Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
WERR TAKIN' OVER!

:goon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
lonerogue
I was totally convinced as a kid that Kwang would be a huge star @SavioVega

@SavioVega
@lonerogue politics of the 2 vince

One more for the good guys.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
This is awesome.

#WrestlingPickUpLines

quote:

jimmykorderas Jimmy Korderas
I'm going to blow my big comeback on you! #WrestlingPickUpLines

quote:

ShaneHelmsCom Gregory Shane Helms
RT @Jillybeanjab: I've stretched more men in bed than Stu Hart did in the Dungeon. Try me. #WrestlingPickupLines @IWantWrestling - - Diz-amn

quote:

realkevinkelly Kevin Kelly
Don't you know how to face the Hard Camera? #WrestlingPickUpLines

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Flameingblack posted:

She was being a pain on an EU tour, partying too hard, getting late to the shuttles and all kinds of stuff. Same thing Serena Deeb was fired for.

She also threw a justified fit about how she wasn't allowed to pursue a music career while also doing her WWE career but it doesn't make up for the poo poo she was deservedly blamed for.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

MacDougall posted:

Lol that was entirely justified. Why would WWE want one of it's commodities to publicly embarrass themselves by releasing some of the worst musical garbage of all time? I can totally see why WWE blocked the move.

Fozzy sucked and so did Jillian Hall's iTunes debut.

It's actually just another example of how "Independent Contractor" doesn't mean poo poo.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Moose Bigelow posted:

It also solidifies my view that we've gone from the attraction being the wrestlers to the attraction being the promotion.

This was a fight that started between Hogan and Vince of what was the real star of the show.

It took the Attitude era to prove it, but Vince eventually did.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Hogan is just an idiot in terms of whoever he employs as his agent. Him never going to sitcoms bewilders me just like Ric Flair not appearing in rap videos.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

sexy_trash posted:

There is something so low rent and crappy about being in TNA or whatever it's called now. It's like all they want to be is like WWE (instead of indies and ROH wanting to be about a wrestling product) but they fail so miserably to have any pop culture relevance. No matter what you do in TNA, unless you're AJ Styles, you're business card reads FORMER WWE SUPERSTAR.

The best guys in TNA are almost always the guys who either still have something to prove in the business and got released by WWE before they could do it or the guys who never worked in WWE and have proved themselves as viable commodities in TNA.

The only exception to this is like Kurt Angle.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Ravingsockmonkey posted:

Oh Punk :allears:

Somebody didn't call after sleeping with a barrista.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

quote:

steveaustinBSR Steve Austin
@IAmJericho I'm still following you kid...and I've known youve had nothing to say for years...

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Flameingblack posted:

Mason Ryan isn't a very good wrestler, but he's self aware, and people always have awesome things to say about him, as a person. I remember hearing so much about how humble he was when he won the FCW title, saying that he wasn't ready and he was a terrible wrestler. He didn't think he was ready from TV either.

I respect that, and people that are aware of their flaws like that tend to get better. Welchtista might be as good, or better, than the real thing some day.

I have a lot of respect for him as well and feel bad for his situation. If he complains about the way they've developed him they'll likely can him.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Flameingblack posted:

Regardless of what he does, should you all lower yourselves to cyber bullying DM Punk around by calling him names and sneering? He's not following these girls around or making obscene comments at or about them, there are much worse than DM Punk on the internet. Don't pick on Dave, #beastar

There is absolutely worse, it starts with H and ends with T. #tWo

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Looks like someone got his amazon wish list filled.

Good point.

UHHH I LOVE DMPUNK!

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Gonzo McFee posted:

You know who likes guys with lots of money that they can throw around? Women. Get yourself one of those.

He needs one that will put him in a head scissors.

EDIT: I promise to stop mocking DMPunk if he purchases t-shirts for everyone in the #tWo that either says, "HulkaMatt must die" or "The Moose is Loose: RealLinda2012"

Paper Jam Dipper fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 17, 2011

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Tommy Dreamer is going to weigh 77lbs after all of the fat jokes the world delivers to him. We're going to drive Tommy to anorexia.

He'll look like Tod Gordon in no time!

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Cardboard Box posted:

Was one of them Kelly Kelly?

Kelly Kelly is sick of people saying she needs to learn to wrestle and is going to prove it for all of the models out there that they can achieve anything!*

*integrity not included

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Army of Darkness II: The Army of Hulkamaniacs would be a fine film indeed.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Saint Jimmy posted:

Anyone else think it's kinda strange that CM Punk talks to the girl from Paramore on twitter? I wouldn't think Paramore would be his kind of thing. I know people can have eclectic musical tastes, but Punk has a Bouncing Souls tattoo, Shouts out Sick Of It All before every match, and is in an H20 video. Just seems strange.

Before my MP3 player broke, the last five songs I believe were "Eyes" by Naked and Famous, "Revolution is my name" by Pantera, a Chrono Trigger instrumental, "Cuntry Boner" by Puscifer and "Party Rock" by LMAO.

Music taste for people is finally expanding to where you don't have to sit in one genre and stew in it. You can actually expand to other stuff and admit you like a pop song without losing your cred.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

Oh shiiiiiit! Ziggy dropping haterbombs! My cred! :cry:

There was a vote to kick you out of the tWo. You're still in the tWo.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Kevin Von Erich just got twitter and decided to shoot.

KevinVonErich1 Kevin Von Erich
The WWE supercard last night was bad. The cage used to be for the blow off to a big feud. Now they use it to set up the next TV taping.Sad

Texas has produced some great talent................. Mark Henry is not one of them. drat he is boring.

Texas produced great talent like @ShawnMichaels_ . Although he was a real jerk as a human being.

