Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

I'm a bit behind, is it too late for this to be featured in the next OSW Review?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
(Triple H begins a conference call)

Hey guys, I'm in the cockpit, got my hand on my joystick...

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't doubt that some intergender matches can be really good, but I do think that they have a fair amount of baggage to overcome and that I wouldn't trust a promotion like WWE to handle them consistently well. I mean, WWE is run by a man who once booked himself to batter his real life daughter on PPV.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Erm, this is bollocks they're not swimming on his back??

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Alaois posted:

why couldn't you be more like the other weird gamergate guy who posted here and meltdown and self-ban after two posts

I know we're moving on but could someone please post the link to this again first, tia.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I always thought Virgil was an apt comparison for Alex Riley because both of them were Actually Really Bad but their evil tor-mentors were Actually Really Good so it almost balanced out. Almost.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Von Linus posted:

Hateful words about Stagecoach imo.

Red River is also good.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Big Sexy rules.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Jerusalem posted:

That guy is the greatest fan in the history of the universe :hai:

(Hogan sees guy) THERE'S NO HULKAMANIACS HERE!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
To be fair I kind of now really want the NWO Wolfpac Christmas jumper.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Midnightghoul posted:

That match to be fair was like a meta commentary by Russo on pole matches so I will also give it a pass

I would maybe, but I'm sad he didn't go all the way with it and give Dave Penzer the title since he was the first person to pick it up (the belt fell from the box before Booker could grab it, lol).

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It's kind of amazing how the Evening Standard can be every single thing I hate about London, condensed into print media form.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't watch the shows - has Lacey even had a singles match on the main roster yet?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Wow, Dean really packed on the pounds since leaving WWE lolo

I like Foochs, I hope you're doing what you can dude. Depression certainly is a thing (as are your other circumstances). :(

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I never tire of that web chat story, especially the :stare: Light Heavyweight title joke.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

NienNunb posted:

The AOL story is fake

I imagine a good chunk of those stories are complete bollocks, or at least have notable erroneous details as MRT said (wasn't Vince's airborne fight with Angle BEFORE the Plane Ride From Hell? Because people were referencing it when Perfect and Brock's brawl blew up on that flight, I thought? idk)...

Grant DaNasty posted:

Let's play "Spot the Ketchup Bottle".

... but that said, apparently you can't make up Vince's love of ketchup-soaked meat wraps!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I dunno, man. Isn't this what we all said about "something a bird left on the hood of my car"? And then it turned out that it was all real and this industry is just that dumb

Haha, good point!

The crazy twisted world of WCW admin is one of those gifts that keeps on giving even after all these years.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
That horrific late Nitro theme... :cripes:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

STAC Goat posted:

I don't speak fluent Twitter but am I right to interpret that as:

"Thanks for apologizing for being a Nazi. No one is perfect, not even Vince McMahon."

Because uh...

And what's with all the randomly capitalized words? Are "Sincerely Apologized" and "Better Human Being" just trademarked pr tag lines or something?

I think he meant to say "No one is perfect, including me." forgetting or not being able to include the me, making it look particularly funny when Vince randomly showed up at the end.

I think the random capitals are just the effects of autocorrect and not being bothered to correct it yourself, but you're right about the first bit.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I used to be a little bit taken aback by SA's attitude towards cops, but now I'm like where do you even find these guys? I mean, we obviously have racist, abusive cops in the UK too but the comparatively few rear end in a top hat cops I've met tend to at least be equal opportunity assholes when it comes to things like race.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Von Linus posted:

have you seen the stats for stop and search in the UK and how many BAME vs. white people are stopped?

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures.service.gov.uk/crime-justice-and-the-law/policing/stop-and-search/latest#by-ethnicity

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's still horrific and the police force continue to cultivate themselves through their own toxic subcultures much of the time here. I imagine it's felt much more intensely if you live in a big city, especially London, and I completely accept that I have a huge amount of white privilege when discussing the subject. I was sort of joking with the equal opportunity thing but still, it's just that in my personal experience - knowing people from all sorts of backgrounds - the officers who are just being assholes for the sake of being assholes will go after anyone, if they feel like they're dressed shabbily, have a "rude gait" about them, or even if they just look too tired at the wrong time as I saw in one memorable instance.

