention, has Michael Cole been getting any poo poo from the Puerto Rican community over the past week?

Forgive my ignorance but why would he? Did he say something on commentary that I missed?

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

He said Puerto Rico wasn't really America or something

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

NeoNaoNeo posted:

He said Puerto Rico wasn't really America or something

Specifically that it was an entirely different country.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
He didn't know it was a territory. He thought it was another country, and actually argued with JBL that it wasn't part of America. Hence the GDT title.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I doubt anyone could really take offense from that (well, people ca take offense to anything). That really just embarrassed Cole and exposed not only his stupidity but his obnoxious stubbornness when people corrected him and he kept fighting.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

STAC Goat posted:

I doubt anyone could really take offense from that (well, people ca take offense to anything). That really just embarrassed Cole and exposed not only his stupidity but his obnoxious stubbornness when people corrected him and he kept fighting.
I like to imagine its more of Vince's stupidity and that those were all fed lines.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It's just another territory for Vince to put out of business.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

achillesforever6 posted:

I like to imagine its more of Vince's stupidity and that those were all fed lines.

I'm sure Vince might be that stupid too but I really believe that was Cole. You could hear such defeat and embarrassment in his voice when everyone jumped all over him and said Puerto Rico was part of America. He just let out this meek little "Really? It is?" Then he collected himself and started his "Well, still its not the same thing!" silliness. I really rewatched that clip like a dozen times Monday night. Not only because the exchange was so funny and Cole sounded like such a jackass but because Claudio and Sin Cara were having a nice little match and I'm pretty sure a really cool sequence was happening while the announcers were arguing with each other.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

oldpainless posted:

It's just another territory for Vince to put out of business.

I probably laughed too hard at this.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Gavok posted:

I probably laughed too hard at this.

If he managed it he'd get his wife super over with the GOP for future elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

STAC Goat posted:

I doubt anyone could really take offense from that (well, people ca take offense to anything).

Nationalism is a powerful thing, and Puerto Rican pride is relatively passionate as well. PR even had an internal vote last year to make themselves the 51st state (which would still have to pass in DC to be official). WWE's held both live TV events and PPVs there, for gently caress's sake. I'm pretty sure Cole was AT them. So the fact that Cole doesn't know this AT ALL as the main voice of the company's flagship show makes them look phenomenally bad in the Hispanic community, which is a major demographic. I'd be surprised if he hasn't taken a lot of poo poo for it, but I don't follow him on Twitter so I don't know if there was any social media backlash.