Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

DarkstarIV posted:

I will link some tweets later but TJP is throwing a massive fit on Twitter about how Ricochet stole his spot on the main roster and also stole TJP's moves.

https://twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1097676158093672450?s=19

https://twitter.com/MegaTJP/status/1097720593091358725?s=19

He just found out other guys also were Suicide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

People work real hard to make Punk out to be The Worst Man In The World when he's really just kind of a stubborn dork. There's an overflowing abundance of racists, tremendous assholes, and worse in wrestling already, in terms of bad things done by wrestlers Punk probably doesn't even crack the top 50. I for one am glad he tricked Dana White out of a shitload of money and is finally out of that totally bullshit lawsuit. The villains here are WWE, don't crab mentality a dude who was the victim even if he is a dick.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

From a young prince of Wall Street to a wasteland warlord from Mad Max :stare:

I mean RAW certainly feels post apocalyptic

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Incel Bayley heel turn incoming

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I can't believe Roman Reigns never got cancer and Bray Wyatt got Very Mad online

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I dominated wrestling twitter for 5 and half days and nobody talks about my trial for giving Roman cancer

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

My life for wrestling twitter

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Dave Meltzer is the only wrestling reporter needed and he is correct literally 100% of the time.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

You know what that means!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

yea ok posted:

kevin owens had an account here. hulkamatt told me not to tell but that was like 10 years ago i think it's ok to say that now

I'm Kevin Owens irl and I'm extremely pissed that you revealed my terrible secret

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

gently caress yeah.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

There is no way this is true unless he went when he was like 1

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

rovert posted:

She might as well tweet her thoughts about Leaving Neverland too
https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/1103143885428027392

Wow didn't expect direct shots at AJ from her

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

"You can't bat 100% of the balls you don't bunt to."
- Mark Markburg

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Somewhere Finn Balor just popped a massive boner but doesn't know why

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Reminder that Dan "Solid Shits Snake" Crenshaw moderated a huge white supremacist Facebook group that was big into pizzagate.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Midnightghoul posted:

Yes but Pete Davidson made fun of him on SNL and they had to bring him on to apologize due to outrage, so I think you can agree we need to respect him

One might say they regretted their words and deeds when the truth finally came out

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Jesus Christ Kevin Smith dropped a lot of weight.

He had a massive heart attack

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

No Irish Need Imply posted:

At this point I think Lowtax is willing to do anything.

Its fuckin crazy that we almost lost SA because Lowtax has Edge Neck

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

In my heart of hearts I wish New Day would pull a Brian Pillman/Cody Rhodes and leave for greener pastures on a work only to shoot never plan on coming back.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jesus just go to AEW

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I thought Invisible Man was dead? How do we know this isn't an Invisible Imposter? :ohdear:

They never found the body

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

THE BEST PURE STRIKER IN THE SOUTHWEST VILLAS RETIREMENT HOME BATHROOM

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Idk who this dude is but he owns and I'm gonna go look his stuff up

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

He's okay from what I've seen, but he seems like a great dude wrestling aside. Was in MLW for a little while. He was at (at least) one of the Mania weekend shows as part of a tag team but I can't remember which one.

Watched some stuff and he's green as grass but has solid fundamentals plus:

1. Is tall + big
2. Does the pounce and Big Boy Suplexes
3. Is some sort ultra-bear
4. His story about his struggles with his sexuality are real as gently caress (speaking as a half homo that also grew up rural)

Found this interview and you best believe it had me tearing up:

https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/pro-wrestler-mike-parrow/

quote:

Living in Orlando, he was understandably affected by the Pulse tragedy in 2016. It’s the reason he wears the number 49: in memory of the 49 people who died.
‘I lost a lot of people [at Pulse] that, when I was coming out and was scared, were telling me, “Stop being so scared and help people.”

‘I said, “What do you mean by helppeople?”
‘One of the girls that lost her life, she told me, “You don’t understand. You are important. You do have a voice and you need to show people, especially with what you do, that it’s OK to be gay.”
‘She herself played basketball. She said, “When you’re a kid, it’s very hard to tell your friends that you’re gay because there’s really no role models for young, gay athletes, because everything you see on TV is stereotypical. It might be you are able to help a 14-year-old or 15-year-old from deciding to kill themselves because they don’t have a role model.”

‘That really stuck with me, especially after what happened. After Pulse happened, it gives me my drive to be myself.
‘That’s why I wear the 49. To honor them and be myself. To remind me that you do need to tell people. They do need to understand that not everybody’s the same, that everybody has a journey: You need to keep going forward.’

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think he actually tried conversion therapy at one point? Can't even imagine.

I hope someone gives him a gig as a bodyguard or something, he deffo looks the part.

