Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
http://twitter.com/NormDe_Plume is my twitter.

I don't tweet but that's because no one I know uses Twitter, if I have some people to interact with that will probably change.

Always willing to talk music with other music geeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Brilliant, thank you.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

ChampRamp posted:

Oh god, if someone could convince TNA to pay their workers on bitcoins...
You are a bad, bad man. That idea is pure evil.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

Heel DB has to be the hipster wrestler. He doesn't even OWN a television.
I'm pretty sure most 'hipsters' own TV's, y'know, to stay in touch with what's hip and all as I hear that's something they do.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

You have a terrible definition of what a hipster is.
I think a hipster is someone who consumes culture on the basis that it's hip or the latest trend and people just attach it to the indie label because that's what is considered to be hip in counter culture at the moment. Hipsters have been around for a lot longer then the indie trend.

This is certainly not Mr. Danielson.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Sean is a pretty man or woman.

There, I said it.
I was voting woman due to the meticulously shaped eye-brows.

Someone twitter this new information to Dolph!

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Gorgolflox posted:

I think the word "hipster" was coined in the 1940s.
Bingo.

quote:

The indie trend is hardly new, it's been around since the 70s. The word hipster hadn't even been invented at that point.
My bad, I said 'indie' in my post, I meant 'indy'.

Anyway, who's interesting to follow on Twitter at the moment? Whenever I log in there' nothing interesting wrestling wise on my feed.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

If you join the #tWo you'll be much happier. Al Snow is a funny feed if you like dirty jokes, CM Punk is the lovable douchebag.
I have! But being in a southern hemisphere time zone normally means my feed is well and truly filled up with not-so-interesting tweets and the #two stuff is buried underneath it all.

^Thanks Mystery Opponent! I've been looking for some good fake gimmick accounts.

I still can't believe how old Road Dog looked at the HoF, I mean he's never exactly had a youthful look but the grey hair adds on a couple of decades visually.

Seeing the Iron Shiek twitter reminded me of something I've been meaning to ask for ages. Does Shiek get that he's making a fool of himself every time he does any kind of appearance? I always got the impression he has too much pride to consider that the smarky following he has is ironic to a degree.

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 22, 2011

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Glitterbomber posted:

I'm positive the man understands his entire fame is ironic 'ha ha look at this crazy dude' but yea, dude is hardcore kayfabe and will never break, which owns.
Thanks for clearing that up, he certainly had me fooled so I guess it works.

He just seems so legitimately angry in interviews I've seen that I thought he was just mixing shoot with kayfabe, hats off to him!

It was probably the RF video Benoit documentary that threw me the most since that was obviously genuine and didn't seem all that different (minus the tears of course) to any of the promo's he cuts during shoots.

He is a filthy old man though.... and that's a shoot, brother!

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
How can Axl even think this is a possibility when WWE barely seem to make us of their brain's trust of agents with skills far superior to Axl.

Also, Randy Orton loving owns. You know a guy is humble when he still turns down unwanted sexual favours like an ordinary guy, with manners too!

quote:

There was a shoot between New Jack, Honky Tonk, and Sheik. At one point they all dropped their pants and mooned the camera in the name of Vince (Or Hogan, I forget) and New Jack had to help Sheik put his dick back in his pants, because Sheik absolutely didn't understand what was going on.
This disturbing thing is it must have been from the same shoot they got the footage for the Benoit documentary I mentioned below this post from.... I hope this was before they asked about Benoit.

What's this shoot like?
I don't like New Jack or Shiek as humans, having them together sounds like an awful idea.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

DMPunk posted:

I actually agree. But, multiple women on Twitter have raved over them. So, as a guy, I just don't get it I guess.
I'm not a fan, although I'm sure some people could pull them off but very few.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

apsouthern posted:

You'd have to be so fickle and desperate to spend multiple tens of thousands of company dollars on unneeded talent for a single blow job.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Lone Rogue posted:

There's the Woman story!

