Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

TheHock posted:

Woke up this morning to find that Michael Cole has blocked me on Twitter. Now how will I know the exciting details of his life?

What'd you say to the guy?

I pretty much do nothing but tweet sick burns at Michael Cole so I gotta know where the line in the sand is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

TheHock posted:

On Smackdown, he made fun of Tom Phillips for knowing that the Adam Rose/Bunny feud started on the Halloween Smackdown.

My response:

@MichaelCole come on, man. At least pretend like you pay attention to the product.

There is no hope for me then, Cole is terrible and I don't know why else I would maintain a twitter but to send helpful advice like that to WWE.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Titus had an airtight defense that he was hacked so he had his bases covered.

"Listen up everybody! I was HACKED. How do you spell hack? T.I.T.U.S. That simple."

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

fart blood posted:

It was the cutest, markiest thing I'd heard in years. Kayfabe is alive.

Also she liked Bryan and thought Roman had a cool tattoo.

Roman Reigns is gonna find and seduce your roommate. (Instead of practicing)

Bahleive THAT.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

goc posted:

You would think Dave would have just blocked that rear end in a top hat by now considering they've been arguing for days.

Being on the right side of history is his shield.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If Chris' password wasn't "Twitterisjericho1" I don't even know what to say.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

He mentioned being a big fan of one of the Command and Conquer games in an interview one time.

.....I might be a shallow person but I just changed my opinion on Cena from "somewhat dislike" to "Never Give Up".

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I hate him for what he does for sick children but I love him for liking a video game.

Has way more to do with his in ring work and how much effort and personal touch he puts into his performance.

But love or hate John Cena; you gotta respect his stank rush.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I too hate him for all of his great matches, especially now that he's having them on nearly a weekly basis.

"Great" is a relative term; as a worker in the WWE his performance is very satisfactory because you can't expect him to care more than they do.

As an entertainer and a performer in general though? He leaves a large amount to be desired and frankly the fact that other matches on the product right now aren't as good or better is less a compliment to the "great" matches John is putting on and more an indictment of the actual matches we are getting.

That said as John Cena's new #1 fan so long as he Never Gives Up and maintains his Hustling to the Loyalty with Respect he will always be #1 in my eyes; same as Kane.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

goc posted:

People say things like this and I have absolutely no idea what are we even talking about? Match quality for the TV shows is about as good as it's ever been outside of maybe when The Shield were wrestling in 6 man tags every week.

I think you do get what I'm saying since you said "as good as it has ever been". Now personally I disagree that things are in any way at a zenith with regards to match "quality" but this is arguably not the place to get into a huge debate about that. My major point however was that as a performance what we are getting is not good enough (for me) and so even if you believe that what we are getting is the best it has ever been that is perfectly fine and that might even be true for a company as lovely as WWE but it still isn't as good as it should be and I fail to see how this is even controversial.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

oldpainless posted:

So you think the wrestling should be better, basically?

Basically I was saying that anybody who thinks that this is the peak of wrestling is fine to think that; but that as a show put on with the intent to entertain it is weak and could be much better. This was in the context of Cena's "great" matches which have been fine but are not something to hold up on a pedestal or anything.

The other bit was me saying that what makes a match have quality is a very complex topic that was completely unrelated to "wrestlers on twitter" and so I wasn't gonna get into it deeply.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Zero people think this is the peak of wrestling.

goc posted:

People say things like this and I have absolutely no idea what are we even talking about? Match quality for the TV shows is about as good as it's ever been outside of maybe when The Shield were wrestling in 6 man tags every week.

This is what I was directly responding to.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

MotU posted:

peak implies it can't get any better and nowhere in his statement did he say that

Peak can imply a large number of things including "this is the highest point we have ever reached before" and ultimately I think you and I both know that being pedantic about the exact word peak (which is a metaphor) has absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying and isn't really important here.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

goc posted:

There are different styles of wrestling. This seems to me like you're some huge fan of the ROH or New Japan style or something so you're grading all WWE matches like they're supposed to be working the style you like. That would be like me getting chocolate ice cream and then bitching about how it doesn't taste like strawberry. Maybe WWE just isn't for you.

Because I actually think the match quality on Raw & SD has gotten too high where guys are working just as hard on TV as they are on PPV and it makes the PPVs not feel very special any more. There have been maybe 5 matches on PPV this year that felt like they were real PPV quality, big time matches.

Well you can feel free to believe I am a huge ROH or New Japan style fan; but considering I am not that is probably something you are making up.

sticklefifer posted:

The phrase you were responding to, "about as good as it's ever been", in no way means the highest quality. Overall match quality in midcard has remained pretty consistent over the years, possibly better within the past 5 because midcard are given more time and are allowed to work.