Undertaker is a true pro.

@IAmJericho Is another guy I never saw anything in. He is a prima donna.

Jericho counters

IAmJericho Chris Jericho
At least i wore boots in the ring :) RT @KevinVonErich1

And Kevin fires back:

KevinVonErich1 Kevin Von Erich
@
@IAmJericho But you didn't wear a good attitude

OH SNAP

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I think he quickly deleted the last one.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Hiram posted:

On the plus side...we'd get to watch Danielson in ROH again!

On the other hand....the pay.

I don't know--do you think he's making a whole lot more than he did in the indies?

Danielson would be able to command more money now on the indies and especially for Japan and Europe bookings. He could probably convince the Sinclair's to pay him top ROH dollar too. He'd be fine going back to the indies.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Hiram posted:

Oh that's good!

Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that he's gotten the exposure he's gotten in the WWE--but they've watered him down and it's really frustrating to see someone as talented as Dragon get overlooked like he has been.

If they keep treating him like they are now, I'd much rather see him somewhere that he'll get the kind of respect he deserves.

It's why I'm so apprehensive about Claudio and Hero going to the WWE.

Honestly, the best thing for the wrestling world would be for WWE to keep factory pumping talent and only occasionally signing top indie talent. Every once in a while they are going to find an exceptional athlete like Ziggler and Swagger who just get the wrestling thing fast and become good hands for them, but otherwise they'll have a truck load of leftover GQ models and guys who wanted to be in MMA but couldn't find to choose from and pay as independent contractors. That would leave the wrestlers to, you know, wrestle. Maybe the life won't be as glamourous but at least they won't have to hear some guy in the middle of the ring say they FIGHT instead of WRESTLE.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Jerusalem posted:

Based on that solo AOL chat that Vince did that one time, I'd love to see him posting tweets, getting furious when nobody replies because he doesn't understand how it works and going on a tirade against nobody.

Or he'd be a cheery old man being excited that AC/DC decided to follow him and posting pictures of his grandkids. All would be fine until someone calls him Lupton Jr...

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Gonzo McFee posted:

Fired and awesome.

You have to wonder what the morale is like right now.

I bet you it's mysteriously picked up with so many people glad they can openly bash the company.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

VanSandman posted:

What would happen if they did form a union?

They would start carrying 2x4's.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Quick someone make a Bioshock reference. :foxnews:

Abyss could play as a Big Daddy in a Bioshock movie.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

Kennedy's body looks like mediocre leather. Like the leather I'd find at a Dress Barn.

That's nearly every wrestler. Even CM Punk is now sporting an ugly tan.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Jerusalem posted:

That really is a :unsmith: moment for me, I'm so happy at the success Vickie has had as a character and I can't help but think that Eddie would have loved seeing her get such heel heat.

He likely would have been jealous. Only Eddie can be the most hated!

(jealous in a good way)

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
It's all a worked shoot these days.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Borh posted:

Yeah, that's all very nice, but what exactly does it accomplish aside from maybe JR killing a couple of boring hours at the airport and getting some stuff off his chest?

It allows the WWE to try to blur the lines between work and shoot. It's what they believe made CM Punk's whole thing a success. It wasn't his delivery or the fact he was speaking for a large portion of the crowd that wasn't being heard (which Daniel Bryan actually did during NXT as well), it was just people love worked shoots so lets have everyone do worked shoots! Let's have everyone on twitter seem like disgruntled employees so you never know which ones actually are or not! It's all a blur! Kayfabe in social media! Whee!

Anyway, to answer your question, it's a distraction. That is the accomplishment.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I want a SLATER HATERS shirt with Dick Slater on it.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Sue Denim posted:

Seeing the Iron Shiek twitter reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask for ages. Does Shiek get that he's making a fool of himself every time he does any kind of appearance? I always got the impression he has too much pride to consider that the smarky following he has is ironic to a degree.

Nope, he completely understands.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

maniacripper posted:

I wonder how much poo poo he's had to eat after that shoot interview with him and Billy Gun burying the poo poo out of Hunter. Saying they'll beat the piss out of him if they ever cross paths again, etc... But good for him, I always liked Road Dogg.

"It was all Monty. I was high."

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Tap him for one mana.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Cardboard Box posted:

David Otunga actually seems like a very intelligent fellow.

If he was truly smart he would have cut a better season finale promo.

Or rather, he's not as smart as a bare knuckle fighter.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

DMPunk posted:

See, this is just the thing people assume about why I do stuff like this and its 100% wrong. I just want to do good things for good people. I also buy their merch, go to live shows, support the companies they work for, and I even donate to charities they are involved with. If that makes me a bad guy or weird, whatever. I dont have a problem with it, the wrestlers dont have a problem with it. Only people that seem to have a problem with it is some of you guys.

There's nothing wrong with what you're doing. It's a little misguided with your money but there's nothing fundamentally wrong with it. Afterall, it's your money.

But you have to understand why people are going to rip on you about it. It's going to come with the territory.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

sportsgenius86 posted:

The Wishlists make me think less of the people creating them than anyone else.

Funny you said that, because this very thread inspired me to make one.

And it's lead to talk about this product: http://www.amazon.ca/TNA-Wrestling-DVD-Board-Game/dp/B00460ZQWM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2VY49X0PPUEG5&colid=2DL2W35AEK8OB

I mean, good god.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Looked for this on youtube but couldn't find it.

I found a link to it but Nickelodeon had pulled it. Jim Duggan and the Giant were also on the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

coconono posted:

Austin Aries is defending TNA on twitter. Wait. what?

http://twitter.com/#!/austinaries

Austin Aries is one of the best used guys in TNA right now. They've done nothing wrong with him. He has every reason to defend the company at this point.