That last line always depresses me :smith:
That one always seemed believable to me and I know this is silly but the way that one is typed very much sounds like a second hand story originally recounted by Konnan, plus you know this story is on the far more plausible side of the stories included in that file, especially since picturing someone who's been hosed up on drugs for a while particularly a wrestler engaging in this behaviour doesn't really require one to stretch their imagination too far.

Konnan is such an interesting guy, has he ever done a proper shoot? I imagine he'd have tons of amazing stories and judging by the stories he's prepared to tell he must have some incredible ones his lips are sealed on.

Speaking of 'Scummiest Wrestling Stories.txt' as we were, could someone upload it again? I'm certain there used to be a link in a stickied thread but last time I looked I couldn't find it.

Warning: It's not for the faint of heart.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Can't find it on ROH's website, but he did a Straight Shootin' DVD hosted by Jim Cornette. http://www.amazon.com/Straight-Shootin-Konnan-11-5-06-Ring-Honor/dp/B000NP3V3A

He also guests on Wrestling Observer Radio every couple of months. Always a good listen.
I've heard his Observer reports and they're fantastic, he's easily my favourite recurring guest.

Thanks to you J-Ru, you're a diamond.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
He/they're married?!

I always pictured the Brisco's as life-time members of the bachelor club.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

ABOUT DRUGS posted:

Wait, that's the kid that said "gently caress that poo poo"?

...it probably sounded cute as heck :3:
Man, I don't get kids and even I know there's no way that kid was picking out it's own Halloween costumes and cursing if that's a recent photo.

He'd have to be talking about another older kid or that picture is a year or two old. That kid in the photo certainly doesn't seem big enough to be walking/talking.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Germ Incubator posted:

He posted a more recent pic of his kid than that but... it was of him taking a poo poo in his horseshoe pit so not sure everyone wanted to see that.
Your discretion is appreciated.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

Because he was X-Pac.
I believe in the KC shoot I watched he said he was just in a really bad place and he got into a fight with his then girlfriend while they were living in Mexico and he hit her (although from memory he said she provoked him and he was defending himself) and apparently he felt so awful about this it was just he straw that broke the camels back.

That's all from memory though.

Grantonio posted:

X-Pac with an interesting couple of tweets.

As sad as the fact that X-Pac had the same common problems as a lot of guys have in this industry is, it's great to see the rehab system having some success.
I think his story is really inspirational. He's eluded to having some mental health issues in a few shoots I've seen with him and his substance abuse ended up being a coping mechanism as I understand it. It sounds like a rough ticket where both of those problems end up feeding each other and worsening each other and he says he just ended up hitting absolute rock bottom which was around when his suicide attempt was.

Like I said, it sounds like a rough ticket and he deserves all the credit in the world for overcoming it, he really is an industry poster boy for the way someone can turn their lives around and end up a better person for their difficult experiences.

I hope WWE takes him one day, with the problem they've been having with a lot of talent hitting the glass ceiling and not being able to rise any further I think he'd be a fantastic resource for a lot of the talent to help get them to the point where they can work a main event level PPV match. It seems like that's a big issue in WWE because it's hard to learn without being given the experience needed to feel it out and it's near impossible getting the opportunities if you can't all ready do it, or at least that's how it seems to me from the outside.

I could see guys like J-Mo, the Miz, Ziggler and Swagger really benefiting from his experience. It seems like the next batch of fresh main eventers are about ready to start moving up but they don't have anyone to guide them through the transition, especially since the previous generation all seemed to drop like flies within months of each other before being able to groom someone to fill their shoes.

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 8, 2011

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

This is apparently pretty old, but someone brought it up to my attention. Wade Barrett has a scar under his right arm. Ever wonder how he got that scar?
For some reason I seem to recall that the bare knuckle fighter was a kayfabe thing. Or am I just making this up?

I'd normally assume I was confusing him with someone else but I have a recollection of it surprising me because Barrett looks like one.

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 9, 2011

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Lone Rogue posted:

Barrett was actually a bare knuckle fighter. It's barely ever played into his gimmick of him boxing people and he always plays more of an iconoclast. It's the funny thing about kayfabe and reality. In kayfabe, he's too good to get in mere punching fights with people but in reality, he used to make his riches beating the poo poo out of people in Northern Europe.
I have no idea where I pulled the impression I had then...

