Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Jerusalem posted:

So basically there's nothing Shida CAN'T do, is my takeaway from this.

Buy a decent digital piano, apparently. :colbert:

(I'm still swooning over Shida)

Also, add "Shida/Stunt duet" to the list of things I had no idea I needed in 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://twitter.com/secretwrestlin1/status/1214687704123875328

Does anyone currently do this move because if not god drat bring it back from the dead

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Unperson_47 posted:

WHy does Chuck T delete all his tweets?

He explained on Wrestlesplania that he doesn't like the fact that every idiot thought you've ever had gets archived on Twitter, so he sets his account to auto-delete all tweets after a set amount of time

So basically

Big Bidness posted:

He’s smart

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Schneider Heim posted:

I think about how pro-wrestling has ruined real sports for me, just watching a basketball game in its entirety is some tedious poo poo for me (and the Philippines is utterly crazy for basketball). It gets worse when a team is lagging by 20 points, might as well change the channel.

On the other end of the spectrum, boxing/MMA with its surprise finishes make me feel like I didn't get my money's worth. I only watch pro-wrestling and sports anime now.

The point of watching basketball isn't a sporting competition. The point of watching basketball is to watch people with absurd genetics style on each other in the silliest of ways.

Which doesn't put it that far from pro wrestling, actually.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

from Orange Cassidy's instagram stories

:kimchi:

I want both OC and Kris Stat to have title runs in AEW, but I also want them to be a tag team, and trying to choose between them is going to rip me apart.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Beginning to think Chris's issue is less "holds ugly beliefs" and more "severely lacks self awareness " because I can't imagine a CHUD going to bat for Nyla.

He's like most people: Has no actual political ideology and doesn't spend much time thinking about things on a structural level. If the Canadian education system is anything like ours, then this is deliberately instilled into children. Combine that with being a rich white dude who probably had a comfortable upbringing, and his latent assumptions about the world are gonna tilt a bit further to the right than the average person who doesn't put any real brainpower into politics.

But because his basic sense of empathy still works, his mind can be changed, and that's good.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
AEW using ring girls to emulate a combat sport event is indicative of the notion that women can and should exist for the pleasure of men. This is not the fault of AEW (or any single event/organization); it is the structure of patriarchy that dominates all aspects of society and culture that is responsible. While it would be cool if AEW didn't participate in this, throwing the blame at them is ultimately missing the forest for the trees.

The solution is not equal opportunity objectification of all genders, but to restructure society so that any person may express their bodies without an undertone of them doing it under coercive circumstances.

Thank you for reading this stupid post about a stupid internet argument that should not exist.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Whatever Jamie Hayter is wearing on her leg, the world needs more of them

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Dias posted:

What I'm getting from these Street Fighter cosplays is that Shida should challenge Omega to a FT5 for the AEW title.

It's a safe bet that they have, since they were previously a couple.

Woof, Friends From College? Man, that was a bad show.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
TIL Kenny is really bad at counting

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

You super can, but what you'd use rather depends on what you're serving as sides

You really can't go wrong with paprika, regardless of sides.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
AEW missed the boat on getting Jane for OC, they are forever dead to me

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Draxion posted:

You wouldn't think they'd have completely failed as a wrestling company so early but this is proof that they did

I still think about the insane pop that would have happened at Revolution if OC walked out to Jane

Like, the sound waves would have broken all the cameras

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Procrastinator posted:

wow this sucks

why do people think blocking on Twitter is some effortful thing that indicates a big reaction. it's like 3 mouse clicks.

Did you never have to deal with bullies who would fling insults at you and then celebrate like they owned you regardless of what your reaction was

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Cosplaying as your own boss is a power move for the loving ages

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Somebody suggested Jack Evans, and he should be on the show to play the NPCs and villains.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Pylons posted:

Could she use it in her moveset at all?

According to her highlight reel (which is 100% WWE material), yes:

https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1280199163691532288

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Aphrodite posted:

Her judo throws in her matches against Vanessa Borne were terrible and slow. The ones on Dakota here are better.

They're always going to look crappy compared to Ronda's though, because Tay is clearly trying to be safe and Ronda doesn't give a poo poo.

That's a real good looking knee on Santana too. I didn't see that match.

Tazz has a legit background in judo, doesn't he? He could probably teach her a few things and expand her moveset.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so in the late 90s until he walked out with Kat did lawler ever say anything or was his “commentary” entirely squealing

He said puppies a lot, which was weird because I have no recollection of there being dogs on the show

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I genuinely can't tell if those are the ugliest cookies on the planet or boiled meat discs

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
If your meal of choice is microwaved beef patties with ketchup and white rice, you're not above shoveling it into your mouth with your bare hand while driving

And yeah, those are absolutely microwave burgers now that somebody brings it up. I knew that hideous texture was familiar somehow

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

MassRafTer posted:

This isn't that though, he is buying from a fitness meal site, he is posting this to show everyone how good and healthy it looks.

He's trying to galaxy brain it by making them look so bad that they pay him to stop promoting their product

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

SG Bamboo posted:

Ah, there's the issue. The Wendy's we have in Australia is a different restaurant that as far as I can tell doesn't sell frosties, or if they do it's not under that name.

When I heard frosty my mind jumped to frosty chocolate milkshakes.

A frosty is just soft serve ice cream, so the reality isn't any better

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

MJeff posted:

Lol so Jericho is going full Rogan with the Both Sides stuff, huh?

I mean Yang was explicitly tweeting about how WWE abuses its workers and how he'd do something about it if he became secretary of labor. It's directly relevant to his podcast.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I had to read an excerpt of Mein Kampf in a college history class, and my main takeaway from it was that Hitler was a worse writer than Kant.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
My hot take is that Papa John's pizza is better than Domino's standard pizza and on par with their special pan pizza that costs extra

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The last time I was at a cheesecake factory, my buddies and I went to drink there because it was across from a bar that refused to serve us. Not even saying "we won't serve you", they just seated us and ignored us even when we asked for a server. The bartender at cheesecake factory was cool so we tipped really well even though the drinks were already incredibly overpriced.

The moral of the story is that Joey should not be putting himself at risk just to spite internet strangers, and I'm not talking about covid.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Guaranteed, there was one kid in that class who was thinking "cutting my face is all I have to do to make money?" and they have a bright and promising future as a professional wrestler

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

boxcarhobo posted:

FFT is the only good single player final fantasy worth playing

FFT is the only good Final Fantasy game because it's not actually a Final Fantasy game, therefore there are no good Final Fantasy games

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

ICR posted:

First step to joining the PC, make sure you post a lot about how much you hate your fans

https://twitter.com/corajadewwe/status/1361556309259280384?s=21

Man what the hell happened at that Dark taping to make her so salty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

can't wait to see millie debut on the main roster in the 2035 royal rumble where she will be immediately eliminated by Cyborg Charlotte

I will 100% become a Charlotte mark if she replaces her right arm with an x buster