Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
CM Punk will murder Chris Brown. I would pay so much money for that match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Chris Brown is running scared. A true heel.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DannoMack posted:

#NotNoPunks is the number one trending topic on twitter because of Chris Brown

There sure are a lot of woman beating apologists in the world today.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The KGB Man posted:

Everyone ignored this.

The answer is, no, he has not.

Stone Cold was very Roid Rage heavy back in those days. Dude almost killed Raven because Debra saw his massive willy when he walked out of the Shower in the men's locker room. Dude was just angry and violent back in them days.

Of course none of this excuses anything Stone Cold did. What he did was vile, disgusting and morally reprehensible on every level. I can only assume that since he's still good friends with people like Mick Foley and CM Punk that he must have done something privately to give himself some level of redemption in their eyes. Or maybe they make excuses for someone they both admire because that's easier than looking at him and seeing a wife beating oval office. I don't know, it's all speculation.

I do know, however, that Stone Cold never trashed a green room because someone had the gall to call him out on it. Stone Cold never never dismissed everyone who called him a woman beater as just haters before belittling them to a crowd of forgetful twats.

Stone Cold to the best of my knowledge has never acted like the victim whenever it's brought up. I think that's why people tend to be more forgiving with Stone Cold.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

AutoL posted:

Wrestling fans have collectively given Stone Cold a pass for domestic violence because they like him. I'm not sure how just being a whiny twat makes girlfriend-beater Chris Brown worse than wife-beater Steve Austin.

One implies that Stone Cold knows he hosed up. The fact that he talks about being ashamed of that period of his life and never acts the victim shows he at least knows what he did was wrong.

Chris Brown is acting near sociopathic with his utter refusal to accept that he hosed up. He did his community service and acted sorry because his PR people told him to and now any time it comes up he acts like a petulant child and the way he talks about it shows he thinks he's the victim, maybe more so than the women he beat.

One did it because of drugs, alcoholism and other such things and is openly ashamed of it. The other did it because he's a violent oval office, faked an apology and is now prancing around like a smug dick and calling everyone who calls him out on it haters before pretending to be some wise man from the streets talking about how music is forever and other such bullshit.

As for your other point there are levels. There's calling a woman who is using her sexuality for her advantage (despite the fact it makes no sense in the plot) a whore and then there's sending your girlfriend to the hospital for asking about why he was sexting his ex girlfriend. Punk sent out a random tweet about a big story in the media and the big story decided to bite off more than he could chew with CM Punk, the verbal bulldozer and Martial arts practitioner.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TL posted:

Is Show wearing both belts snapped together? I can't fathom how he would wear a title belt.

They get special belt extenders for him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

Well, he does claim that The Wrestler was a movie about his life or something.

Thought that was only an ROH storyline?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
First word is Hannaminx, it translates to "Shoulda grown double D's if I wanted 100,000 followers."

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's AJ Lee's birthday.

AJ posted:

Little nervous about turning 15 next year. (Just saying it so you don't have to. Trying to save you some time.)

She's so hard on herself it makes me sad. :smith:

She's still funny, though. Manic Pixie Dream girl that she is.

Edit: Damnit!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Gavok posted:

"When you watched WWE Smackdown, it was the most enjoyable part of your Friday night. But for me? It was Tuesday."

:golfclap:

Well done.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRayPer posted:

Uh, no not at all. The Tough Enough guys were put through exhausting trials to soften them up for angle and then were put in with Angle with the idea that Angle would humble them. It wasn't supposed to be a work, it was supposed to be real, which is why they worked the guys to the point of exhaustion before hand. Puder just had the ability to fight back.

Tried to fill them up on milk and pastas before hand if I remember his interview in Powerslam correctly. Basically worked them to exhaustion on a full stomach to make them throw up and then threw them into the ring to get torn apart by Kurt Angle, who whatever you think about him, is a high calibre wrestler.

Puder was the only one that figured out what they were trying to do and embarrassed them all for it. Then he got jobbed out, placed into the Royal Rumble to get stiffed by Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly and Eddie Gurrerro and was shortly fired there after. He really was in a damned if you do, damned if you don't position.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

CM Punk posted:

In the #talentlounge making miss USA watch Muta vs Sting. Presser coming up in a few hours. She knows who Terry Funk is!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

njsykora posted:

Sadly it is, they're building to this huge world title match that they've supposedly been laying groundwork for since before Bound for Glory. Yet the #1 storyline is Sting, Hogan and Dixie again. In the run-up to one of TNA's big shows (the London tapings, BfG, Lockdown and probably Slammiversary this year) Hogan suddenly starts appearing again. It's almost like he inserts himself into stuff when things are building to a big show to feed his ego.

