Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

OmegaBR posted:

Hell, even Punk's pipebomb and WWE Championship walk out resulted in a job to Triple H, a job in the Hell in a Cell, and then a job as Triple H's tag team partner.

That's on the WWE, though. I think a pipebomb promo is a fun thing every now and then. I enjoyed Punk's, I thought AJ's was okay, but the problem with them is that any follow up in entirely on the WWE's shoulders. If Punk hadn't gotten HHH-ed, that whole story would have been amazing. The pipe bomb attacks the WWE, and if the WWE could get its head out of its rear end they could have done something fun with it.

Honestly though, after AJ's promo I agree the WWE probably needed to send some sort of message backstage to get people to stop copying it. It could be a fun moment every couple of years or so, otherwise you have Miz and Ziggler just bitching every week about how lovely they have it. Even if they do, you gotta capitalize when you're actually rising to the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will hold the torch for Zack Ryder. Outback is tasty.

:smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I still have my Broski headband, and I cherish it dearly.:colbert:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Black Is Black posted:

The "WWE Sign Guy" has been more in the WWE than Colt Cabana.

That dude randomly showed up to an Andrew WK concert this past Saturday in Dallas.

I looked at him, did a double take, then next thing you know he storms the stage and Andrew WK totally goes "let's hear it for WWE Sign Guy!" and my mind just collapsed on itself.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
50 years from now, I will still hold the torch for Zack Ryder's push.

It'll happen...someday...:gbsmith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
CM Punk, crucified in the middle of the ring, with Stephanie threatening to resign him against his will. Who will save him? Glass shatters, AJ runs down and clears house.

The ministry was some dumb, glorious stuff, I tell ya what.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

sticklefifer posted:

I like how as more people speak up, Demott is gradually becoming the Bill Cosby of wrestling.

That's giving him way too much credit. I'm sorry, I just don't see how Demott is somehow more qualified than literally any other has-been who picks up training people. If the WWE wants to keep the retard around, at least explain what he does that's somehow so great for developing young talent. If all they have is "pushes them hard, is an abusive cockhead" for training qualities, they've got the right guy but they could still find thousands more like him.

I guess I'm saying I find Demott completely expendable to the whole developing process, and until someone can explain to me why he's not I'm just gonna keep hoping he gets fired.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't even know what I'd do if I won.

...go, probably.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah but a homophobic douche on the internet deals in enough hyperbole and exaggeration as is that telling them to kill themselves is really just speaking to them in their own language.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wanted to like Riley a long time ago.

Good to know I got away from that when the getting was good.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'll remember AJ because I made her laugh at Axxess. I goon'd it up, acting like I was gonna ask for her number or something dumb like that, and asked for her DS friend code instead.

She then took the time to explain to me how she got in a lot of trouble when she gave out her Xbox Live username on the air. She found it all pretty funny though.

I just made myself sad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

You make all of us sad, buddy.

No doubt. If I can take solace in anything, it's that I was making an awkward joke badly and not being a tone-deaf Twitter perv. Gotta count your blessings somewhere.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I don't wanna be controversial here but Jack Swagger is pretty drat good at being a wrestleman

hot take, but I respect your gusto

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

It may very well be the same joke over and over and over, but I still get a chuckle out of Zack Ryder.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZDar Fan posted:

Was it this one?

Still gets a full on belly laugh from me. His persistence is what gets me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
When the news finally gets 100% confirmed, it's gonna be loving hilarious watching all the backpedaling. I will throw a celebration in Meltzer's honor.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This is a great time for the wrestling twitter thread. Has TNA even noticed they're hitting an iceberg, or is the iceberg collision dead ahead?

Scratch that, I don't want to compare the Titanic to TNA.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yaya posted:

In related news:

I don't know why I find this so funny, but I do. Maybe because the image of Punk actually beating up Hulk Hogan is A+ stuff. I think he could do it, mind you, but still. It'd be really funny to watch.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Booblord Zagats posted:

There's a classic story about Norm MacDonald and Stallone. When MacDonald did weekend update he made a LOT of jokes based around how awful Sylvester's brother Frank was as a singer. Like every weekend update had a shot at Frank, they were great. But Sylvester felt bad for his little brother being a laughingstock and quietly asked Norm while he was meeting the cast before hosting the show, to lay off the Frank jokes as a favor. So Norm had a great idea, he said "I'll do that if you do one sketch I wrote without any changes at all." Sylvester, being a good brother accepted the terms and this, video is what they made

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/bad-stallone-movies/n11010

Seriously it's a funny sketch on it's own, but the story behind it makes it so much better

That is amazing. What a great guy.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

bradzilla posted:

:eyepop:

Now that is a handsome man

He must hide his face under a towel, for fear of impregnating all the women in the audience with but one glance.:swoon:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A drat fine day of wrassle tweets, I say.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I for one could never live with the shame of being talked down to by inuyasha

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

ZenVulgarity posted:

Everyone should tweet at members of The New Day that we want New Day themed Christmas stuff

Especially

NEW

DAY SOCKS

I have helped in this quest.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MrBling posted:

NEW

DAY

SOCKS

I spit out my drink. This is the best.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
nothing matches Bravestar and his speed of the puma

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

does cornette even do anything anymore or is it all podcasts about muslims and cartoon dogs

His surprised face on botchamania is more famous than he himself is

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

epitasis posted:

not sure that makes sense. seems like his face being famous would just compound with his existing fame since it is his face which I would argue is the single physical feature that is most often used to identify someone. if there are any people that are aware of him outside of botchamania, and surely there are many since he has been in the business for a long time and probably was known to older fans that don't follow a web video series, then the addition of those people to people aware of the face would disprove your assumption

We live in a world of internet memes, friend, and I find it more likely Cornette's face has been used as a reaction face and nicknamed something dumb like "SurprisedDad.jpeg"

I mean, I know who he is but I'm also old enough to be familiar with some of his years in the business. Can't say the same for everyone though.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I retweeted the WWE post that nominates Stardust for Superstar of the year. Because it's a thing that can be done, I did it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Porrima posted:

Satan on a mountain, though it was more of a promo battle.

8 Mile was a remake

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cm punk will come back a mega baby face, rip his shirt and tell kids to eat their vitamins

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Good to know random wrestling fan thinks it's okay to just invoke the name of a dude's father because he wants a certain match. Who the hell does he think he is, Vince?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:thurman:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Croc posted:

Peak being when everyone kept tweeting him the gif of owens taking the time out from running away from finn balor to stomp him.
Can we see it again, please? I could use a feel good moment today.:allears:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I hate this man

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

super macho dude posted:

apparently he's better than Daniel Bryan because he beat him last year to headline wrasslemania, jack.

:thurman:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cavauro posted:

these two folks... they deserve to gently caress.....

ya gotta level up until you can unlock the "loving" gameplay

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

It really is a shame the show sold out a long time ago

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wrestling injuries may take his mobility

But they'll never take his smile.:unsmith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Shut the gently caress Up Rovert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I really wish I could see more of David Otunga, in whatever capacity the WWE could offer him. Seems like a cool dude.