Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Based on every single shoot video from someone who was in JCW, NWA, WCW and that one chapter in Foley's "have a nice day," Dusty really can't be speaking from experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

apsouthern posted:

Might only make sense to a few of you, but...

And, for the blissfully unaware among you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbBg-MMui9M

The happiest moment of my childhood was when PJ got blinded in that episode of Byker Grove. The added wrestling link is that this song was produced by Simon Cowell during his "I can make a pop song using any celeb" stage that began with the WWF.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

More importantly Chris Brown while a crazy shithead has a pr team smart enough not to agree to angle that is "I'm a wife beater." It's two guys having a disagreement on twitter and the WWE is smart enough to cash in on the mild amounts of mainstream attention its getting.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Primo has the worst luck in family members/tag team partners.

WWEEpico posted:

Can you believe this @LaRosaMendes ? Every single WWE title was on The Wrestlemania PPV. But the WWE tag champs get the Pre-show

I thought this was WRESTLEmania.... Not CONCERTmania... Who did Flo-rida and that MGK beat??? I guess they beat the tag champs

Not only the tag champs get left out of wrestlemania... We weren't even on Raw and it looks like we won't be on smackdown either...

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Last I heard Rikishi was promoting shows with HUlk Hogan and Umanga on the bill. That was in the last couple of months.

Guy is as carny as they come.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I really got how much he mellowed out when I heard the week of radio shows he did last year and "Ric Flair" called in. I giggled a lot at "if anyone in the world is qualified to talk about hosed up families it's me, Ric your family is hosed up."

He then proceeded to make Hogan jokes for an hour.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I like how Heyman talks about it not being politics when in like his third tweet he praises himself for his political successes.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Don't expect Steiner to make anymore TNa posts for a while. TNA's taken legal action against him.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Bocc Kob posted:

How do you take legal action against a guy saying he doesn't like a couple people on the internet? :psyduck:

They're claiming breach of contract from his 2010 deal that included "forbidden from making public statements, including tweeting, concerning TNA or any of its officers, wrestlers, or other individuals without prior approval" as a clause.

So either he's still under contract, or they have some magical contract.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I now have this image of Rock attempting to watch a ROH IPPV on his laptop stuck in my head.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I can't remember the exact wording, but he made this comment about him being at a show elevated it because the fans knew it must be good for him to be there.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Jake Roberts takes credit for Austin 3:16. Though based on Austin's own interviews he's at least partially correct.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

He's pretty terrible but someone is writing the current TNA and I don't know who it would be other than Bischoff.

David Lagana is their head writer. Bischoff is just an executive producer.

Note in TV land Executive producer normally means "Head writer" but TNA actually has a formularised head writer role, and no one exactly knows what Bischoff actually does for his paycheque.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

In 20 years that will be Dolph Ziggler.

edit: assuming he makes it that long.

I don't know, Storms win loss record is a bit better.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The_Rob posted:

Ummmm didn't ROH fans chant don't come back to matt hardy? Or was that Jeff? I know one of the hardyz got told to not come back by the fans.

Jeff got the don't come back treatment. Matt was actually pretty well recieved during his short run. He had a really fun match with Roddy.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

It's ok because a week later Kurt would be on the radio saying how he really doesn't want to go back to WWE and is super happy, but if he were to go back he thinks he could draw lots of money against Punk.

And then the hacker strikes again and the cycle begins all over.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, I was so happy when the word "Tosser" was used. Imagine Sheamus and DrewMac feuded. "AWAE BEN, YA WEE TADGER."

Every day I pray that somewhere in Glasgow theres a 6 foot 250 pound ned waiting for his big call up. Then endless promo's.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Bocc Kob posted:

Colt can play serious too. On one of his podcasts, they talked about how he turned heel at one show and tried to rape people during his match.

Apparently Ian Rottens response to that was "how about we turn you face again."

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Punk's athiest prematch promo before he faced AJ Styles was a thing of beauty it must be said. "I don't spend my Sunday mornings nursing a hangover, sitting in a drafty building, praying to a god I know doesn't exist."

AJ looked a little too convincingly pissed about it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

It's knd of amusing considering they lifted the Aries heel turn completely from Punk's.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Tyler's Cena stories did introduce me to one that I hadn't heard before, that Alex Riley got depushed because he didn't show Cena proper respect. On the other hand he did show hustle and loyality so theres hope for him yet.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Cena is in a bizzare voice of the auidence role, in that whatever he says is what the babyface announcers believe to be true but is at the same time clearly an unreliable narrator. The Hogan role.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I think it was Punk who said "you wake up in the morning to find out you have been mentioned in a tweet by Jericho while you were sleeping, you know he must've been drinking."

