Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

gently caress I would have. Eat poo poo JBL. Eat all the poo poo.

Knowing how JBl apparently gets when he’s drunk I probably wouldn’t serve him either tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So Ireland calls fries fries too? Now I know England is just being difficult

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A rough google translate made me love this even more

quote:

There are two horses in the hotel we are staying at this time! Or is it not a field horse? Because there is a hotel side but there is no fence on the road side. Roads where cars usually come and go in front of you! Is it really a wild horse? Mystery ☆ # # Horse!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

lmao

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lol why are Japanese wrestlers so blown away by horses? I’m pretty sure they exist in Japan

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Don’t even need a context for that, it should just be everyone’s standard response to TJ

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Not having any idea who this Mary Kate lady is, is there a decent chance she’s just making it up?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

I looked it up and yep, it's the same Quiet Storm that was banging around opening matches for ROH when they first started like fifteen years ago.

I had no idea the wrestler who named himself after an urban radio format had such a long and varied career!

I thought I remembered his character being “Christian wrestler/“cool” youth group leader” but I think I’d just somehow made that up on my own as a kid watching 2002 ROH dvds. I mean he sounds and looks like someone who would be in a Christian Wrestling org

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Does anyone remember a tweet about Brawl for All triple crown japan?

Was that a dream I had??

Wasn’t it one of those Meltzer bot style accounts?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why are we looking into other forms of renewable energy when we could just hook Bob Backlund up to treadmill and power an entire coastline

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't remember Edge's retirement speech but I do remember the night he and Lita hopped in a bed in the middle of the ring and at one point her boobie accidentally popped out :sweatdrop:

I was there in Hershey with a bunch of my high school friends when it happened and my one buddy was like “wrestling is not what I expected it to be”

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Super No Vacancy posted:

if youre in the wwe and youre mad that they made lovely merch for you youre probably the worlds dumbest idiot

Tbf even in wwe’s history of bad or uninspired shirt designs that one’s a doozy. It looks like something an early 2000s webcomic would put out

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I’m a licensed massage therapist and specialize in Neural Muscular Therapy and fascial work. I can point to studies that show benefits to what I do and I can see the long term difference it makes in my clients range of motion and improvement in areas where they experience pain related to issues with connective tissue but I can’t claim that there isn’t confirmation bias, possible placebo effects etc involved because the science isn’t really there yet. You have to be able to be sceptical about your own work in any field that’s new or under studied, which can be difficult if it’s what you’re trying to make a living doing. I know way too many massage therapists who think they can achieve results that have absolutely no place in what their field of practice claims to do which unfortunately gets wrapped up in how people perceive their methodology for better or for worse.

I’ve had cupping done and it probably does help to break up some minor adhesions towards the surface of the skin and stimulates blood flow in those areas but it’s probably not going to really help much by itself over an extended period of time. That’s just my opinion on it at the moment though, and that could easily change since these kinds of therapies tend to pop up and evolve way faster than people can give them a rigorous field of testing. I wish there was more focus on any sort of physical body manipulation as therapy because it’s not overly helpful to have a bunch of people immediately claiming woo or blindly flocking to whatever new fad appears under the umbrella

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Djarum posted:

Yeah, but Vince is also not going to tank his company over it. He is crazy but not that crazy. But stranger things have happened, especially there.

Vince 100% seems like the type of person who would torpedo his own ship instead of being strongarmed out of controlling it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Jericho stays pretty apoloitical in public and hasn’t said anything pro or negative Trump but I would 100% bet that he has an admiration for another carny’s hustle

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Was this one of those cases of a handful of mods with a million edits each deciding for no reason to fight to the death over something extremely banal so 90% of people reading wrestler wikis would get pissed off? I still find myself checking out wrestler pages to see moves and remembering after the fact that they’ve been gone for years

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

I wish Dustin got those breast implants he wanted in 1999 and kept them.

You were touching yourself while you wrote this weren’t you

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cibernetico

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Would totally watch a reality show about Dave moving back in with his mom

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

One of the worst parts about WWE being the absolute pieces of poo poo they are is that they can make us all look at such a positive message and immediately distrust it.

Just thinking about how hosed up that is.

Is there a silver lining in that they’re at least pushing the not-lovely version of corporate PR in this case? They’re dumbass Republicans who obviously don’t give a gently caress about the fans so I’m honestly shocked we never see build the wall or keep trans people out of the army stuff

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

the escape goat posted:

they released an episode about Cesaro today and the first thing they went off on was the photos of him at the beach with giant pigs.

they're the best.

https://twitter.com/wrestlesplania/status/1141724000919445504

Being in the water with giant pigs sounds like a scenario from Resident Evil moreso than something I would pay money for

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Kevin Nash rules, news at 11

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Eric Andre might be one of the few people on earth who would be able to make Nick Gage feel uncomfortable so I'm all for it. How does Nick feel about dudes dicks being out

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

i legit wanted one of these shirts but they’re sold out

I would buy this and wear it to the flea market and not care at all how sweaty and gross I get in it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Martinpale posted:

Someone should warn Moxley, SUPERHUMMAN is training deathmatch-style...

https://twitter.com/superhumman1234/status/1143549543054741505

I like this guy

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

#TeamMJF

what are you doing

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If you told me that was a picture of Flip from a year ago I’d believe it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don’t mean to sound racist or whatever but the British are disgusting monsters

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

boxcarhobo posted:

Who do I gotta suck for some water out here!?

My favorite part of the fyre festival debacle is how uncritically it was viewed that some water distribution guy was gonna rush out a delivery or whatever if some average looking old man offered to suck his dick

If you want an old dude to suck your dick for free you can just post about it literally anywhere on the internet

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
lol

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Deleted, what’d he say

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What a goober lol

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Did he run around and flip everyone off afterwards?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TheCool69 posted:

Why have checked who he follows? Who cares, they are wrestlers on your TV not your friends. Dont be a fuckin creep

What the heck is this weird reaction lol

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Punk was notorious for being hard to get to interview after the Cabana thing and even the interviews he did he was pretty miserable and combative, so it’s kind of funny for him to pull any sort of “just ask me to my face!” card regardless

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kevino07 posted:

Stupid question, but what benefit would there have been for Becky to have screwed Seth anyway? It's a total dead-end unless they want one of their top faces turning heel and one of their other top faces beating up a woman in 2019.

You’re asking why Vince Russo is fantasy booking something nonsensical and pointless? Do you ask the sun why it rises in the morning and sets at night?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Can he still do the splits

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzZ3eWMiVQk

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Post what you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tato posted:

Sean Waltman is only 5 years older than AJ Styles but based on the generations they rose to prominence in, they might as well be 30 years apart in my mind.

He would’ve fit in fine in the 2000s as an Indy guy if his match with Generico in 2009 is anything to go by