I will also fully accept that our media might be even more reactionary and racist than our American counterparts, so it's very possible that we just don't hear about even the most high profile cases of abuse quite so often.

I guess I just see more instances of police officers saying, "yup we hosed up sorry lads!!" (like the Jean Charles de Menezes case, who wasn't black but he looked "foreign" enough if it to count I guess) than I do with every American atrocity, and I've had a cursory glance at stats that suggest that it's at least much better now than it was in the '70s/'80s, though obviously that's an extremely vague and debatable thing to say.

Idk, I just thought it was quite the norm to consider the police as, like, fellow members of the proletariat working under a lovely system in critical circles until recently.

Wrestlers on Twitter: can someone link me that bit where someone dubbed "Why Me" Sid Vicious over the time Braun Strowman destroyed Kevin Owens' car, thx.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the combat arm of domestic capital is not part of the proletariat

Not saying I agree with the idea!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What happened between Vince and Jericho?

efb

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
My man Y2J.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The thing about hyper-conservatives is that they're better at PR than you think.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

I can't get over Cena as Colonel Campbell and Rollins as the next generation's Seasick Steve.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I thought Netflix and chill was just chilling out and watching Netflix for the longest time.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
As an aside, the first time I ever heard of Cracker Barrel was the Petey Williams Scott Steiner story.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
You can definitely fly directly to Tokyo from Heathrow, because I've done it, but flying to the Far East from the UK is weird as it's usually considerably cheaper to get a connection in Paris/Amsterdam/Frankfurt/Munich/Brussels/Zurich/Helsinki/Istanbul/Dubai/somewhere else entirely, so I don't blame them for taking that option. It's not usually too bad. The main issue with changing in Paris is that CDG is massive and can be a real misery to navigate. My heart is with him.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

oldpainless posted:

Biff bagwell

Biff is a stiff and the girls just can't get a sniff.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It's a silly thing to get mad about, but then my mind went back to when Sky had Noel Gallagher on the panel during a Manchester City game and it was 100% cringy and awful so maybe he has a point idk.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Low Desert Punk posted:

I wish every wrestler followed that formula

HICKENBOTTOM

I instinctively heard HIGH NOON AT THE ALAMO in my head.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

haunted bong posted:

The second R stands for "Real Wrestling "

What's the third R for?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I think Meltzer and Rovert are both bad writers and that the politics of "scoopz" largely stink, even though I acknowledge that they themselves are probably well-meaning most of the time. As only a casual fan of wrestling I usually have no idea what they're talking about anyway, just that I "have" to read page after page of people translating and mistranslating what they apparently said.

Remember when the Hulkster said that he was mistranslated from English that was a good laugh.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/xinomaox/status/1182277110800347137?s=19

For context, he's in a horrible "British pub" chain called The Hub that sell Fish & Chips, Margerita pizza and a yard long beer called the "Big Ben". It's the same as tweeting from an Olive Garden that you're "ready for Italy".

I was once attacked by Jimmy Havoc in a Hub.

Every attempt at a "British pub" that I've ever been in abroad has been 100% terrible, not to mention grossly inaccurate. "Irish pubs" are slightly better in that they usually get the drinks right at least, but they're so full of annoying Brits that you remember why you left the UK in the first place.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Haha, this is great.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't know who Mel is because the only wrestling Mel I know is the pedo from the 80s.

Edit: oh great, just assume there's a tweet here or something!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm actually kind of surprised that I've never heard of anyone doing a Klaus Kinski gimmick in wrestling.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Big Huski Boi posted:

Vince tried to do a daughter loving gimmick a lot

True, he probably ticks all of the other boxes better than anyone else too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What did Punk do, I'm out of the loop. It has to be dreadful to be one of the worst people in the business.