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

Barrett's bare knuckle thing is, unfortunately, kayfabe. He used to play Rugby. SOURCE: William Regal, offhanded remark during other interview.
I WAS RIGHT! #petty victories

The only reason I remembered hearing this was I was much more shocked to hear that he wasn't a bare knuckle fighter than was.

He just looks like he'd be perfect for it.

...I wonder where that scar actually came from then.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Mick Foley is being an insufferable child on Twitter, due to a "negative" review of his stand up act. Here's the link: http://www.gigglebeats.co.uk/2011/11/review-mick-foley-live-journal-tyne-theatre-newcastle/

It's a short piece, and very fair from my viewpoint. But Foley is teeing off like the guy savaged him.
It's hard to judge the fairness of the review without having seen the show but I can very much imagine the review being accurate.

All I really took from the interview was that Foley isn't at a professional standard for a comedian and that his show is very wrestling orientated. It really doesn't come off like the reviewer was trying to go out of his way to crap on Foley or was trying to get his review over by being overly harsh, it actually sounds like the reviewer cut him quite a bit of slack for largely being an amateur.

Foley should really reassess whether comedy is right for him if he can't handle having his performance reviewed objectively to a negative conclusion.

It seems like every since he tried writing books he's had the idea drummed into his head that his appeal extends beyond the world of wrestling as a fan-base and thinks because of this anyone who doesn't like his non-wrestling efforts is being biased.

If you can't handle reading an unfavourable review of one of your performances the entertainment industry probably isn't for you. You really would think having wrestled for so long he'd be well past anything like this upsetting him.

It's fitting though, for some reason I've always had the impression Foley thinks he's a lot funnier than he actually is and has always been a bit too forgiving of his short comings in non-wrestling ventures. I read his book nearly a decade ago, but I distinctly remember thinking that Foley hadn't put enough consideration to appealing to the books audience rather than himself when I was reading it.

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Nov 17, 2011

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is basically what I'm picturing his show to be. Basically an inexplicably even less funny Evening With Kevin Smith.
I'm thinking Henry Rollins spoken word without the social commentary or charisma.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

thesteelhellion posted:

I wish they'd use Trent better. :(
I can't believe Justin Gabriel isn't on TV more, I can't think of a better looking wrestler (particularly one that looks athletic but not like a HGH hoss)... ever. Plus he is totally passable in the ring and works just as if not better than a lot of people in WWE with regular TV spots.

From memory from the time he broke away from Nexus for a while I started to see pre-teen and teenage girls with signs for him. I would have thought this would be particularly valuable since this is a market WWE seems have have had very little success with in recent years.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Little Miss RKO posted:

I thought English isn't his first language? So I think he's a little uncomfortable talking. Not sure though.
I'd be surprised if it wasn't, he never sounded like he was speaking a second language and his accent was one of the thinnest South African accents I have ever heard, it only really seemed noticeable with certain words.

thesteelhellion posted:

Maybe he's not good enough on the mic? I really wish they'd push their smaller guys more, it might actually be good for business. Do the WCW thing, get people excited by opening with some Cruiserweights, maybe the first couple matches, then they'll be hot for the bigger guys.
I can't remember what his promos were like but it's not that big of a problem even if he wasn't very strong as what I meant was I was surprised he wasn't being used in a kind of Kofi/Bourne role where he wouldn't necessarily speak much but would consistently have matches on television because he's interesting to watch in the ring.

Come to think of it he and Slater seem to have almost dissapeared completely from Raw/Smackdown which I think is a shame, I thought they were both doing well in the roles they had and were performing at a very acceptable standard considering their time spent and experience level within WWE. They both looked like bright prospects for the future.

...That and I marked for Gabriels zebra print every time.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
I forgot Slater was suspended.

