Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

smashpro1 posted:

Tommy Dreamer

I wondered why my TIVO recorded Terror Tract until I saw Buff Bagwell get knifed by a monkey now I know why. Not a good movie however

If the monkey steals his top hat, then that would be teh best movie ever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Cabbit posted:

I guess this is my opportunity to say that "Welcome Home Back Cotter" should be the NXT theme into perpetuity.

Fixed

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Endorph posted:

At the very least, he's doing the same moves better now than he was in TNA.

You're thinking of RDV. Totally different guy, and I have teh T-Shirt to prove it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

RBX posted:

Yeah I was reading about him recently and was suprised nobody was commenting on it.

People like the good news and therefore shout it out loud: He saved Jake and was saving Scott, and dislike the bad, and therefore sweep it under the rug: Scott slid back into old bad habits.
(if indeed that is what Scott has done, coz I don't know too much about it)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Gaspar Lewis posted:

I'll miss Ricardo, but being on the Spanish commentary table was like having him halfway gone already when you think about it.

We'll always have his Royal Rumble elimination. :unsmith:

Was Ricardo a heel commentator? The colour guy? Or play by play?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Andy was a ringer, he was the guy WWE wanted to win.

Whoever won or loss had nothing to do with getting hired. See Cameron losing on the show, making Stone Cold give us an awesome face, ("Melina vs Alicia Fox"), yet ultimately get hired, and become a Diva.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

But he punched JBL, (noted rapist and fellow terrible commentator), in the face that one time. So it all evens out.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Pfft, lies and foul slander. Next you'll be telling me that the Undertaker isn't really a dead man.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Now someone explain to him that most, but not all, of Arizona doesn't actually use Daylight Savings Time. And neither does Hawaii.
In Australia, the official reason Queensland gives as to why it doesn't use Daylight Savings is that "it would confuse the cows."

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I don't get it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

Head is retired, but they could always bring back Moppy for Ryder.

They did. Cena made out with her and called her a hoe-ski.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

NienNunb posted:

TBH it's nowhere near the dumbest thing Storm has said. I can understand being upset about something you perceive as someone disrespecting your dead friend, even if it might not actually be the case.

Yeah, considering that Lance Storm cosiders Libraries to be stealing money from authors, and Cancer research to be a corporate scam, being a little oversensitive about a dead friend is the least of his faults.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

R-Truth being good mates with Vince backstage is one of the most surreal aspects of the wrestling business.

Moreso when you consider his stop-start pushes. (R-Truth was the one who broke Bo's streak. Never stop Bolieving!)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Brodus was trained at the Power Plant?

Ahem. #HisnameisTyrus

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Lance Storm is a trainer. A good one too, (he and Finlay are partly responsible for teh good womens matches WWE used to have with Lita, Trish, Molly Holly et al). Just saying.

I mean, the wrestlers being subjected to stern humourless rants on why libraries and cancer research are bad, is much better than wrestlers shoving their donut covered arses in each others faces before being yelled at and slapped by a bitter old fat man for wanting a rest.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

I was at that show, Main was Matt Hardy and Del Rio VS the Young Bucks. It was fun, but seeing of them have to put over Matt's lovely Ice Pick finish was sad.

Is the Ice Pick the "hump you to death" submission he had in TNA?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

^^^^^^ I loved the Soaring Eagle. Especially when it got injured and Swagger had a promo about how it wasn't a real eagle, but a man in an eagle suit ^^^^^^^^^

Miz is great as a chickenshit heel. Miz is great in the midcard.

The problem comes when WWE sees Miz being a great midcard heel, and try and make him a face, or try to put him in the main event.

In short Miz has a place, and in that place he is awesome, out of that place he is awful.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Apr 6, 2015

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

super macho dude posted:

I can picture Dixie thinking.

I can't

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

One thing I picked up from Jericho's book is that Lance has a good deadpan sense of humour. Unfortunately, he also opinions like "Libraries bad", so it doesn't quite balance out.

On Lance Storm having a sense of humour. Counterpoint: He likes Corner Gas.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

ayn rand hand job posted:

To make a long story short, since KOP is one of my favorite town names outside of Horseheads, NY, there was a tavern in the area called King of Prussia in the 1700s (named to drive interest from German soldiers), and as a township grew around it, they adopted the name.

What is the local high school's football mascot? The Kings, or The Prussians?

This is important.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

dsriggs posted:

What kind of oval office tweets a corporation to call an employee out by name?

the kind of oval office whose CDL was NQR

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Seriously, why is Eva Marie getting heat because she is trying to get better at wrestling?