Now please post a lengthy diatribe about the word "as".
I guess my biggest point of confusion here is how you can possibly torture "as good as it has ever been" to not mean "of the highest quality it has ever been" (Note* I am happy we at least are both willing to get past his minor point about believing the shield tag matches were a bit better) but unless you are literally believing that quality and good shouldn't be used synonymously in this case I really can't see it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

goc posted:

What are you even arguing? That the average match quality for Raw & SD sucks?
I guess there is no sense in going back and trying to figure it out since after all there is no possible way to determine the context of what I am arguing. However if you really insist on dragging this out further let me review for you.

*Clicks the back button twice on page selection*

reignofevil posted:

.....I might be a shallow person but I just changed my opinion on Cena from "somewhat dislike" to "Never Give Up".

Ah simpler times. A person said a thing about Cena liking command and conquer and I responded (truthfully BTW) that I looked upon Cena more favorably now. A person interpreted that perhaps I simply hated Cena for all the great work he does with Charity and I responded:

reignofevil posted:

Has way more to do with his in ring work and how much effort and personal touch he puts into his performance.

But love or hate John Cena; you gotta respect his stank rush.

Now when I am talking about in ring work and personal touch I don't give a poo poo that you can hear him call his spots or any of that; I care about the little flavors that make wrestling feel real and Cena puts basically none of that into his work.

This lead to further discussion about how Cena was putting on some great matches and I put forward that those matches were mostly great because they were surrounded by poo poo; and while I personally felt that WWE had done far better in the past at producing an entertaining product; I really wasn't going to hold it against John Cena that much because he is surrounded by a company that obviously doesn't really expect you to do better.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

You can say what you will about me but I never asked a guy "hey please restate your argument to me"; I might be long winded at times but I am not intentionally wasting time like that.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

Because ironic racist gimmicks have worked so well in wrestling in the past.

You sound like one of those guys sneaking across our BORDER.
Edit-

Luigi Thirty posted:

here's an idea: don't do what Havok did in or out of kayfabe

This for real tho.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Apparently JBL blocked me. Huh.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

You start out in 1954 by saying, "Mark, mark, mark." By 1968 you can't say "mark"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like they've never wrestled, funny ain't money, and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now that you're talking about the It Factor, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is that marks get hurt worse than smart fans. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the mark problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to book this," is much more abstract than even the "you never wrestled" thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Mark, mark."

This was actually a pretty pro-read.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

Whether he ends up like Kurt Angle or Chris Benoit may change depending on the outcome.

Daniel would end up flipping out and making everybody Kale.

I wouldn't worry.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Delsaber posted:

The Bella-Cena-Bryan-Ace power bloc is going to take control of the company someday, isn't it.

Watching as the puppetmaster "Nikki Bella's mom" slowly wraps her grip around an increasing WWE fortune is practically the entire reason I am watching Total Divas.

She is like the Emperor Palpatine of the show if you are willing to read between the lines a bit.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

anakha posted:

WWE just acknowledged the engagement on its Twitter account.

Man Rusev the Polygamist is not where I saw this going.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

DM Punk posted:

I wanna hear the "pancake is a sandwich" logic.

It's a grainy meal that uses syrup in a manner not unlike ketchup and it also typically is consumed in stacks; not unlike a sandwich.

Of course all of this breaks down if you just make one gigantic pancake or the second you should attempt to take a bite with a fork and so the point is pretty moot imo.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Dolph gonna Dolph.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I could really go for a hotdog right now but the fact that I know Kane will never serve me one is holding me back.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

:Big E Is The Best:
Keep it... tight

I am gonna sew that tweet into a pillow and put it on my couch.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

They played to his personal strengths is what I mean.

Kind of like how Eva Marie's gimmick is "She sucks and doesn't deserve her spot".

Remember back in July when Eva was actually getting some fan support because she was talking up how much training she was doing and we hadn't seen her wrestle in a while?

I sure do.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

New Day can beat up Superman?

Superbooty is gonna get played by the numbers game.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Gavok posted:

Ricochet watches Death Battle. He knows what's up.

Triggering me irl.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I'll take it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Someone needs to put Daniel Bryan in a Zoo.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We have plenty of places to express genuine emotion and disgust about the recent attack. ( I think. Honestly I wouldn't go into a thread like that if you paid me)

So yeah if you want to know if you should be posting awesome wrestling burns in this thread you probably should imo.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

AMReese posted:

Is this going to be another case where rovert "said" he knew it was fake in another thread and just expects us all to follow his every post?

Because he said no such thing in this thread.

Please don't encourage rovert to post his scoops in every thread in case somebody misses one.

Please.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Apollo should take on a gimmick as a NASA astronaut who does wrestling work on the side.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

MinibarMatchman posted:

the usos loving suck get over it

imo its the same situation as with Roman. The problem is that they are so generic. Give them a kane/bryan buddy tag storyline with some actual character building and they would be fine.

Hey here is a crazy idea for WWE.... What if I actually wanted to be able to tell the uso's apart? What if I knew even a single thing about one that wasn't true for the other besides 'banging Naomi".

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

I think he'd honestly do better with a Feed Me More Cookbook than a Feed Me More Clothing Line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm safe when I work cuz we swim in sword spray!