Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I'd like to join this Twitter World Order! @kidshowbiz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Happy Happyist posted:

Dear WWE, I would like a Flippy Four Way match between Gabriel, Kofi, Bourne and Trent. Thanks.

I wish they'd use Trent better. :(

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Sue Denim posted:

I can't believe Justin Gabriel isn't on TV more, I can't think of a better looking wrestler (particularly one that looks athletic but not like a HGH hoss)... ever. Plus he is totally passable in the ring and works just as if not better than a lot of people in WWE with regular TV spots.

From memory from the time he broke away from Nexus for a while I started to see pre-teen and teenage girls with signs for him. I would have thought this would be particularly valuable since this is a market WWE seems have have had very little success with in recent years.

Maybe he's not good enough on the mic? I really wish they'd push their smaller guys more, it might actually be good for business. Do the WCW thing, get people excited by opening with some Cruiserweights, maybe the first couple matches, then they'll be hot for the bigger guys.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Minitrue posted:

I got:

"Legit can't be worse than 'vege chicken' or Nash. Not a good day for his Amiga up to the internets?"

"Punk and done, thanks for the vacuum of the first time since i enjoyed your hair from behind."

"Raging Bull In My Pants ... and cut a 7 foot rabbit, that puppy. thanks john hmmm...."

I got:

Because we just didn't know Darth Maul was gonna keep running till the Broncos.

Welp, screw all of the 60s. Pretty cool stuff. Still recovering from strep and REGGIE BUSH DID A RECORD?

Never change Colin, you're not realizing that Mark Sanchez is trolling all he is trolling all that I hate?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Raven is trolling the poo poo out of people again.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Oatgan posted:

At this point I think the only person in the world who hasn't completely given up on Scott Hall (including Scott himself) is Kevin Nash and even then he's probably already prepared for his death

Scott gave up on himself a long time ago, apparently.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

MassRayPer posted:

Uh, no not at all. The Tough Enough guys were put through exhausting trials to soften them up for angle and then were put in with Angle with the idea that Angle would humble them. It wasn't supposed to be a work, it was supposed to be real, which is why they worked the guys to the point of exhaustion before hand. Puder just had the ability to fight back.

I sometimes wonder how things would have gone if the ref (Lil Naitch?) hadn't caught on and rang the bell because Puder's shoulder was on the mat. Otherwise, Angle would have eventually tapped, and the WWE would have been in a frenzy.

Rags to Liches fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 22, 2012

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Perigryn posted:

Angle's stubborn, he'd rather get his arm broken than tap. WWE had to protect him from himself (which TNA has tended to fail at doing, given all his outbursts).

True. What would have happened? Would the WWE have tried to shove it under the rug and fire Puder immediately, or would they have pushed him as 'The Guy Who Snapped Angle's Arm' and let him ride that however far it took him?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Grandpa Pap posted:

Pretty much this. If Puder had forced Angle to tap or broken his arm, that would have instantly spelled the end of his time in WWE. There are very few individuals on the roster that WWE (like most every other wrestling promotion) would allow to get away with going into business for themselves like that, whether it was justified or a misunderstanding or whatever. Puder at that time drat sure wasn't one of 'em.

If they'd have pushed him it would have set the precedent that the best way to get a push was to go out and embarrass (or legit injure) a top star, and I don't think any promotion wants to open up that can of worms.

True. I guess maybe I thought they'd have been willing to take a chance on him as a legitimate threat to ANYONE if that had happened, but that's just dumb wishful thinking on my part. Maybe that would have worked in a shoot-style puro fed. I think he'd have done great in BATTLARTS or some other shooty fed.

Rags to Liches fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Mar 22, 2012

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Perry Normal posted:

I have to agree with all of this, particularly the stooges as Nursie, holy frigging lol.

But who's Flashheart?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

MrBling posted:

If Rikishi is still running that Nu-Wrestling Evolution in Italy I think he's short on money.

They just cancelled two shows in Spain and their big show in England which was co-promoted with IPW:UK resulting in IPW having to try and re-negotiate with Carlito and Chris Masters so they could still be on the show. Kevin Nash was supposed to be there but I guess he had a special thing with Nu-Wrestling because IPW:UK said they couldn't honour his agreement with NWE.

Wasn't Alex Wright running that for a while? I know he's running a wrestling school somewhere though.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Glitterbomber posted:

Yea of all the old dudes he has one of the best reasons to be bitter as all hell, so it's nice to see the dude has a good handle on his life.

He doesn't even hold a grudge against Goldberg for ending his career with that stiff as gently caress mule kick.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

MassRayPer posted:

Accidents happen in wrestling and that wasn't the only thing that ended his career, working through the concussion and suffering multiple concussions in hardcore matches a week or two later made it impossible for him to ever wrestle again.

I don't think Bret realized anything was wrong with him till he suffered the other concussions.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Paul Bearer loving owns.
One of the nicest people I've ever met ever in the entire history of my meeting famous people.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Flameingblack posted:

That's better than my answer to that question was.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Edwardian posted:

And yet, coconono is not blocked?

