Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I....I guess it's better than Jomosexuals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

DM Punk isn't a horrible person. There's a guy affiliated with CHIKARA that buys girls shoes and stockings and has a legit fetish. That's weird. DM Punk is weird sometimes, but he isn't a pervert. He is also not Joshifans, and nothing he will do will amount to the combined creep of those forums. DMPunk still donates to charities, which is a very noble thing to do. You know what I do with my money? I buy 30 pairs of shoes. For myself. Because I'm selfish.

So what I'm saying is go register at Joshifans and make fun of them, if you want to make fun of creeps.

Weekend Web candidate?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Glitterbomber posted:

Yea are we really going to pretend Hulkster isn't petty and crazy enough to totally punish someone for going 'ha ha yea it's dumb'?

What? Hogan himself slags off the company all the time. If Aries was to slag off HOGAN that'd be a different story, but I very much doubt he gives the first drat about what people are saying about the product.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm with MRP on this one - promoting 'bare knuckle' fighting, legit or not, in WWE is tremendously silly and degrades their own product.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

loving right, Punk. loving right.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

So it's true, TNA can turn literally anyone into a Twitter-making GBS threads lunatic.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Moose Bigelow posted:

"No really the divas all loved me and listened to me prattle on about some stupid loving sandwich story for hours!"

This is basically what I'm picturing his show to be. Basically an inexplicably even less funny Evening With Kevin Smith.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Glitterbomber posted:

If I wanted to see a sad old man mumble lines from Atlas Shrugged, peppered liberally with homophobia and opinions that would make Glenn Beck say 'whoa, calm down dude' drunkenly to himself I'd hang out with Limbaugh.

FTFY

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DannoMack posted:

Warrior is definitely an offensive conservative prick, but I feel like I bought into a smear campaign about him over the years. Watching his poo poo now, he really does have a pretty positive message underneath the awkward grandpa stuff.

He doesn't. The ultra-conservative poo poo is right from his mouth and from his keyboard. He has no positive message outside of "I am the best and no one but me realizes this"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I suppose it is a fair statement that he really does want to motivate and help people (unless you're gay!), but I can't help but filter everything he says through Ayn Rand glasses.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He and Mark Henry in a team called "TV CONTRAST SETTING CALIBRATION" would be great and useful for many new HDTV adopters.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Glitterbomber posted:

Seriously Kofi is my favorite non-masked flippy dude.

Somewhere, Justin Gabriel weeps.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

I like both these guys because they're the closest WWE has gotten to the puro junior style where there's solid looking strikes mixed in with their flashy offense. Sadly Kofi has had some boring rear end matches tho.

Truth also used to have a moveset like this. I guess he still does but it's much less flashy than it used to be.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dusty really makes no goddamn sense on Twitter.

He is the truest representation of anyone I've seen on Twitter.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's a reason why there's weight classes in MMA and Bryan and Batista would never, in a million years, share one. Small guys with a lot of training/technique can tap big guys with little training/technique but if both of them have some skill, the big guy's going to win most of the time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

And Spawn! And that one dude in Dark Knight.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm sure the '4theObese' thing (not even a hashtag, lol) he snuck in there will really endear him to Ellen.

Really it makes me feel bad for him more than anything else. Has anyone tried his food or whatever? I've never seen it anywhere but they likely don't distribute it to Canada as we are notoriously anti-fitness and even Kurt Angle can't engineer a Health Poutine.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maybe he means he's not THE Stalker, but rather a gold medalist. Suck it, Barry Windham.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

So has Yoshi's heel turn gone the way of Kaitlyn's heel turn?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DMPunk posted:

Darkside Yoshi is not heel Yoshi.

Ah okay, I rarely get to watch him so I figured Dark Yoshi was him turning heel. Are they still using it? Last time I saw him he was in a tag match and was Brightside Yoshi.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is the most promotion the WWE has given to a rabid wolverine in years.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Glitterbomber posted:

So wait what are the other 8 hours of my day?

Time to play the GAEEEEEEEEEEME

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's got a point -and HHH or Diesel doing the fist drop would be the stuff of nightmares. Honestly, of his past allies the most entertaining candidate for a co-fistdropping session would be Sherri.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Perry Normal posted:

I would just like to point out that if you're not famous, David Otunga will only follow you if you have his picture for your avatar.

I hated that man so much last year, but he has become absolutely delightful recently. Still sucks in ring, but he wrestles so infrequently now that it doesn't matter.

I love how he's always sipping a teensy cup of coffee. It's the little things.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Please please please let his daughters be Audrey Marie and Ivelisse in a two-person bodysuit.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The most surprising thing about that tweet is that they're still acknowledging the Divas of Destruction.

There needs to be a Lady Gaga themed Diva, and it needs to be played by Dustin Rhodes.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lone Rogue posted:

They are pretty much repeating it with James Storm for Lockdown.

With 1/10 of the interest than if they'd just done it right the first time. TNA! TNA! TNA!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CombineThresher posted:

Bret's calm, rational iceburns on Twitter make everyone who talks poo poo about him look like a douche, too.

Every Canadian has the mutant power of Reasonableness.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Didn't see this posted, but Wade's apparently turned his twitter account over to an 'attorney' (not Otunga).

"Due to a number of factors, Mr. Barrett has signed the administration of this account over to his attorney for the foreseeable future. Mr. Barrett will be making no further comment at this stage. Regards, Peter Lazarou, Esq."

http://twitter.com/WadeBarrett/status/194544001637027841
http://twitter.com/WadeBarrett/status/194544153412108288

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

a diminished tolerance of the hoi polloi

This is the best non-Steiner thing ever to be posted to Twitter.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What's bats again?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oatgan posted:

bats

Well it's pretty much a bulletproof assertion, I guess.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Kharma trollin'.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I know he's been this way for a while, but normal guy HBK is still so odd to me.

I guess if you think ending a rousing game of Hungry Hungry Hippos with a superkick is normal...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Piss Ant

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Frankly I'm surprised they haven't gone down that road already.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is that the real Chyna? If she knows who has her dog, why not go and powerbomb them?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

So Lolbertarian then?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lone Rogue posted:

Nice to see it isn't just TNA loving over the undercard.

Wait, no it isn't.

JTG not getting paid a lot for a card he was barely on is a bit of a far cry from your women's champ having to work at Hot Topic, wouldn't you say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lone Rogue posted:

Let me know when TNA makes the kind of profit WWE makes and their Diva's Champion has to work at Hot Topic.

TNA is also my favourite indy fed