Next you'll be saying the reason Bobby Rhoode didn't win the title from Angle was because it might overshadow Hulk Hogan's face turn on the same PPV.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Some random fan posted:

Is "Yes!" the new "What?"

Stone Cold Steve Austin posted:

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Steve Austin approved.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jelq Swagger posted:

I just found out that Stone Cold has me blocked on Twitter. NO NO NO

What did you do? :colbert:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Stop being a dick to cool people, dude.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I may have pissed someone off, at least I think I did... :stare:

The Rock isn't in the WWE hall of fame like my man John Cena. Take that, smark. :smug:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Writer Cath posted:

Guess that explains why he wasn't inducted into Johnny Ace's Hall of Heroes :sigh:

I really hope my fellow Ayr-ian gets the proper push he deserves this year.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

KING William Regal posted:

Just checked in in Hampton VA with Shamus and the lady behind the desk asked us where we were from.Shamus said England and Ireland .She said to me"your the Irish one,I can tell because your accent is so strong".I said in my most cut glass English accent"I can see nothing gets past you madam".She said"I'm brilliant at spotting accents".She then says that she has put our rooms next to each other and I said"I'd rather not be close to him madam as he and the rest of those English swines and his country have made my people suffer for 800 years".She said"oh yes,I know my history and looked at shamus like he'd dropped out of a dogs backside and changed my room.Bless her.The great white just stood looking at me like he wanted to do me some mischief.

William Regal is a great man.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

BrutusBeefcake posted:

Retweeted by WWE

Yeah it's a work.

Don't think that was ever in doubt.

Rowdy Roddy Piper posted:

In 1 hour, driver gets me up.Got a Q 4 my tweeter's. Be honest.Should I start a Rod-Pod? It wouldn't be just Wrestling. Be from my MAN CAVE!

A Piper's Pit podcast? Oh gently caress yes!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
TNA discussion is Scott Steiner: The voice of reason.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Perigryn posted:

Classic projection. Dude convinced himself if he got another go at running a wrestling company he'd win and he's been utterly humiliated by a past it Vince McMahon that wasn't even trying to beat him. Now he's pointing fingers at everyone but himself.

It'd be sad if he wasn't such a massive wanker to begin with.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dean Ambrose has taken time out of his busy schedule of insulting Mick Foley's kids to take the fight to a home invader.

Dean Ambrose posted:

This thing is now loose in my apt. It survived my initial ambush and is on the move. The hunt begins..

This drat spider is a ghost. It's vanished into thin air, but i feel like it's watching me.

I'm gonna turn off the lights to lure it out, leave for a few hours and try to sneak up on it with a flashlight when i return

Hes back!!!!

We have sequestered him in the window w duct tape n garbage bags no fn escape now u rear end in a top hat

Dear god its angry and wants back in. We got windex a boot hairspray n a lighter and a fire xtinguisher. Drawing it out

Hell ya!!!!

Heres his other half. The son of vader delivered the final blow. Its been an intense evening

The mental image of Dean Ambrose and Big Van Vader's son fighting a spider is somehow comforting that everything is going to be all right in wrestling.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DannoMack posted:

I'd be worried about Kurt if I were you.

http://twitpic.com/9ef4wi

Is the Rock trying to get a role in the Next Avengers film as the Red Hulk?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Clearer version. Google search by image is the best.

I prefer it blurry, makes it feel like we caught Big Foot on camera.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

coconono posted:

dude got Petey Williams over for something other than a single move.

He also worked with all the younger guys(Styles, Joe, Daniels, Abyss).

I remember him going out of his way to have a good match with Samoa Joe back when Joe was still awesome and he did do his best to try and get the young guys over. Wasn't really his fault that TNA creative are loving idiots.

ExplodeYourself posted:

Oh no he didn't!

That isn't a burn, he doesn't work TNA house shows anymore.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
609 relates to the number of prostitutes that Garrett has killed before he got into wrestling to work out his aggression. Eric isn't pushing him out of nepotism, it's out of fear he'll strike again.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Punk is spending the morning apologizing for telling homophobes to kill themselves.