I haven't been blocked either, but no one in their right mind would block kid showbiz.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

bobkatt013 posted:

You ask

Steiner gives no fucks about these lawyers.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Happy Happyist posted:

By: Justin LaBar

Reads exactly like a WrestleZone headline.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Perigryn posted:

Horrifying? That's awesome. Mark's kids will grow up to be calm, collected, and cool like dubbloseven.

Whereas Jay's spawn will grow up to fit right in a Deliverance remake.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Flameingblack posted:

Why isn't Yoshi a bigger deal? He beat the poo poo out of Sheamus in a backstage fight once!

I guess the moral is don't kick someone's rear end if said someone is Trips' workout buddy.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Lone Rogue posted:

Lesnar worked with Perfect on the road a lot. You can find one of their dark matches on YouTube.

They travelled together too, didn't they?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Bocc Kob posted:

I do watch wrestling to laugh, but that skit was pretty atrocious.

Kane saved it from being truly horrible.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

VogeGandire posted:

I'd like to believe, when Undertaker puts his kids to bed, he has to do the eye-roll and tongue thing, while Michelle turns the lights out and just illuminates him with a flashlight.

"Kids, it's time for bed. REST IN PEACE."

Also Paul Bearer cackling madly for no reason.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

KungFu Grip posted:

Last I heard both Bubba and Dvon are very bitter towards WWE so I dont see them showing up anytime soon.

I think they were just bitter towards Johnny Ace for not being willing to pay them what they were actually worth at the time or something.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Kenta Kobashi was never good enough to be in the WWE or TNA. Crimson and Mason Ryan, on the other hand...

Also, The Destroyer, Nick Bockwinkel and Bruiser Brody suck compared to Dino Bravo, Duke Drosse and Barry Horowitz.

And Kenny Omega is a poor man's Santino Marella.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Red is Dead posted:

I was having a really lovely morning until I saw this. That just made my day. Thanks for that.

Likewise.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Seymour Buttz posted:

Isn't it pretty well known that the Iron Sheik account isn't actually him tweeting? What's the point?

I think he has his agent do it for him. Far as I know it's all verbatim though.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Perigryn posted:

Jericho taught Yoshi how to play the intro to "Smoke on the Water" some weeks ago. Guess Yoshi's getting serious about learning to play the guitar now :3:

Yoshi's also been busting his rear end learning English. :3:

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I'm @kidshowbiz cause the OP hasn't been updated with my new forums name

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Stallion Cabana posted:

He has a hole for his mouth.

Sin Cara has no mouth hole.

How can he possibly eat.

Don't question the wonders of Sin Cara.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

nasboat posted:

no, they don't need to do this.

No no they can totally make it work if he talks!

(with his fists)

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, at least Del Rio had the balls to get his poo poo kicked in by CroCop, Batista rolled around with a guy that looked like his dad.

Plus Del Rio snapped Watanabe's arm with a belly to belly in his debut.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Sionistic posted:

Isnt the first thing most schools teach is how to bump?

Bump, rope-running, footwork and cardio.

That's how I got trained at first.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Shima Honnou posted:

Actually that translates to "I'm not joking, bitch", as in, "I could kick your rear end for real, bitch." Or, "Shut up, bitch", depending on regional differences, I'm not sure where in Mexico Del Rio's legit from.

Wiki says San Luis Potosi. Don't know how that factors in to his dialect, since I don't speak Spanish or know much about the dialectic variations of Mexico.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Mob posted:

Cesaro has always seemed like the kind of guy who would legit overpower and murder you with a "why are you making me do this" look on his face.

He'll swing you and swing you and swing you until all your limbs fly off in different directions.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Sanguinia posted:

I never really understood why that particular "anatomy as pejorative," was considered to be head and shoulders above every other one in the English language. Nobody blanches when someone gets called a cock or an rear end in a top hat.

It's viewed much worse in the States than it is in the rest of the English-speaking world for some reason.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

The_Rob posted:

Well what does it matter if they aren't getting used and probably won't get used?

Because this is a dumb industry where other promoters will steer clear of people airing out dirty laundry.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

The_Rob posted:

What other promoters? You're telling me a promoter won't put former wwe superstar Big E on a flyer to sell a few extra tickets? Dixie will hire literally any one, and most promoters will hire any bitter dickhead if it means it will make them a few bucks.

I've worked for a few who would, and a few who wouldn't. Not every promoter is going to take a chance on risking someone bashing them later, because that's a potential earnings-killer if word gets out that you're a shitheel and suddenly people you're counting on booking as major draws turn you down as a result. The super-sleazy indie guys won't have a problem, but I've worked for several guys who wouldn't touch a situation like that with a stick because of the potential heat.

Basically, this is a weird industry.

Rags to Liches fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 21, 2014

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

coconono posted:

He looks directly at the camera and with a straight face says "my style is kick." How could you expect them to turn that into a comedy gimmick?

Or how could you expect Kenta not to kick their ribs in when someone brings that up to him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Dancing Peasant posted:

If a tree hollers in a forest, can anyone hear it?

If that tree is Scott Steiner, we can all hear.