Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

David Otunga posted:

I LOVE IT!!! Ha ha!! RT @EVCFresno: @DavidOtunga http://twitpic.com/95pb07

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Heyman: @WWE ‪#Raw1000‬ @CharlieSheen is ‪#LEAVING‬ the Twitterverse. Of all the things Charlie needs 2 quit, he picks TWITTER?!?

So Sheen apparently drops Twitter right before he's supposed to be Raw's Twitter ambassador? I don't know who to :lol: towards/weep for.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Something tells me he does. Even though the apology was a little disingenuous, I don't think the initial tweet really came from a place of malice or hatred.

I've said it before in the other thread, but at least he didn't use the stupid cop-out "IF I offended anyone" line.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Quarex posted:

It certainly seems suspicious, and that was probably what he meant, but he said "understood English well enough," and considering I have had problems with boring white people understanding what I say at Starbucks, I actually read it as "these stupid kids today" initially as well.

Though the idea that someone hearing Jim Ross talk for the first time would be 100% likely to understand him is probably the missing link here. The first time you hear someone speak perfect English with a new accent, you might be confused enough to need them to repeat it. Might!

"I'd like a small coffee."

"Our tall-small, or our short-tall? Is that bold, medium, or blond?"

"What in sam hell are you talking about? I said a small coffee."

All sorts of things can go wrong at a Starbucks.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Two guys are ribbing each other over Twitter, nobody needs to have a Gobbledy Gooker over it folks.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Matt Striker ‏@Matt_Striker_
Jack Swagger...Illuminati...New World Order....population control ...Martial Law ...FreeMasons ...all good for you.

Matt Striker ‏@Matt_Striker_
Most people don't deserve rights n need ppl like Swagger/Coulter to tell them what's good for them. #InternmentCamps #MartialLaw

I have a feeling he was trolling.

Striker's been going Republican Heel on Main Event or whatever other shows he still commentates on, but I can't for the life of me remember the context of it (probably a Cesaro or del Rio match). I'm fairly sure it's part of his character at the moment, which of course doesn't say anything one way or the other about what his actual political leanings are (not that I care).

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

LightsGameraAction posted:

This pissed me off so loving much. Michael Cole and Lawler would both start literal pissing matches with him because he would correct them when they called spots in the ring and actually bother to put over the guys in the ring instead of plugging inane bullshit. They just wouldn't shut the gently caress up and let him do the thing all 3 of them were supposedly getting paid to do.

Figurative pissing matches, otherwise we would have had a whole series of additional problems.

"Well, not literally kicked his head off. His head is still on his shoulders. Figuratively is the word you're looking for." God I loved it when Striker went all :eng101: on Lawler.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Punk at the Blackhawks game

Pretty sure Punk is half-trolling wrestling fans by not mentioning WWE in any shape or form. Last thing he tweeted was "see you Monday for Game 3!" or some such.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Sorry, what does "timing a match" mean, other than yelling "this match took five minutes and 45 seconds!" and how would it ruin the end to a match?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

ROH did a tag match with Misawa, Kenta, Marufuji and Morishima as a main event and it was a 30 minute draw. The finish sees Misawa and I think Morishima battling for a big move to lead to the nearfall at the time limit, except GLF and crew start chanting 10 9 8 7... as they set up. The wrestlers are kind of left unable to do the move they planned as these dumbfucks have killed the timing of the match.

My god, that's some amazing level of asshattery there.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

CM Punk posted:

Just poo poo my britches on smackdown. Please RT.

Tuesday tapings!

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I didn't realize I need to follow Chris Sims during pay-per-views (or in general, I guess)

Chris Sims ‏@theisb Rollins's tactical vest is full of candy to keep him charged up, just like Yoko from Go-Busters.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Tyson Tomko posted:

FORTUNE FOUR FORTUNE FOUR

That looks like it could actually have been a really good stable. TNA f'd it up, didn't they?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

:vince:

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

oatgan posted:

yeah a quick glance reveals him to be a huge douche or someone still stuck in his 2010 heel gimmick

Some people drink the "WWE Superstar (tm)" line a little too seriously, it seems.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
"do your job" hehe

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

What's the... kanji? hashtag mean, by the way?

There's a "1" there so I'm just going to believe it says "#1 Announcer."

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

The337th posted:

DDP is the most positive carny, which comes off way better than the typical old carny wrestlers.

He was on an interview on CBC Radio last week and was able to turn literally every question he got into a minimum 45-second shill for his latest DDP Yoga DVD or the Jake the Snake doc he's working on. It was kind of awesome and frustrating at the same time.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

That DICK! posted:

because it's a seasonal item and is currently out of season

this press conference is over

The PSL syrup/potion/abomination comes into stores only for the fall. Sometimes it'll come a few weeks before they launch the seasonal marketing blitz. There's no secret code other than "did you get the PSL in yet?" and if anyone tells Punk otherwise they're probably going to end up giving him and AJ an untested and "improvised" beverage.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

DM Punk posted:

So, Vader's twitter either got hacked or he's just feeling kinda horny today.

https://twitter.com/itsvadertime/status/512067428004536320

I'm a little late to the party on this, but is this definitely his account or a random fake?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

If only WWE were that freaked out about Reigns's injury to do this.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I mean, that is Ric Flair's daughter we're talking about. HHH probably wishes he was the mother.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

theacox posted:

He could be sad that there is president-autographed picture floating around that contains 3 media whores...

Also Kanye smiling, which I've heard is a rare sight.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Personally if WWE just did a 1 hour Divas brand show with Paige, Emma, the Bellas, Natalya, Naomi, Charlotte, Banks, Lynch, and Bayley I'd probably be satisfied and never complain about a RAW Diva segment again.

I still really wished WWE felt motivated to use the Network to test out alternative products like that just to see how it would go over.

I'm pretty sure making an entire 1-hour Divas show that isn't poo poo is a hell of a lot more of a pipe dream than hoping for one not-poo poo Divas segment on Raw each week.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
edit: blargh wrong thread

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Holy crap, he didn't mention Too Cool at all, did he

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
It took me way too long to not read "WWE Champion Chyna??"

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Nice DivX watermark.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
When you think about it, Riley is the least successful Miz protege by a mile.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

Captain Jackass hacked by The Ascension?

That's clearly Stardust.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Delsaber posted:

Gangrel had the perfect opportunity to reenact corn.jpg with his blood goblet and he didn't take it.

Should I google what corn.jpeg is or what

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Tyson Tomko posted:

So I've been out of the wrestling news circle for a few days and I come back to this badassness?

Super Dave John Laurinaitis owns so much #peoplepower

He hashtagged his engagement photo with his wrestling catch phrase.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/639614844858171392

Context: http://kotaku.com/street-fighter-vs-wrestler-has-an-amazing-ability-1728535700

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Owens is feuding with the wrong Hart family.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Dario the Wop posted:

According to Cornette, that's one of the problems with wrestlers these days. They play video games instead of banging groupies, like the good ole days. Speaking of which:
https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/693123296481529856

Didn't Cornette say something about women's wrestling not being profitable because there were fewer women who came there solely to gently caress the dude wrestlers after the show?

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
welp

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/746403464050155520

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Weird, both Matt and Twitter deleted their Brother Neros in a couple of weeks.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

I glossed over it since the quoted tweet doesn't show up, but eh. Still funny

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

AMReese posted:

Uhh... did Paige always dress like that? Because it looks like she's trying to emulate a Kardashian with that outfit.

By wearing ... pants and a jacket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
That tweet didn't single anyone out in the match and fits perfectly with their old-school-is-best heel personas.