Oh well, they're probably doing better than they would be if they were still tagging.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Little Miss RKO posted:

"@EvanTDL: @ShawnMichaels_ @ajvsrko WOW SHAWN DONT BE LIKE THAT BRYAN DESERVED IT!"-- OMG, now this one not getting it. How do rumors start?
For some reason the idea of HBK exclaiming 'OMG' makes me giggle, probably because I imagine him saying it like a word 'omg' instead of 'oh-my-god' or 'oh-em-gee.'

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
That's sad, I feel bad for him.

At the same time though I don't think you should be doing the things Necrobutcher does when you're someone's Dad.

Edit: Maybe I've misunderstood?

Is he saying he moved to be with his children and it's stopping/slowing his career and he's sad about this?

Or is he saying he can't have a relationship with his children because of his career?

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jan 12, 2012

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Hogan stopped signing his tweets, HH?

That's disappointing.
Hopefully he'll switch to 88 as a secret code among Hulkamaniacs.

...On an unrelated note I wonder if Hulk has ever heard the fable of his meat shoes.

VVV You know who.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Pretty sure Chyna is nuts, so I pity her because she probably at least half believes some of this crazy poo poo.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Part of me suspects Vince is a Simpson's fan and wants to be a real Montgomery Burns.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The Smackdown Christmas party has to watch her sex tape instead of Vince's annual highlight reel.
Vince: 'It's funny because she's a woman BUT SHE LOOKS LIKE A MAN!'

Edit: Man, the greatest tragedy of the wrestling industry is that Vince is far too successful and rich (and probably sensible) to do a shoot video.

A Vince shoot would be the greatest loving thing ever.

Edit 2: Oddly enough, I really enjoyed his playboy interview, I was really floored at how open and honest he was. Oh Vince, such an enigma :allears:

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jan 20, 2012

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

the_Vandal posted:

Because she has mental health problems that years of chronic drug, alcohol, and steroid abuse have only exacerbated. It is only now, through the miracles of the modern age, can we view a person's psyche break down in near real-time.
For some reason the first thing that popped into my head when I read this was 'The Twitter of Anne Frank'.

Oatgan posted:

At this point I think the only person in the world who hasn't completely given up on Scott Hall (including Scott himself) is Kevin Nash and even then he's probably already prepared for his death
Say what you want about Nash's professional conduct and personality but this certainly shows me he has at least one redeeming quality. I imagine being such a supportive and loyal friend wouldn't be easy when Hall's dirty laundry is out in the open for everyone in the industry he works in to see and when everyone else wants to distance themselves from him (presumedly).

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Seriously, The Batiri is one of my favorite wrestler Twitters. If you're not following them, start.
I don't know who this is but I laughed.

That line was very Noel Fielding-esque.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
I've decided AJ is amazing.

The googley eyes she gives Bryan always make me giggle.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Jelq Swagger posted:

I really haven't watched much Smackdown outside of Bryan stuff in the last few months. Is Barrett a better worker now? He's always had a great presence as a character, but I could never get into his matches for the longest time.
He's better, but there's still a hell of a lot of room for improvement in my opinion and he's largely untested in matches lasting longer than five minutes by my recollection.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

True though this is, the ring work HAS been improving and it was the only thing holding him back between being a legitimately major main eventer. The man has a look, a character, and is goddamn platinum on the mic.
It's not really his fault either, he just seems to have hit a ceiling where he gets regular ring time but not enough to really improve, but such is the condition of the modern WWE undercard superstar.

Cardboard Box posted:

I think the one thing he really needs to do is expand his moveset. He's a brawler, but he's a big enough dude that he could throw in some more power moves.
I used to think he was the drizzling shits in the ring (to watch, at least) and then he did this and it was amazing how it coloured my perception of his ring work, I think there's definitely something to this idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

burntnorton posted:

He has hinted at other things like that before they were reported.
I like the idea that it's Vince, if anyone is far enough down the Howard Hughes rabbit-hole to do something this bizarre, it's Vince.

Sir Lemming posted:

Brock Lesnar's Twitter handle is @DCBROCKLESNAR and for some reason I can't help reading it as "Brockle Snar". I guess the "ckle" letter sequence is just more phonetically attractive than the alternatives and so it naturally parses that way.
Mr. Brockles!