Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

@JosephPark_esq

Holy crap TNA are actually trying to turn this into something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Well she's not just going to beat anyone's rear end with that thing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

DannoMack posted:

CM Punk is tweeting some pretty rad pictures from a WWE storage facility.

Yeah people, go to his twitter page and check these out. Some of the crap they have in that freaking warehouse...I knew they kept all the random stuff they'd used over the years but they still have the freaking WCW Thunder set!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

We need to get #dicks2asses trending during Wrestlemania.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sadly it is, they're building to this huge world title match that they've supposedly been laying groundwork for since before Bound for Glory. Yet the #1 storyline is Sting, Hogan and Dixie again. In the run-up to one of TNA's big shows (the London tapings, BfG, Lockdown and probably Slammiversary this year) Hogan suddenly starts appearing again. It's almost like he inserts himself into stuff when things are building to a big show to feed his ego.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Next you'll be saying the reason Bobby Rhoode didn't win the title from Angle was because it might overshadow Hulk Hogan's face turn on the same PPV.

Oh come now, Hogan would never do anything like that. He certainly wouldn't inject himself into a hot angle 3 days out to say he was the reason a place like say, the Georgia Dome was packed for a Nitro taping.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ravingsockmonkey posted:

Wait, he got fired? When did this happen?

It's TNA and he's one of the older guys who can still go and is popular. Bully Ray's time must be limited.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

True though this is, the ring work HAS been improving and it was the only thing holding him back between being a legitimately major main eventer. The man has a look, a character, and is goddamn platinum on the mic.

If his first promo on returning doesn't have him saying "God Save The Queen" then I'll be sorely disappointed. I laughed like a motherfucker when he first said that to atomic heat.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

these knives! posted:

So much for his debut!

It's a work. At least I hope it is.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

maniacripper posted:

Since it would be Daniel Bryan's kayfabe child the hand would just do 18 second jobs to the entire roster.

I would rather the hand came out, did the sign language for YES and died.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'm now starting to think the guy has genuinely lost his mind from anger.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

I already saw them gently caress it up once! Don't need to see it happen again.

Plus if I buy Lockdown, I'm obligated to watch Garret's Lethal Lockdown.

I'm torn over watching the show, Lethal Lockdown at least will involve Gunner (gently caress you all he's good) and hopefully Garrett getting the poo poo kicked out of him to prolong the feud. Can't end any feuds on your biggest show of the year guys. Plus if you watch the show you get to see Kurt Angle kill himself jumping off the cage, he's been teasing it for 2 years.

If Storm doesn't win the title though, then it'll be one of those universally ridiculed shows.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Lone Rogue posted:

Well that's nothing to be jealous about, to be where 1/3rd of Female Wrestlers have gone before.

Bit of an underestimate I'd say, hell I'd estimate Punk's screwed at least 40% of the women in America.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ravingsockmonkey posted:

On it's own, it's a boring tweet. What caught my eye was what he's wearing.

Is that a Jeff Hardy hoodie? Dear god. Gabriel is adorable though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Next you'll be telling me Santino isn't actually Italian.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bitchoff vs Steiner Twitter war? Dear god I need me some popcorn.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

In fairness to the guy, I consider proposing to Punk after reading his tweets most of the time.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Can we please as a community agree to never ask wrestlers about Benoit no matter where the question is? It's a subject that just makes everyone look bad whenever it's brought up.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Something tells me HBK would be the most ruthless motherfucker to ever sit down at a Catan board.

@CMPunk posted:

"big" Johnny is limping around on crutches in the airport and @TheCurtHawkins is dressed like hhh circa '96. We're also already delayed. Tour is off to a rousing start!

I need to see this Hawkins outfit.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 23, 2012

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Was looking at some of UMB's recent tweets and he referred to The Bricoes as "Those Chaps" instead of "dem Boys" which I laughed at WAY too hard.

If Regal did this I'd be laughing about it for months.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This came from Portia Perez's Twitter.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So practically the entire NXT roster has been tweeting the hashtag #HorseEatingCorn in the last hour or so. Wade Barrett just tweeted the source.

Awww.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The chibi CM Punk that Jill Thompson drew was bloody adorable.

And there's no way that corn isn't poisoned.