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Got to love Ohno giving Jay Brisco a shout out on twitter as well. "Terry Funk ain't wear no MouthPIECE"

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I'm trying to work out if Kurt started really early this morning or is still drunk from last night.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

incredible bear posted:

Was this actually confirmed as the problem or did Goons just "2+2=5"? Like, I'd get it if Striker used a term like "heel" or "face" or even "kayfabe", a term Vince himself liked to toy around with on commentary, but "marking out" seems so comparatively innocent to such terms.

According to sources Striker before this point had been read the riot act on "putting himself over at the expense of the product" and the Royal Rumble call was the last straw. Though as much as anything he was just the coommentary teams whipping boy, all of them being complete bully's as the "what they didn't want you to see" videos have shown.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Kurts been drinking again. Edge might want to look over his shoulder for a wee bit.

quote:

So Edge Is Concerned About My Neck. Edge Had fusion. I did not. His Career Ended. Mine Didnt.
Edge Should Have Listened to Me and Had My Surgery. He Would Still Be Wrestling. like Me. My Neck Is 100 Percent fine. Speak 4 Yourself...
And to My Longtime friend, Edge, May GOD Bless You.
I Love Edge. Always Will. We're Cool

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

It's amusing to me that Mr "you can't criticise a match unless you've ever had the experience of working one" is busy criticising Boston PD.

How many criminals you caught Aries? Been in a high speed pursuit?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

For the record in the space of five minutes following MRT suggesting I ask A double these pressing questions, he blocked me on twitter despite me not having mentioned anything about him on twitter ever.

I'd like you to imagine for a second a man so thin skinned that not only did he take offence at a cheap joke at his expense, but was so moved by it that he checked back in the thread to look up my twitter name so he could block me.

The man you're picturing is the greatest man who ever lived. Austin Aries.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Not to belabor the subject, but the Scorpio Sky tweets are worth capping.

Lets not forget that Scorpio Sky got himself blackballed from the WWE with them even going so far as to make a press release that he would never be employed by them over those tweets.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Bocc Kob posted:

Demanding people put up a shallow facade because someone can't handle words is the exact opposite of being open-minded and accepting and only encourages the mindset it's supposedly combating.

Jack Evans in his prime couldn't pull off the gymnastics you're doing right now.

Also Hulk Hogan is not very good at not walking into traps. He just retweeted this:

quote:

@HulkHogan Just saw your version of Leader of the Gang. Awesome. Any chance of a RT for a fellow Gary Glitter fan?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Carlito got drunk/hacked/dirtsheeted.

quote:

Just watched RAW, two members of the group need to stop believing in THE SHIELD & start believing in THE GYM!
— carlito (@Bodyguylito) May 21, 2013

That third member though...big fan!!!

Dirt sheets, stop trying to start sh*#% with my tweets! These just f'n jokes! Leave me in the land of irrelevance where Im happy! Thank you

Those loving dirtsheets.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

VogeGandire posted:

...Saraya Knight REALLY doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would support Maggie.

I hate to break it to you but the Knight's have a reputation for not being very nice people.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The Knights probably deserve their own place in the carny thread but its strongly rumoured that they've been involved in right wing politics for years, and by right wing I mean that I'm shocked that they don't think Thatcher was too liberal.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Ah Christ, we're not going the full EDL/Stormfront here, are we?

That end of the spectrum, or so the rumours say. Basically the family have a real reputation in Norwich for being thugs with both Ricky and Zebra kid having spent time inside for assualt (Zebra's case being mildly famous as he got sent down the third time for headbutting a referee unconcious at a football match after he got sent off).

They're really not very nice people, and if you ever find a conversation where their name comes up on the internet in a negative light Ricky Knight is sure to be found there trying to intimidate anyone who mentions it.

If I get a chance tomorrow I'll do a proper effort post for the carny thread.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

MassRanTer posted:

So Saraya Knight's gimmick is a toned down version of her real personality?

Very much so. Though shes been on her best behavior ever since her last twitter rant about "the steroid culture in the WWE" nearly got Paige shitcanned.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Various guys have made throwaway references to the amount of time Khali spends on the internet, mostly because with his mobility issues he just sits around backstage and plays on his phone to not get bored.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Not so much. Naylors loved by the company, the only reason he's not with them at the moment is because they relocated NXT's base and he wasn't willing to move full time to the new location due to personal reasons.

He's welcome back at any time.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Didn't they only move like 20 miles away?

Pretty much. They also offered him all sorts of endorsements to stay. Theres a theory that he left now because in the near future he would be moved to the creative for the main shows which involves more traveling.

No one exactly knows exactly his reasons, but it seems to have been his choice more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

They used him once and edited the match off the DVD, they used a lot of guys once.

Who was the weirdest one shot? ICP?