Surely that's a good thing?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

because WWE is paying for her to get private lessons in LA rather than sending her to NXT, which they think she should be lucky to be getting the opportunity to go to in the first place.

But NXT is for *good* wrestlers. Eva Maries stinkiness would be seen especially in comparison to Bayley, Charlotte et al.

I still don't get the pettiness of "She's trying to better herself in her profession. Boo!" that is coming across from the other divas tweets.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The_Rob posted:

God who gives a poo poo.

Not to get all political up in here, but I do.

Not all racism is "I hate the niggers and the kikes, and outrightly state they are subhuman scum!!!", some is a little more subtle.

Now JR is an old man, but saying someone is a credit to their race is like saying someone is "one of the good ones". Implying everyone else of that race is somehow bad.

He pulled up on it, and I would be surprised if he meant it in any malicious way, but its the little insidious racisms like that that people need to be called out on, so they can realize that they are being unwittingly racist, and change their behaviour.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Shine posted:

Miz rules.

Yes. Yes he does.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

This talk of nWo Wolfpac member Konnan make me have to remind you of the greatest thing he ever did, (along with fellow Wolfpac member Disco Inferno).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJzO5UXagYw

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

I see that #KevinOwensAsBears is beginning to stretch its legs to new genus's.

Koalas aren't bears. :colbert:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

The more WWE tries, (or in this case pretends to try), to make it's women, (whoops Divas), seem important, the more it makes them seem irrelevant and subpar.

gently caress you Kevin Dunn. gently caress you Vince. And gently caress all of us that allow the two of them to get away with it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

On the womens stuff, I suppose if one were to be glass-half-full about it, I suppose these 6 woman tags, and 3 girl teams etc get a lot more women on screen more often than the usual Diva roundabout where its 1 or 2 women again and again.

That has to be helping with the pay discrepancy, which was the thing AJ whinged at Stephanie about on twitter.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

Hell I didn't watch a single match of wrestling in my life until shortly after turning 27.

You missed out on the best of life.

Not the actual wrestling, but the experience of being a little kid wrestling fan. I can still remember how exited I used to get when the Ultimate Warrior would run down to the ring, and how much I hated, HATED the Hart Foundation.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

willus posted:

As of a few hours ago Australia's Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, was successfully challenged for leadership of the party and therefore country by one of his fellow party members. Fortunately the hulkster is on hand to help lift his spirits

I was going to post this.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I would also like to add my name to Team Steiner.

I am hollering because I can hear him.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

Everyone should tweet at members of The New Day that we want New Day themed Christmas stuff

Especially

NEW

DAY SOCKS

Personally, I would prefer Flayva Flav-style

New

Day Clocks.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Can someone who speaks Japanese confirm that the characters say "Asuka", or if not what do they say?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

Love the barely sell from the 5 year old on the right who is so obviously used to this poo poo

As opposed to the little shocked jump the startled little girl outside the bouncy house gives.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

WWE hosed up Mizdow by blowing off the match where he turned on Miz.

The crowd were literally baying for him to turn on Miz, and Miz was wonderful in getting heat for both of them by stopping Sandow from getting in the ring/aping him. It was a glorious burn and if they had done the turn, and resulting fued right it would have made Sandow, if not a star then at least a whole lot bigger than he is.

Instead, they have the Miz vs Mizdow match on a PPV pre-show where he loses, and proceed to do nothing with him afterward.

The Macho Mandow/AxelMania stuff had the potential to be cool, as both performers were fun and goofy in those roles, but then HH ruined that by hating black people.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I thought he didn't name the doctor. They're going to have a hard time proving that based on the podcast content.

I don't remember them naming him, but given as it's the WWE doctor at Summerslam, he could probably argue that it's obvious who they are talking about.

Dunno how much weight this argument holds in a libel/slander case though.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

All this Kenny Omega vs Haruka talk, and nobody is mentioning that he also had a blood feud with Yoshihiko, (a mannequin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-I9UYkIibk

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

I dont remember if it was this thread or an old tna thread but he said something lovely and dumb on twitter, people on here posted about it and joked about it. Went to check his twitter account and were blocked. A bunch of them never tweeted at Aries before.

Did we find out his username? Please let it be "austinariesroxx" or something along those lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Dias posted:

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/668970202139385856

PK Fujiwara Armbar. Well, that's an odd favorite food to have.

You buried the lead there. In the tweets below she also said her dream match is HHH vs Asuka.

I would pay so much money to see the cerebral asskicker king of kings assassin get his head kicked off by a smiling Japanese woman