Was she the one who did the Colt/Punk/Danielson chibi picture for the Wrestling Road Diaries? That's one of my favourite pieces of wrestling fan art.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Good news! Cranky Vince may have gotten busted, but @PremiumVince remains alive! As does TNACreative, so it's not all lost.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The ex-writer behind the account is going to be on a Figure Four Daily next week, that should be a great interview.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Please god tell me every Gut Check person from now on is going to gloat about their fan vote percentage to Joey Ryan.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Sir Jebus posted:

:stare:
Blurred the number just in case.

Some people did a bit of looking around, the guy runs a business online to recover deleted photos on hard drives. Odds are pretty drat high he's molested a few kids, so this doesn't seem like a hack.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This could get really hilarious really fast if WWE keep bragging about their trends when everyone has different trending lists.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The F4W convention in Vegas is only for the hardcore, a weekend of drunkenness, debauchery and...

@BryanAlvarez posted:

Yah!

Mini golf.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Giant Squid posted:

So these are just the random opinions of some unknown individual who runs a wrestling blog? I guess I assumed that these were quotes from a shoot interview with a wrestler or someone relatively well-known in the business.

A guy with a serious obsession with Kelly Kelly we should mention. Most of his arguments come back to the insistence that whatever someone did, Kelly could've done better. It's hilarious since he seems to have very little knowledge of Kelly's time in WWECW, as well as not knowing she's not really with WWE anymore. So his arguments are usually filled with hilarious holes and the smell of a guy who desperately wants to be seen as insightful when he's using the term "internet mark" like punctuation and ignoring the fact that Kelly Kelly just isn't a very good wrestler.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The Shaman of Cum posted:

pwg is good and chikara is bad but i dont know what that has to do with anything

He's saying you say the same stuff all the time in the indie thread.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

I've edited this post like 6 times now but really, so does everybody else in that thread.

This is actually true, it's the closest we have to a fanboyism thread around here.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

MassRayPer posted:

Chemicals in your food are not evil and organic food is not the key to health. Prescription drugs make people better, not worse.

This is something Lance goes on about a lot, there are some studies that do link anti-depressants to suicidal thoughts (look up Seroxat I think it's spelt) but it's always specific brands and not the whole spectrum of pills. It pains me quite a bit that someone I think is one of the smarter people in wrestling believes the pharmaceutical industry is united in a conspiracy to make people ill.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I just stayed off Twitter after Raw, I got pretty loving angry knowing the guys would be doing everything they could to salvage what they could. No way could Punk look at that Raw and not think the internet was going to rip it to loving shreds. If he genuinely thinks the fans are wrong about it then he's an idiot. Otherwise he's just another company guy. Like the guy is coming off a little like Bischoff lately, who cares whether the show is good eh? People are going to watch it anyway!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Why does he type with an accent?

Because Bully Ray is our reward for driving Dusty off Twittuh.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Matt Cruea posted:

Hi why is Vin Gerard following me okay bye

No joke, Vin Gerard follows everyone. He follows me but I don't follow him.

Also I finally unfollowed Ezekiel Jackson after finally getting sick of the bible stuff, I can take the occasional verse or Joel Osteen poo poo that Scott Armstrong retweets occasionally but when you have a giant stream of christian rapper retweets it's time for me to jump off. Same reason I stopped following Road Dogg. Bill DeMott keeps it in check nicely though, he tweets religion stuff on Sundays and keeps it to himself the rest of the week which I like.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jul 15, 2012

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

DannoMack posted:

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/226723515171233792

"Real cool that I have to leave town while it's this gorgeous and Slayer/Anthrax/Motörhead are playing.Sioux City Iowa,y'all better bring it!"

Punk sure likes to mention how much stuff he misses to make wrestling dates. He's definitely one of those boyfriends who makes it seem like doing standard boyfriend duties are a huge deal.

In fairness, to a man with Punk's music tastes that concert sounds pretty much like getting all your sexual desires satisfied in the same night.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Matlock posted:

Yeah, but she also lost that I Quit match against Matt Hardy when Edge ran in

And I think she beat the poo poo out of either Rhino or Devon at WM17.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

So Mr Still Employed, JTG is having something of a meltdown on Twitter.

@jtg1284 posted:

"Make decisions based on your worth, not your circumstance!" I wish some one told me this 2 years ago.

The camels back just BROKE ! I had enought of this

As a pro athlete,Im tired of me and my lockerroom brothers being taken advantage of . Fans have no idea what we go through.#itsanillusion

Yea I said it

Nobody wants to speak up, everybodys afraid of losing their job or getting taken off TV

No doubt he'll have more to say as the night goes on. I'll edit this post accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

And now nothing coming from him. I wish JTG the best in all his future endeavours.