Yeah he says that they basically went, "ok we're gonna arrange a date for you with a woman and you like women now." and shockingly enough this strategy proved both wrong and extremely detrimental to his mental health. Also as a bear his talk about how body-shamey and nasty the gay community can be is spot on, especially back 5/6 years ago. I really feel for the dude and hope he can grow as a performer and become a big deal despite his late start.

coconono posted:

I would buy a Parrow body pillow

Word.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Big Queer Spring Break would be a thing I would travel to see

Also yeah it's a real good article, for anyone who didn't click here's a photo from within of Parrow and his new husband cause goddamn they are mondo cute together

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

The crowd has no clue what they're supposed to do with Lacey because all they've been doing is watching her wander in and out with zero purpose for ages (including loving Wrestlemania). They have no context, it's not even clear if she's a face or heel.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Twitter is good sometimes

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

I mean, I'm curious. Think he's referring to @IfYouSeekCasey who, after looking, I have blocked and he doesn't have me blocked. But that doesn't mean a lot as I block liberally. Still no idea what Rovert is on about, as usual. But back to the main issue, he's wrong, as usual.

Ask Dave he'll know the real scoop

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Reminder for the worst kip up in history

https://twitter.com/incredibleRX/status/1119734368732352512?s=20

Like jesus. poo poo.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Jesus Christ that is spectacularly bad.

The contrast between the two of them is brutal

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Dias posted:

I was like huh, that was actually pretty cool if not a regular kipup and then I realized I was looking at Nattie.

Nattie's little roll through flip comes out so smooth and that kip fails so spectacularly. If she wasn't a blond Are Troop then I wouldn't be surprised if Vince fired her on the spot. Especially with that hella botched moonsault smashing Nattie's rib cage through the mat, just loving shameful.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This owns lol

Edit:
Don't sleep on Ron's reply lol

https://twitter.com/RonFunches/status/1120520568355291139

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Social media claims another idiot wrestler

Vandar posted:

Don't you love when wrestlers you like turn out to be total shitheels?

https://twitter.com/RIOTTSQUAD/status/1121265466960416769

(If the video gets taken down, it's a video of Rhea Ripley with the Insiderz on stream looking at the camera and using several expletives and a homophobic slur.)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

"I'm sorry you were offended" is a pretty poo poo apology but I'm sure it's the best we're gonna get.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

While it might be a small step (and I don't think its really that at all when its just an expected, minimum apology we've seen a million times) I think it exposes a very fundamental lack of understanding. The way you show people its a real apology and not just the thing you know you're supposed to say is by saying something fuller or more personally damning.

A "no no word" is when your grandmother gets mad that you said "God drat it" or when your sister gets mad because you said "rear end in a top hat" in front of your nephew and now he won't stop saying it. She used a bigotted slur that is used to demean, harass, and hurt people throughout the world. She knows that. She's not ignorant to the fact that its used that way and its what it means. Even the "non gay" way she'd most likely claim she used it is just insulting someone by telling them they're like a gay person. Words have meaning and that word's meaning is unacceptable and any appropriate apology for using it should include both an acknowledgement of what that word really is and a confession that it being in your vocabulary is a character flaw.

And I say this from a first person perspective. That's not a word I ever used in my life, but there have been others I did and it was a personal flaw that I did so. It wasn't just my brain forgetting to filter out naughty words in mixed company.

But most people who use slurs and bigoted language and terms don't say that because that would be acknowledging something more than an innocent mistake. And THAT's how people change. But admitting they have to. All Ripley did was admit she should have a better filter.

Yeah a second reading actually makes it worse, a no no word to some people. Some people. A minority. Everyone else is fine with it though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

Her replies are so depressing

A lot of people the world over are really REALLY upset that you can't mock, denigrate, and dehumanize queer people in public anymore.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

The funny thing is, I'm even willing to give her the benefit of the doubt that she doesn't mean to insult gay people. That to her that word really is just a harmless platonic insult. But its not and she knows why its not to others. And for a lot of people its not the bigotry they're resisting, its the personal fragility of admitting that you said or did or believe something bigoted. Because that would make you imperfect. And for some people the hardest thing in the world is simply to admit they need work when the simple truth is no one on this planet doesn't and if you think you do then you're saying you're perfect.

And ultimately that means that her personal sense of self importance is more important than the fact that word mocks, denigrates, and dehumanizes people. Which, you know. Is a difference without a distinction.

Yeah it's pretty clear that she doesn't give much of a gently caress. She's not sorry she said it, she's sorry she can't unsay it only after she got publically dragged. If she was sorry she said it she would have apologized right after saying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

mactheknife posted:

What exactly is the point of continuously employing those streaming chuds, anyway? I feel like they're deep enough in the bowels of NXT that I only hear about them for being shitlords - granted, I don't really watch much WWE product, but I'm at least familiar with most of the NXT talent by name.

It wouldn't matter if you did watch NXT because they're literally never on it. I feel like they're just buying time before Vince has a stroll through the PC one day and goes "holy gently caress you're still here? get out."