In the most disingenuous way possible.

CM Punk posted:

I'll start by being the better man and once again, apologize for my harsh reaction to your opinion of homosexuals making you "sick" @ezeekay

"Sorry I reacted harshly to your disgusting opinions"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mick Foley posted:

Yeah @luciferbruise , I've been in touch with @MarcMaron about doing his podcast this summer. Marc and I actually go way back.

Marc Maron posted:

@realMickFoley @luciferbruise We're going to make it happen!

:neckbeard:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

This reminds me! Did anything ever come of Colt Cabana and Marc Maron doing a show or something?

Exactly as much as has come of the Mick Foley tweet so far. Maybe he can do a Stand Up Wrestler thing like what he's been doing with the Arrested Development cast recently.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DMPunk posted:

Holy crap. The Batiri blocked me on Twitter. Amazing.

I knew there was something I had to do today...

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DMPunk posted:

I know I will get poo poo for this, but I don't care. This tweet made my day/week/year/life.

Must be nice for you to read/hear those words when not in a police line up.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That would be the best way to leave wrestling. Getting carted off by the police never to be seen again, like the end of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Paul Heyman contradicts himself a lot in that twitrant. It's like he started out lamenting that none of the young guys in the business have the opportunities he has had and they are all suffering for it, remembers he's working in the WWE at the moment and switches into "You young guys aren't trying hard enough".

The problem is Vince and will always be Vince. Two young guys got themselves over without the WWE in Z: True Long island Story and after a brief "Well done kids, you got over" run they were shot straight back down to the midcard and below because gently caress em. Vince, HHH and Stephanie don't like it so gently caress em.

The real problem is, and I didn't believe Mick Foley at the time when he was explaining why he went to TNA but he was bang on the money, is that if Vince doesn't have someone to fear, if Vince doesn't have someone to fight and if Vince doesn't have a clear enemy then he's complacent and non-committal. He could make a huge pile of money with CM Punk, going all in and really driving forward like he did with Stone Cold or he could sit on him, like that there's a nice new star to put on T-shirts and stick with John Cena as the top guy. He could Turn Cena heel, use it to create top new stars like it did when Hulk turned heel and made a revamped Sting, Goldberg and DDP huge stars in their own right but he'd rather just keep Cena face and that nice Merch revenue rolling in. He could push Zack Ryder as US Champ and get him in feuds with other mid carders where wacky poo poo happens like Zack Ryder getting jumped in a club or have a live Z: True Long Island story on Raw but he'd rather give the belt to Santino and have him do funny forigner hack poo poo.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

King William Regal posted:

I'm missing Her Royal Majesties Jubilee as I'm in Tampa so to celebrate I'm going to find an old queen I can pass a few hours with.#lovely.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

CM Punk posted:

You a wrestling fan or a ratings fan? I'll take cross over seg telling a good story over covering a non-wrestler with condiments any day.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
DM Punk, what do you do for a living? I'm not knocking you but I really want to know the secret of how you've got so much money to throw away on all these Joshi wrestlers.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm amazed he spelled those words correctly!

HE COMES FROM A HIGHLY EDUCATED UNIVERSITY!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Timby posted:

Not necessarily -- we always hear reports about the creative team being constantly frustrated by Vince's mercurial personality, and then guys like DeJoseph and Lagana go on the record and we find out that their ideas were just as terrible, because WWE tends to hire failed sitcom writers.

Doesn't Lagana have a hand in current TNA and the great Ring Ka King? Dude's not that bad. (although his twitter babel can gently caress right off.)

The main problems with WWE creative is

1) Vince is a indecisive loon who flip flops at the drop of a hat. That hat he wore on ECW? He bought it just to drop it.

2)Stephanie McMahon isn't a talented writer, nor a talented head of writing.

3)Too many writers. Even when a great idea comes out like Nexus or CM Punk the Rebel comes along it ends up muddied and tarnished by too many cooks spoiling the soup, leaving a great idea followed by a bland, flavourless mulch.

4) Too much emphasis on mainstream success of writers. There's great bookers out there, it's just WWE wouldn't hire them unless they wrote at least one episode of "CSI:Bumblefuck Wisconsin". Guys like Jimmy Cornette and Paul Heyman wouldn't even get a look in today.

There are more, but those are the main ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Pity. I really agree with fake Punk. No Way out is really uninteresting to me.